PDA

View Full Version : Written Confirmation For Upcoming Stay?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi guys :mickey:

We are going to SSR for our first trip home on 9/13. So, this is all new to us.
Do you get a written confirmation from Member Services for your vacations? I am talking about what room category, number of people, dates, etc, like you get with a regular resort stay in WDW?

We have not received anything from MS in regards to our upcoming visit, only our ME info that we booked two weeks ago. Our trip has been booked since January.

I was just curious. I may be paranoid but, I always like having something in writing when I am going away. :confused:

I can check it all online so I guess if we don't get anything in writing I can ask DH to print it out work.

Thanks so much for any info you all may have. Only 25 days!!:party:

dlpmikki
08-19-2007, 04:48 AM
You should have had a letter from member services. It would say whose name the booking was in, which resort, what size room, how many guests, arrival and departure dates, points used and when you get trash and towel or cleaning and any special requests.

You could email or call member services to say you haven't had it and I'm sure they would resend it.

vizsla
08-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Yes you should have received a confirmation in the mail as already mentioned. You should e-mail or call member services to make sure everything is ok and you can also check the status of your account on the DVC Member website as far as your ressie and points.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks! I just emailed them. I had a feeling we should have received something. :thanks:

CarolMN
08-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't worry about not getting the paper confirmation. We've been members since 1999 and have many stays under our belt. Not once have we needed the confirmation letter for anything.

If you don't get anything before you leave (as a result of your email), don't worry. Just print out the online reservation info from the Members' website or copy down the confirmation number. Either can be your "back up " should something go wrong (but it won't).

You'll be fine!

Enjoy that first trip home!

xwdpuzzler
08-26-2007, 05:34 PM
If you don't receive confirmation letter and want to make sure that you still have your reservation can you go to the disney site to look up your confirmation number or is it best to call and confirm?

xwdpuzzler
08-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I just figured out how to see if your res is there, I went to DVC and it was right there.

Thanks

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-26-2007, 05:41 PM
If you don't receive confirmation letter and want to make sure that you still have your reservation can you go to the disney site to look up your confirmation number or is it best to call and confirm?

I did call last week to make sure that my reservations were confirmed. Everything was fine they said. They were going to ship me out a new letter this past Monday. As of yet it has not arrived so I am going to call Member Services again in the morning.
I would just feel better having a written confirmation. I have checked online as well and all the info for our vacation is there too.

I also have not received any of the member newsletters except for one back in January. Does anyone know how frequently they are sent out?? I had them double check my address and info and everything was correct so I have no idea what is going on. I have never had a problem with receiving any info from Disney until I joined DVC. :confused:

xwdpuzzler
08-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Congrats on your first visit to SSR. We went in April and had a blast. The villa was nice and they have a huge pool plus smaller pools around the complex.

I am looking forward to going back again, but for our trip in 03/2008 we are going to Animal Kingdom Villas.

Hope you have a great time.