PDA

View Full Version : Board Walk Dineing

disney
08-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Wondering what anyone thought of the dineing on the Board Walk, all the differnt places to eat.

Natazu
08-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Flying Fish is very, very good. (2TS on DDP)

Spoodles has great food, but the menu is somewhat limited and the service can be spotty.

Big River Grill is ok, nothing special. You can usually get in without too much of a wait.

ESPN Club is a fun place to gather the sports fans. The food is fine for bar food.

Maleficent's Dad
08-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Jym's assessment above is pretty much on target.

The only thing I'll say is that Big River can be good - but it's been spotty; and it's very difficult to get a table in Big River on Friday and Saturday evenings (at least when we're down there, this has been our experience).

Tink#64
08-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Last year was our first visit to the Boarkwalk, and we really enjoyed it! We took the boat from Epcot & it was such a great way to experience our first visit. Pulling up to the Boardwalk from the water - so pretty! We had dinner at the ESPN Club, waited in line probably 20 minutes+. We all had a good time. DH & DS's had to walk around & look at ALL the sports stuff! It was a fun place & food was good with HUGE servings! None of us could eat it all!

Then we enjoyed walking around looking at everything & shopping. There was a street performer - he juggled a kid! :jaw:

We had planned to ride the surrey bikes but by the time we got around to it, it was too late. But we really enjoyed our visit!:thumbsup:

Cathy S
08-18-2007, 08:16 PM
the Flying Fish is a must do for us even with the 2 ts credits. They serve a potato wrapped snapper that is to die for! The service has also been wonderful.

bkfree
08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Spoodles we love as well as the Flying Fish.
Spoodles a home made sangria that is great and the Mediteranean Dip Assortment appitizer is wonderful and unique.

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't know about everyone, but I would recommend Beaches and Cream Soda Shop.

Natazu
08-19-2007, 06:20 AM
I don't know about everyone, but I would recommend Beaches and Cream Soda Shop.
Agreed. Beaches and Cream is a great place for dessert.

ElenitaB
08-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Just wanted to point out to the OP that Beaches & Cream is "across the lake" from the Boardwalk, at the Beach Club. You can get there via the Friendship Boat or walk there.

Though not fine dining, don't forget the kiosks on the Boardwalk themselves (a funnel cake in the evening is one of our guilty pleasures), the Boardwalk Bakery, Seashore Sweets (penny candy, fudge and ice cream) and Spoodle's take-out window.

playdead88
08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
we stayed at the boardwalk two years in a row before we decided to become resort hoppers :) and all of the places to eat are great - even the hot dog cart is awesome! don't forget to stop by the bakery....im gaining weight just thinking about it! :mickey:

brownie
08-19-2007, 02:27 PM
The only place we've eaten at is Spoodles, and had a great meal and great service (although it has been almost 3 yrs.) Depending on your tastes/how picky you are, the menu can be a little limited.

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Agreed. Beaches and Cream is a great place for dessert.

And from what I've heard, they have the best burgers on WDW property.

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-19-2007, 09:12 PM
We've got ressies @ Cape May for our Anniversary Dinner & can't wait. After dinner I just want to walk around & people watch. :marg::beer: