PDA

View Full Version : A little non-WDW Mickey magic...

GottaLvDisney
08-19-2007, 08:11 AM
A few days ago my daughter started complaining about a pain in her lower abdomen...it ended up being appendicitis and she had surgery on Friday.

Before going in for the procedure, a nurse gave her a small stuffed Mickey Mouse and told her that he could stay with her to keep her company since, as any 8yo would be, she was definitely scared. When she came back into the recovery room, they had taped up Mickey's tummy with bandages in the same place as her's and he had an oxygen tube to match. They even took a little picture of her with Mickey for her scrapbook and gave it to us.

She's fine, recovering great, and Mickey ended up being her best pal during her hospital stay - he replaced her much loved Webkin, brought from home. She's even decided that he will accompany us on our upcoming WDW trip - we leave in only 27 days!

Gotta love that Mickey/Disney magic !!! :mickey:

Jeff
08-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Great story. Sounds like a wonderful surgical staff.

I'm glad your daughter is well and recovering fine.:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Sounds like your daughter received such special care! Glad to read that she is doing well and has a new friend!:mickey:

shan-ash
08-19-2007, 09:35 AM
:magic: and :wishes: a speedy recovery!!!

Caroleh
08-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Kuddos to the surgical staff!!! It always amazes me how much they do for the kids that have to undergo surgery.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-19-2007, 11:12 AM
More kudos to the hospital staff. I wish ours had made our DD's stay a little more pleasant last November when she had surgery. Our OR staff left a lot to be desired.

I am sure that made your DD feel a little less fearful.

I am so glad she is okay. I hope she is back to 100% soon.:cloud9:

DisneyDreams09
08-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Great Story!

It's so great that their are still people out there who care enough to go above and beyond to comfort someone who is scared.

mickey&missy
08-19-2007, 05:51 PM
What a great story! I'm glad Mickey helped your DD through her surgery! Lots of :pixie: for a speedy recovery!

pdrlkr
08-19-2007, 08:32 PM
great story! hope you have a speedy recovery! :thumbsup:

Mom2princesses
08-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow what an awesome story. Glad your little princess is feeling better and what a wonderful medical staff too.

tinksmom02
08-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm so glad that your daughter is feeling better, and that her appendicitis was discovered and taken care of quickly.

And what a wonderful hospital experience for her! I'm glad she had such caring people to look after her!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Thank goodness it happened far enough before the vacation so that she will be good as new by the time you go.
I'm glad to hear she got such wonderful care. I couldn't be a nurse or a doctor for anything. I don't know how they do it.