PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good beach excursion in Nassua

maxmolly
08-19-2007, 12:41 PM
We are taking our first cruise this coming Jan. I was wondering what would be a good disney cruise line excursion to take. We really would like to go to a beach but want to stick with dcl options. Hope some one can help me!:mickey:

Sunshine1010
08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I went on a Carnival cruise that went to Nassau. I signed up for an excursion that went to.....I think it was called......Blue Lagoon.

It was wonderful. There were paths. Some beaches were crowded. Some had more kids. Some had just adults. You just walk around until you find what's 'right' for you.

There's a main section where all the partying goes on (games, etc.)...and where the food is.

They had a store, an outdoor restaurant...that was decent (but you have to pay cash for the food...and it was expensive....something like $9.00 for a hamburger).

We went to the beach that was VERY quiet. It had hammocks. We were one of maybe 10 couples of that beach. We both fell asleep. VERY peaceful.

We decided to go explore, and the other places were crowded....and some not-so-crowded.

We'd do it again.

The only bad thing is that you have to get on a boat to get there. Which is fine.....but they state in the pamphlet from Carnival that it will take 90 minutes to get there. It took more like 2 1/2 hours because they actually make another stop and pick up more people. So...that was the only downer of it.

We'd still do it again.

Good luck.....have fun....and if you go to the Blue Lagoon ---- bring your camera.

****Please remember...I can't remember if that's what the excursion was called. Look up stuff under Carnival cruise lines and then look up Nassau excursions. It should have it.

TammiMcMan
08-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Sunshine, i've heard the same thing about the Blue Lagoon excursion through DCL, that it takes quite a bit of time to get there. The Atlantis Aquaventure is much closer, only a 25 minute drive, but it's quite pricey. It does give you access to both the beach and the amazing pools though. I know you wanted to do something through DCL, but booking a day room at either the Atlantis or Comfort Suites next door will give you all day access for up to 4 people at the Atlantis resort and it would be much cheaper than the excursion. You would need to get over there on your own, which you could easily do with a taxi just outside the Welcome Center or water shuttle.

Sunshine1010
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Day rooms?.....tell me more.

TammiMcMan
08-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Day rooms?.....tell me more.Some resorts offer a very discounted rate on rooms that are used during their down time (between 10am and 3pm). The only problem with the Atlantis, is that you may not be able to book them in advance. Depending on the season, you need to call over and check availability when you pull into port. Sometimes they do come up on the travel sites though and you can call either the Atlantis or Comfort Suites directly.

The day room gives you room access between the hours that I noted above. Specifically for the Atlantis and Comfort Suites though, you are also entitled to the wrist bands, which gives you all resort access. Maximum occupancy in their standard room is 4, so for the price of one Aquaventure excursion, a whole family of 4 can enjoy the same benefits.

If you don't want to risk waiting until you arrive for a day room, you can also book an overnight room and check-in early. Chances are your room won't be available yet, but very few people need the room anyway. They just want the on site advantage for the pools, beach and aquarium.

Sunshine1010
08-19-2007, 05:18 PM
How interesting.

Visiting Atlantis resort without 'staying' there....neat idea for the 'day rooms'.

How much?