PDA

View Full Version : But its just for kids!...

The Flying Dutchman
08-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Has anyone else found that after telling people that you are going to WDW they reply "But isn't that a place for kids?" Personally, I have started taking a tally of people who mention this to me (currently up to 9)
Is this just a problem that I have or is it a common theme for people talking to others who have never been?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-18-2007, 12:17 PM
We have heard this many times. I just ignore them. ;)

We always get asked "Why are you going to WDW again?!" I just respond "Because we want to". :thedolls:

Seriously, we have gotten so tired of explaining our love for everything Disney that we have decided to just stop trying to explain it. :mickey:

marlyn
08-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Life is short...I do what makes me happy and what makes my life wonderful. Disney is one of many things that do that. I hope that the people that don't "get" our love for Disney have something in their own lives that makes them as happy as Disney makes us.

kdsjjb
08-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Dutchman, you should see the looks we get and hear the questions when we tell people that we are going back to WDW.

We (Me, DW, DS16, DD13, DS10) were at POP in Feb 2007 for a 10 day trip to WDW and Universal.

Now we (just DW and I):cheers: , are headed back in 24 days, 22 hours and 20 minutes :wait: for our first trip without the kiddies. Even our families don't quite understand whe we would want to come back again so soon, or without the kids.

We just smile and tell them we love it there!:cloud9:

2Epcot
08-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I would hear that all the time from coworkers when I would talk about going back to WDW. Probably as long as I've been planning my own trips after the first couple of trips that I took with my family (so that's about all of them). Sometimes I try to explain that WDW is a full resort just like any resort in the world, other times I kind of ignore it.

jonah'smom
08-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Nope, you're not the only one. We get that ALL the time when we tell people that we're going back to WDW, and we haven't been that many times. We have such great family memories there, and enjoy creating new ones every year. I've tried to resist the "Disney urge", but find that I'm completely at a loss. It's like a addiction, I can't help myself!

The people that say that are definitely those who have never been, or have never had as much fun as we do there. I just tell them, they'll have to go at least once to find out for themselves!

I blame my addiction on my Dad. He never took me as a child (never been himself!) So, when my DS was old enough to go, that's the first place we took him! We fell in love, and have been back every year!!!!!!

I don't think DH shares as much enthusiasm as I do, but at least he doesn't argue about going. Also, he's taken up a love of photography, and he's quite happy at Disney!

Tink's Mom
08-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Funny that you bring this up. My DH and I were just talking about this earlier today. It happens so often to us. The same replys that you all have mentioned, and more. We had a visiting performer here this week, and a friend and I took her out to dinner and sightseeing. While conversing over our meal, I mentioned to the very nice young girl that my family and I loved all things Disney. My friend then replied that it was more like a "Freakish Obsession". (She makes fun of us often about Disney, to our faces and to other friends. I would like to add that she has never even been.) I was actually embarrassed by her comment. I then felt I had to defend myself. I explained that we love to travel, and that no matter where we visit, that we never really have FUN like we do at Disney. That it really is magical. That we feel it really is the "Happiest place on earth". To my surprise the girl said that she understood, and that she loved disney also! And the person that she toured with her last trip, had worked for quite a while on the "Great Movie Ride". It was very satisfying to see the look on my friend's face :blush:

The Flying Dutchman
08-19-2007, 06:25 PM
So great knowing that we aren't the only ones!

:mickey:

pdrlkr
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
We have heard it at least a million times! It drives us crazy! :crazy:

scooterca42
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I've heard that a few times. Then I just smile at them and say "I know. My husband and I are the biggest kids I know."

Kind of ends that discussion. Funnily enough, one of the people at work that had given me that line came to me last year, somewhat sheepishly, and said that they were planning a big reunion at Disney and she didn't have the first idea what to do - could I help? I recommended Intercot, naturally:number1:but ended up doing some of the park planning for her.

She's been back once already and they're planning another trip in 2009.