PDA

View Full Version : Is this acceptable?

tinkerbelle75
08-19-2007, 08:21 PM
On our upcoming trip, my oldest daughter will be 10. We will be on the DP.:thumbsup:This of course means she will be charged as an adult and ordering off the adult menu. She's excited to be able to eat more than chicken fingers, but I am sure there's no way she will be able to eat all she gets. Is it ok for my other daughter, who is 6 just to share with her and not order anything separate? I am not trying to "beat the system" or bank credits ( we always have some left that we don't use anyway), but it just makes more sense to let them share. Neither one of them eats much, especially when we go to WDW because of all the excitement. Any opinions?:mickey:

hooberry
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
:mickey:she would be allowed to share, my husband and I have done that on occasion to save credits for other meals. the only problem is you will be accumulating unused childs table service credits. I'm not sure how you could use those up, it's not like she could just go eat table service later on her own:blush: If it would be counter service credits those could easily be used up for breakfast.

r4kids
08-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I would say yes, except that all those in the party are added to the dining plan for all days. Meaning if there are 4 in your room all 4 must be on the dining plan for the amount of days your there. If she will already be on the dining plan then I would try and save some credits by letting them share. No sense in wasting food!

tinkerbelle75
08-19-2007, 08:33 PM
It would actually be probably only for table service meals. They like to be 'big' and order their own counter service meals!:mickey:

jonah'smom
08-19-2007, 09:24 PM
You should have no problems letting them share the TS meals, and use the leftover child TS meals for child CS meals as maybe breakfast or something. You can always use TS for CS if you like and using child TS would be more economical than adult TS. Still, the two kids could share and have plenty of food between them! Hope this helps!

Sunshine1010
08-19-2007, 09:32 PM
On our trip in January, my husband and I are going to Artist Pointe, which is a 2-credit meal. Which means, my son will have 2 unused credits.

I was perplexed on how to get a good deal with his leftover child TS credits (2), so what I did was look at some menu's, and figure out the cheapest TS places we (adults) could eat at. They would be lunch at THE PLAZA in MK. So, my husband and I would be paying out-of-pocket for that meal.

Then, for the second one, we're going to eat at a CS service. BECAUSE....most of the TS meals for kids are just ckn. fingers/etc. anyhow (except for places like Spoodles, Le Cellier where he can get a steak).

chick20679
08-19-2007, 09:49 PM
This is what the Disney Dining Plan FAQ post states:

Q: If I redeem a credit for a meal can I share it with another member of my Dining Plan party?

A: Yes, Guests may share a redeemed meal among other members of their Magic My Way party as long as the meal is not a fixed price meals. Fixed price meals include Buffet, Family Style, Pre-Plated and Packaged Meals.**Disney may be in the processes of changing its sharing policy. Although no Dining Plan literature currently states such, some Guests are being informed by Guest Services that sharing is not allowed on the Dining Plan. At this point in time, it appears individual Guests experience may vary on this issue.**

Natazu
08-20-2007, 03:20 AM
I was perplexed on how to get a good deal with his leftover child TS credits (2), so what I did was look at some menu's, and figure out the cheapest TS places we (adults) could eat at. They would be lunch at THE PLAZA in MK. So, my husband and I would be paying out-of-pocket for that meal.

my two cents :twocents:
Maybe check out Beaches and Cream. I think that would be really fun for everyone and better food.

vamaggie
08-20-2007, 08:05 AM
... use the leftover child TS meals for child CS meals as maybe breakfast or something. You can always use TS for CS if you like

:confused:Is this correct? :confused:Can you exchange left over TS meals for CS meals if you want? Does this apply to children's meals only or can adults do it too? Like if DH and I share at one meal can we use the TS credit for a CS breakfast? I know it would not be the best use but in a "use or lose" situation we may want to do it if it's ok to.

anewvision
08-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Amazing, This sounds like the Dining Plan
causes you a lot of planing. Every wonder
why disney doen't ofter the DP to APs

Figment!
08-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Can you exchange left over TS meals for CS meals if you want? Does this apply to children's meals only or can adults do it too? Like if DH and I share at one meal can we use the TS credit for a CS breakfast? I know it would not be the best use but in a "use or lose" situation we may want to do it if it's ok to.

Short answer, Maybe.

There is no standard policy for this and it is by no means guaranteed; however, some Guests have reported that they have been able to downgrade credits on a one to one basis at the Guest Services at their hotel towards the end of their stay.

vamaggie
08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks Jason! Nice to know we may have some options if we don't use all the TS credits (since we too will havea 10 yr old and younger child) and there is so much food.

WDWFanatic
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
We were getting ready to leave last year and I asked the counter service person to check what we had left so I could grab a couple snacks for the airplane ride home. He told me what I had left, which included a counter service meal...He then told me I could get two snacks in place of the CS meal. I didn't ask, he offered so I guess it depends on where you are and who is at the counter.