PDA

View Full Version : walk from WL to Fort Wilderness

playdead88
08-19-2007, 01:20 PM
we are 1st timers to the WL and were wondering what the walk is like over to fort wilderness - walk vs. boat - and how far into fort wilderness are the campfires/movies in the evening - i mean once we get there do we have to go far to get to the campfire? and also what about the trails end buffet where is that located? im trying to plan a couple evenings with things we haven't done before - thanks :mickey:

traceyo1
08-19-2007, 01:39 PM
This will be our first time at WL also. I asked Disney when I called to make reservations if we were allowed to go to the campfire at FW and was told no that is it only for people staying there. So I will be interested to see how people respond to that part of your question.

playdead88
08-19-2007, 01:50 PM
you're kidding? i thought that was open to all wdw resort guests! im bummed - that looked like fun - what about the pony rides? i wonder if we're able to do that. :(

Maleficent's Dad
08-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I was (and am) under the impression that the Campfire & sing along is for all WDW guests, not only those at FW.

The walk isn't bad, but many consider it long. You walk past the villas at the WL, and there's a well-marked -trail to follow. We've seen deer along the trail - very rustic! :bambi: The trail ends not very far from Pioneer Hall.

The boat is easier to take - but not as fun IMO! The boat drops you off a few steps from Pioneer Hall.

It is a bit of a further walk over to the Campfire area - past Pioneer Hall.

Check out the map of FW here. (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/fwcg07.JPG)

AuntiePeep
08-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure the campfire is open to all WDW guests. I think you just got some bad info. The walk between WL and Fort Wilderness is not bad and it's walkable to the campfire site, but I doubt that you'd want to do it in the dark. I'm no whimp but there is no lighting at all on that trail and while it's great during the daylight hours I would recommend the boat after dark. Perhaps you could walk over and boat back?

CuteAsMinnie
08-19-2007, 07:07 PM
The walk from WL to Fort Wilderness is just about 1 mile, give or take a little.

The boat will get you there in about 5-10 minutes, if Fort Wilderness is the first stop at that time of day once leaving WL. After 3p.m., I believe it's WL, Fort Wild., MK. Before 3p.m. it's the reverse. :mickey:

casey@bat
08-19-2007, 09:08 PM
We have stayed at FW and went to the campfire many times. They never check to see if we are staying at the campground or not. Many people ride the boat from Magic Kingdom and go to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and then the campfire. Or, take the bus to the campground to go to the Hoop Dee Doo. There is no one checking for proof that you are staying there.

If that is a rule, it is not inforced.

We went to the pool at the Contemporary in December and no one knew that we weren't staying there.

Sinewiz
08-19-2007, 10:21 PM
As mentioned, I would definitely check further on the campfire at Fort Wilderness as I don't believe there is any way that it's for people at Fort Wilderness alone.

TheRustyScupper
08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
1) The Campfire is open to all WDW resort guests.
2) In fact, they don't check room keys and non-resort gueats do attend.

CU Tiger
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
According to the CMs, the campfire is open to all WDW guests.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the path between WL and FW is not lighted very well. If you are going at night, you might want to use the boats. We have ridden our bikes several times down this path and it is nice and peaceful.
There is one additional route from WL to FW that veers off the main paved trail that leads to the beach. At this point, you can walk along the beach to WL. It is too sandy to ride bikes, but it is also a nice walk. It may be considered an exercise trail?? :confused: :mickey:

Crow
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
i walked it after eating at Trails End. id say a mile too. but not sure of nighttime lighting. its not far for the hall & buffet where the trail starts/ends