PDA

View Full Version : Need Vet help with Reglan

Mr. Brass Bonanza
08-18-2007, 08:46 PM
My dog Sophie needs to take Reglan because of her IBD. For the past few years, the pill has always looked the same. But when I got my refill the other day, the pill looks different. It looks more like a small torpedo. On the front of the pill, there is a symbol that looks like a check mark. On the back are the numbers 42 and 35, separated by a performation to split the pill in two.

Does anyone know if this is enough information to identify it as Reglan?

Thanks!

TiggeRia
08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
You can do a google search for "pill identification" and there are several websites that will help you to identify the pill. They will usually ask for the color, shape, and imprints and then it will come up with what the pill may be. I hope that helps! Good luck!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Thank you! With a little digging, I found out that "V 4235" is a generic for the brand name Reglan.

Thanks so much!

hooberry
08-19-2007, 01:40 PM
you probably never received name brand Reglan, most pharmacies will not stock it because the generic is so cheap,I'm not even sure if the original company even makes the brand anymore. You were actually receiving the generic metoclopromide. Because different companies often make generics of the same drugs, you may get a different looking pill each time. Most big chain pharmacies will just order from whatever company happens to be most cost effiecient at that time. Don't worry, all generics, no matter what company makes it, have to meet the same standards as the brand name drug. ALWAYS question what a pill is before taking it if you think it looks different, you can check the internet or call poison control for identification. Pharmacies do make mistakes since they are staffed by human beings:mickey:

BRJARE3
08-19-2007, 10:58 PM
I work at a Vet Hospital and our pills change to reflect the cheapest manufactor that we can find, so that our clients pay less for their prescriptions. Always ask if not sure. Good luck.