PDA

View Full Version : The Other Disney Magic.

LoriMistress
08-18-2007, 05:59 PM
This is something that we all know but maybe don't really think about. We know that Disney brings magic with their characters, attractions, CMs, theming, music, smells, etc. but after listening to WDW Today last week's podcast, it made me think about this one particular Disney Magic...the magic that you experience with being with friends and/or family. When you're in the park with your DH/DW/BF/GF, or even with your own kids, or your best friend, etc. Just seeing their faces light up, or how much everyone is having a great time, etc...that magic always warms me up and makes me want to go back to WDW all over again.

Please share your wonderful Disney magic you've experienced with friends/families.

alilprincessmom
08-18-2007, 11:13 PM
There are so many magical times with family that I can think of but there is one that really sticks out in my head. We were at WDW for my DD's 3rd birthday. We were staying at FW and along with myself and DD were my DH, my DGma, DGpa, Dmom, Ddad, DMIL, DFIL and DSIL. Touring all of the parks with all of my family was just wonderful, an experience that no words can really describe. I remember I kept stopping to revel in being there with everyone, and I would sometimes get so lost in my thoughts my DH would have to jog me "awake" again. I remember watching FOTLK with everyone and seeing the looks on everyones faces(they had never seen it before). I paid so much attention to everyones reaction I hardly saw the show myself. It truly was magical!

traceyo1
08-19-2007, 08:08 AM
I have only been to WDW twice, in 2005 and in 1977. I was only 10 then and we went with two other familys. There are some wonderful memories I have cherished all my life and that was why I couldn't wait to take my family in 2005-my husband and kids had never been before. This year we are going with my parents, husband's brother and family and my sister and family. I can't wait to make even more memories as most of these people haven't been before. The look of awe on first timers makes the trip worth taking.

One memory I have laughed about with my dad for 30 years is . . . A man yelling "Mickey Mouse in a glass house". He was selling balloons with a color shaped Mickey in a clear balloon.

Mom2princesses
08-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Magical momments... you are so right! I have two that are close to my heart... The first was with my mom and I remember her going on Space Mountain with us. I thought she was cool to ride with us. She took me. my friend, my brother and his friend and my cousin there for our very first visit. We all chipped in and brought her a pretty expensive for us at the time (we were teens) statue of snow white bending over and kissing Dopey on his bald little head. Dopey was her favorite character) She loved it and kept it on her night stand until the day she passed. I will never forget that trip and I'll will smile once again thinking of her when we go this Saturday.

The second one was the very first time my older daughter saw the castle for the first time. The look on her face brought tears to my eyes. It was so very real and magical to her.

Now this year we are going and it is my 3 year old's first time. I just can't wait to watch her face as she looks up main street at the castle for the very first time. I'll be ready with my video camera and a tissue for me!