PDA

View Full Version : Not so scary Halloween

The Flying Dutchman
08-18-2007, 11:58 AM
The Mrs. and I are headed to WDW in mid September and are still trying to decide if we should try for the NSSHalloween party tickets. Does anyone have an opinion on this (ie is it worth it)? Are tickets even still available?
Thanks!

paulsheri
08-18-2007, 12:21 PM
My wife & I went last year and we had a lot of fun. We dressed like American Indians and had our picture taken with other "Indians", do it and enjoy it, go early and get your treat bags and load up on all the good chocolate

crazeedizneefinatic
08-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I would say if you have never done it at least once is an order. We have gone several times in the past and will be skipping it this year.

kathiep
08-18-2007, 02:00 PM
We just ordered our tickets for 9/21 about 2 weeks ago. There wasn't a problem with availability at that time.

GreenBeetle
08-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello and Welcome!! :rocks:

MNSSHP is by far the most favorite thing about our October trips the last few years. It's a fantastic party! If you have the chance . . . do it!! Costumes are optional, but you'll see plenty of adults and children dressed up. Everyone gets a trick or treat bag at the entrance and once inside you'll love how the MK has been transformed! :mpumpkin:

2GOO-FEE
08-18-2007, 02:10 PM
My DH & I have done it several years but now we are skipping it all together. I know that it is according to what night you go but it once was not so crowded on those nights but now it seems just as crowded as any day at the park.

I would say do it at least once. We had fun and enjoyed it but the crowd was sometimes too bad.

mainemajor
08-18-2007, 09:26 PM
go for it. you will never regret it. all i can say is it's fun, fun, fun for everyone:party:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-18-2007, 10:54 PM
We are going to MNSSHP on 9/14 for the first time. We have been in the MK on one of the days of the parties for a few years and it seems amazing...and that is only what we see them setting up as we leave.

We can't wait!! From what we hear we are going to love it. I say go for it!!

glenpreece
08-18-2007, 11:32 PM
I did it last year with my mom and aunt. It was more crowded than during the day due to the fact that they didn't sweep the parks of day guests and we saw plenty of non party guests allover the park. The fireworks are great and the different characters that come out are good too. Those are the only reasons I am considering going back this year.

ASweetLov
08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
How much are these tickets?

Mandykay
08-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Great Halloween fireworks and the Halloween parade is fantastic! I'd go to MNSSHP just for those 2 things:thumbsup: Seeing the characters in their own Halloween costumes is neat. We (my sister(31) and I(33)) didn't dress in costume, but we did wear fun Halloween shirts. Well worth the extra $$ for the party:bat::blackcat::ghost::mpumpkin:

SimbaandNalasMama
08-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Hubby (32) and I (36) planned our trip around the opening of Food and Wine Festival, only to find out there is a MNSSHP the night we arrive (9/28), so natch we had to check it out. I had read on here for years how much fun, etc. So we are going, and we are dressing up. We will be slightly scary, but not so much that they wont let us in. CM sister is also hoping to have the night off to go with as well. In costume, of course :) I hope you decide to go.

hoop de do
08-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Definitely go and above all - Dress up. You will have a blast. Remember everyone is a kid when your at DisneyWorld. :pumpkin::ghost::blackcat::bat::mpumpkin::mpumpkin :

steamboat willy
08-19-2007, 10:38 AM
We are going for the first time this September after reading the POSITIVE POST from our fellow Intercoter's. We ordered our tickets a few weeks ago for September 30. Boooooooo!

:ghost::ghost::pumpkin::ghost::ghost:

Great reports from everyone. I'd say order your ticets and enjoy an evening of good spooks. The Fireworks are suppose to be awlsome.

See you in September! :mpumpkin:

LovinWDW
08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
The wife and I went last year with our DD. We liked it so much we went back to the party two days later. We are going again this year for two nights again. IMO it is the best parade that Disney puts on. (I've seen them all, at all holidays) We didn't dress up but, my daughter did. If your going to be there, go to the party. What do you have to lose? You'll be glzad you did!:thumbsup:

Sinewiz
08-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm going to be there on Halloween night and I can't wait. :mpumpkin:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Hey Sean Riley Taylor's Mom... We will be there on 9/14, also. This will be our first trip. Hope you have lots of fun!

In regards to the crowd comment, does Disney not make those who visited the park during the day leave? Especially if they have not purchased MNSSHP tickets? I'm not trying to be mean, but we did pay extra for the party.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey Sean Riley Taylor's Mom... We will be there on 9/14, also. This will be our first trip. Hope you have lots of fun!

:wave:

Thanks!! I hope you have a great time too.

Kerry823
08-19-2007, 11:30 PM
My DD and I went to MNSSHP last year and it was AWESOME! We were there for the Funai Classic and had not planned to go the the Halloween party. We bought our tickets and went and are so happy that we did. The parade was one of the best I have ever seen and the Fireworks, in my humble opinion, were better than Wishes.

Because we had not planned in advance, we did not dress up but there were many who did and just as many that did not. We still went trick-or-treating and had a blast. It was a great mom/daughter thing which are sometimes hard to get when they become teenagers!

GO AND ENJOY!!!:mpumpkin:

pixiegoose
08-23-2007, 11:38 PM
UPDATE: The husband ("The Flying Dutchman") and I have decided to go on September 21st and purchased our tickets yesterday! I just got back from purchasing fabric and a pattern for my friend (a home ec teacher!) to make me a Disney and ride friendly Tink costume :tink:, since it seems most pre-made adult Tink costumes aren't quite family friendly and are certainly not ride friendly . And I'm trying to talk the husband into a pirate costume of some sort :pirate: but we'll see how that goes.

Figgyluv03
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm glad to see that just adults go to this too. I wasn't sure if I should next tickets for our trip for next October. I told DBf that I would pay the $40, just to see the headless horseman run down main street. I really don't care about the candy and what not, but would love to see the shows, the parade, and of course hallowishes. And it's good to see that everyone dresses up. I have a cute Halloween shirt I would wear.

martinfamily5
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
our family did it once a few years ago and had a blast. The park was very croweded, however the rides were not. So getting to the rides was a pain, but once you got there, no lines. I say experience it once.

CleveSJM
08-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Another vote for "don't miss it." We had a great time last 10-5-06. Rest up and stay the whole time if you can. Crowds started to thin out around 10-11.

GrmGrninGost
08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
MNSSHP is the best! It is my absolute favorite time to be at my most favorite place on earth! Go! Enjoy! :mpumpkin:

DNS
08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
We are going this year for the first time to the party and I'm really excited about it. My feeling is that it has to be worth trying at least once. If we don't care for it much, we won't do it again.

TikiGoddess
08-24-2007, 03:48 PM
I will be going for the first time during the Intercot 10th Anniversary! Look at it this way... the ticket is around $50... you can start getting into the MK at 4pm. 4pm-12am is 8 hrs of fun in the MK and you don't need to use one of your park admissions. Take the morning and relax or go to a water park. And with all the special events, all the candy you can eat, free face painting... it was a no-brainer for me.

TikiG

mickey&missy
08-24-2007, 04:41 PM
If your going to me in WDW and its going on definitely try to go! Its sooooo much!