PDA

View Full Version : Plump at Sea World and Busch Gardens

angiey
08-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Does anyone of larger size have suggestions for Sea World and Busch Gardens? I can do most rides at Disney, but thought I read one time that other parks are not as accommodating. Any help will be appreciated.

disneydeb
08-19-2007, 07:11 PM
I've not been to Busch Gardens. I had no problem at Sea World, but Universal will never see me again.

Rockstar Boyfriends
08-20-2007, 12:12 AM
At Sea World, there are three rides:

The Kraken roller coaster
Journey to Atlantis (flume ride/roller coaster)
Wild Arctic (simulator)

Kraken has a double-strap seat for larger riders in rows 4 and 5. Try the test seat out front. If you can't fit into it, try the double-starp seats. The single strap seats can be very accommodating to larger-sized people.

Journey to Atlantis' boats mught be a tight fit. There's a seat and a lapbar.

Wild Arctic's seats and simulator room are similiar to Star Tours. If you can fit into the seats at Star Tours, you should be OK at Wild Arctic. If you can't fit, you can always sit in the silver benches at the stationary seats in another room.

Onto Busch Gardens...
Busch Gardens has the following roller coasters:
Sheikra
Kumba
Montu
Gwazi
Cheetah Chase
Scorpion

SheiKra, Kumba, and Montu are made by the same company that built Kraken, so remember Kraken's tips. Each of these coasters have a row with a double-strap seat for larger riders. I can't recall where they are, so look for the signs or ask an employee.

Cheetah Chase is a wild mouse coaster that might be a tight fit. It might be better to skip this one. It's not because of the fit, but because it's the worst wild mouse I've ever ridden (and lines tend to be long).

The Scorpion may have problems for larger people. Seating is tight with a lapbar. Again, I've seen larger-sized people fit in this coaster, so try it.

The Timbuktu area has a few flat, carnival rides. I usually don't ride them, though, but most of them appear to be accommodating to larger-sized guests.

Rhino Rally has seats similar to Kilijarmio Safari, so if you can fit into those seats, Rhino Rally shouldn't prove a problem. Rhino Rally vehicles have a seatbelt. I think the navigator's seat might have more room.

Otherwise, the rest of Busch Gardens are shows, animal exhibits, and the train.

Also, go to Universal! You'll enjoy yourself or I owe you $1.95! :thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-20-2007, 10:01 AM
The other poster (who had LOTS of helpful tips) forgot Gwazi at Busch Gardens. The seats on that roller coaster are VERY tiny! I would skip that one!

Rockstar Boyfriends
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Oh, sorry, I forgot about Gwazi! The seats are rather small there with a seatbelt and lapbar. It's probably best to skip that because:

1.) Load times are long. It take the crew almost 5 minutes to load and dispatch a train. They check the seatbelts first, wait a little bit, and then check the lapbars, wait a little bit, and dispatch a train. The ride itself is very rough. If you want to save a visit to the chiropractor, skip Gwazi!

angiey
08-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the information. It is comforting to know that there are test cars in front of the rides. I was able to try the one at Everest and I'm so glad I did! Taking time to write the post is appreciated!