PDA

View Full Version : More CM Magic-a little long

mouseaddict
08-19-2007, 12:11 PM
We just got back from a wonderful week at Disney. Sadly it ended with a disaster for my DS 5. We were going to see Fantasmic on Friday night, but were running late. Wound up being guided to the standing room only section. For those who don't know it is a pitch black section way up at the top of the amphitheater. So my little one walked in and tried to move a little closer...well...down he went. I heard the horrible blood curdling scream and I knew...he broke his arm. I am a nurse and have seen some horrible things..but nothing compares to your little one standing there with a deformed arm. The CM's were over to us in seconds. I have to admit at first they were on the defensive, and I was getting upset. But when we got over to a quiet area they really made things go so well. Danny..to whom I will always be grateful..started sending CM's to get things for him. Suddenly there were Mickey ice creams, a beautiful Sorcerer Mickey doll for him to hold. When the EMT's had to cut his favorite Cars shirt..a new Mickey ToT shirt appeared magically. When I had to leave my friends and my daughter to ride along with my son..they found someone to drive them back to the hotel. It was all done so smoothly that this shaken mom felt able to deal!
We spent until 3 am in the hospital (during which time my little one was ticked that he had to miss his favorite show..but was thrilled because "Mickey" had given him a new shirt and toy.
The next morning there was a bag full of treats from MGM deliverd to the door. Danny called that day to make sure all was well (we were on the road back to Jax at that point).
I can't even begin to express my thanks to everyone that helped us out..they made a terrible experience just a little magical..and that meant the world to us!

princessimagineer
08-19-2007, 12:34 PM
wow that is possibly one of the nicest storys i have ever heard! im soo glad the CMs responded the way they did, the last thing you need is staff ignoring your needs in situations like that.

back in '03 it was late and we were coming back from i forget which park but it was by bus and at night you know how they turn the lights off in the bus? well we wer sitting along the back and we can see a sillouhette (sp?) of something fall and make a loud thud and then i heard people yelling TURN THE LIGHTS ON and sure enough a guest fainted and he started having seizures. Even though it wasnt anyone in my party, (and the guest was there with a cast member friend in the bus) the situation was handled realy well. all of us were transported onto another bus and everyone was very cooperative.

it realy is nice when you hear storys like this. :mickey:

IloveDisney71
08-19-2007, 01:36 PM
That's an awesome story - thanks for sharing it. Now your son will have some good memories to go along with a bad experience.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-19-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry about your son's arm. Poor kiddo. :(

I am so glad everyone was so great to him. That is so nice to hear. I hope his arm heals quickly!!

Mom2princesses
08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
I just cringed when I read your post your poor little guy. (poor mommy too!) I am glad every thing was handled in such a professional and kind manner. Yay to Danny the great CM. Your son sounds like a real trooper. Glad that such a terrible event ended happily and everyone one was ok and well taken care of too!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Your poor son! That's a trip he'll never forget! It will make for an interesting story in the future. I hope he's feeling better and I'm glad to hear they took such great care of you and him.

tinksmom02
08-19-2007, 10:54 PM
What a horrible thing to happen to your son! I'm so glad that the CM's were not only right on top of things, but were able to provide some Disney magic even during such an emergency. Your poor son...and poor mom! What a terrible thing for you to have to experience. I hope he's feeling better, and that your nerves have calmed down a little! :mickey:

mttafire
08-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear about the fractured arm, Im glad He's OK!:thumbsup: Im happy everything worked out ok and Disney handled it Professionally.:mickey: He sounds like a little tough one!:D

January-2007
08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow what an ending to your trip. It sounds like they really helped your son, that's so great! Thanks for sharing your story with us. :mickey:

bleukarma
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Wow, how horrible for your son! I'm glad the CM's handled everything so well! I would write a letter to Disney about how good Danny was! :mickey:

snifflesmcg
08-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Oh my god! My mouth dropped while reading this story. That poor kid. Disney sure does go above and beyond.

poeticeclipse
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh goodness! That's awful about your son! That must have been terrifying. I'm glad that the CM's were so wonderful. I hope he is feeling better!:mickey:

MMouse6937
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
That was a cringing experience. I'm so glad that Disney came through for you and handled it so well. :pixie: for your little one and his arm :mickey:

disneydrmr
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh my! Poor guy! But how wonderful that the CM's and Disney stepped up and offered some Mickey Magic to help make your son feel better! I hope his arm heals quickly!

BrerSchultzy
08-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow, how horrible for your son! I'm glad the CM's handled everything so well! I would write a letter to Disney about how good Danny was! :mickey:

I was going to say the same thing. Disney really does reward CMs who have done so well, that someone writes in. And it's always SUCH a great treat when you find out someone DID write a letter.

I am very glad your son is okay. What an ordeal.

But please, write a letter in to WDW, and give Danny a little payback. It'll make his day! :mickey:

mouseaddict
08-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Thank you so much for everyones concern. Joshua is doing just fine..we had our first follow up appointment today and so so good..but there is a possibility they may have to put him under for another reduction. The worst part of all of this is that 2 days before we arrived at Disney Joshua had been in the ortho clinic for a follow up to...a broken arm! In May he broke his ulna and now it is his radius. The doc at the clinic could not believe we were back!

Ariel_Fan
08-22-2007, 01:14 PM
We were at AKL one day and my nephew had a seizure. We were really close to first aid. They were excellent to all of us. They gave my daughter a page to color and then later came in with a Minnie Mouse doll for her and then a Mickey Mouse doll for my nephew. They also gave my sister and her family a pass to come back some time. What I would expect is for them to attend to my nephew and his health issues...its great that they went above and beyond. Its nice to know that they try to make the best out of every possible situation (good and not so good). :mickey: