PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Post! Celebrate My Worthless Truimph and WDW Poll Inside!!!

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes, it's official. I have no life. I have posted over 1000 posts dedicated to my planning of many vacations, pining and longing to be back at WDW.

After months (and/or years) of planning your trip, what's the one thing that you're looking forward to the most?

DisneyKim22
08-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Congratulations on the milestone!

We've been planning our upcoming November trip since September of last year. I am most looking forward to going to MVMCP with my nephews and neice (8, 4, 2, respectfully).

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I've been planning for our upcoming December 2007 vacation since I would October 2006. (Sad, I know.) When we finally booked our rooms in March, that's when it started to feel official that we were going.

bkfree
08-17-2007, 11:53 PM
I love all the planning. From spending time online reading all the Disney Boards, to deciding on the APR's, to printing out the park schedules and making our daily schedule. And then laminating it all for the trip.
Our last trip was the first one we flew down on the earliest flight. Arriving at the Orlando Airport at 9:30 am, in our hotel room by 10:30 and at MK by noon the first day.
That was the best moment of all of our trips. Walking down Mainstreet at noon when a few hours earlier we were in a different state at home. SO surreal and fantastic.
That is what I will look most forward to from now on.

jszczur5
08-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Yes, it's official. I have no life. I have posted over 1000 posts dedicated to my planning of many vacations, pining and longing to be back at WDW.

After months (and/or years) of planning your trip, what's the one thing that you're looking forward to the most?

Yes, you do have a life. Planning a once-in-a-lifetime trip (even if it's your 30th), takes a lot of work. I hope you have the most magical vacation ever.

LoriMistress
08-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Yes, you do have a life. Planning a once-in-a-lifetime trip (even if it's your 30th), takes a lot of work. I hope you have the most magical vacation ever.

Aww...thank you very much! Have a magical day/evening!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-18-2007, 01:02 AM
I picked other because my favorite thing that I look forward to the most is just strolling around World Showcase and enjoying it with my DH:thumbsup:

Bobby T
08-18-2007, 02:45 AM

No worries...you could have spent that much time doing far more detrimental things.

As for my thing I look forward to the most? It's the plane ride down there with my wife, sister, bro-in-low, and nephew, where we share Disney stories and non-Disney beverages. :marg:

BMan62
08-18-2007, 08:24 AM
I've been planning for our upcoming December 2007 vacation since I would October 2006. (Sad, I know.) When we finally booked our rooms in March, that's when it started to feel official that we were going.

Sounds familiar... I was just waiting for the 2008 numbers to come out to start planning our Sept. 2008 trip. I was actually in the 'pre-planning' stage for a couple months before the numbers came out.

But, then again, aren't we always planning our next visit?

WDWgoofy
08-18-2007, 09:08 AM
All are great choices, but for me the arrival at the resortfor check-in is a really great feeling!:cloud9:

LibertyTreeGal
08-18-2007, 09:12 AM
I also had to go with "other." For me, nothing is better than the expressions/reactions of my boys throughout the vacation. Nothing else even comes close.

poeticeclipse
08-18-2007, 10:24 AM
I also had to go with "other." For me, nothing is better than the expressions/reactions of my boys throughout the vacation. Nothing else even comes close.

My husband and I don't plan to have children for quite some time. What you stated in one thing that I CANNOT wait for! haha. I just love seeing kids in line ...waiting to meet Mickey for the first time. The anxious look on their face. And then when they finally make eye contact with the big guy (or little mouse) it's just priceless. That's the feeling that I wish for everyone to feel every second of everyday. Pure happiness.

Nekochan
08-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I get so excited when I finally see that 'welcome to disney world' arch. I don't know what the best moment is for me - maybe my first ride on POTC? ALthough this year I'm staying at the Poly, and I can't wait to be on the beach, drinking one of those drinks in a pineapple and watching the EWP and wishes. That is the moment I'm really looking to. That and my 12 yo son's reaction to the belly dancer.

DNS
08-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I was going to select being at WDW, but then I thought about all the times I would see people arriving and we would only have a day or two left and I would think of how cool it is when you just arrive, so I went with being in one of the parks the first day.:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
08-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Voted for arriving at the resort. The greatest feeling for us is getting into our room, and opening the curtains and looking at the Seven Seas Lagoon from our Poly room. Feel relaxed just writing about it. Be there in less than 2 months. Ah, yes there's that feeling. :cloud9::lei::papple::tikki:

dumbo ears
08-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I always look forward to rides and the shows and other attractions. they make wdw even better.

Lacy
08-18-2007, 02:13 PM
There is just something about seeing the Welcome sign! Checking in at the resort is a close second.

2Epcot
08-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Everything is exciting once you get there but I chose checking into the resort. From that point on is when I really get exited, and feel like the vaction has begun. Seeing the Welcome sign is a close second. :mickey:

T-Belle
08-18-2007, 03:47 PM
:party:Congrats on the milestone!!! I voted for checking in. While I could have checked any of your great choices, there's nothing like the feeling you get checking in and having your whole vacation ahead of you.

Mommy2boys
08-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Having my kids meet the characters.

Disneypixie513
08-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Congrats on 1000 posts! The thing i look forward to the most has to be stepping into the park on for the 1st time of the trip(usually for us it's MK,and just seeing the Castle and walking down mainstreet..Makes me wanna smile just think about it :) )

LoriMistress
08-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds familiar... I was just waiting for the 2008 numbers to come out to start planning our Sept. 2008 trip. I was actually in the 'pre-planning' stage for a couple months before the numbers came out.

But, then again, aren't we always planning our next visit?

Very true. But once you start buying the tickets, the room, booking ADRs, it just starts to feel more real. Don't worry, you can OFFICIALLY start planning soon. I'll try to make time go by faster for ya. :cap:

droopy d.
08-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Congrats on 1000.

Caroleh
08-18-2007, 06:45 PM
I put seeing the WDW sign...it officially marks the beginning of your vacation!! Getting on the airplane doesn't even count, because you have to put up with the frustration of the airport.

I put my downpayment on our Dec trip in Sept. of last year..I finished paying it off in April.

pook@wdw
08-18-2007, 06:47 PM
All Of The Above!!!!!!!!!!!:d Congrats on #1000!

Sinewiz
08-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Congrats on #1000!!! :mickey:

mainemajor
08-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Boy, tough poll.
I chose arriving at resort because then all the fun begins:mickey:
I always breath a big sigh of relef as soon as my plane is in the air heading to WDW:cloud9:

lucymouse4
08-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Haha, that's an awesome milestone! Congrats!:number1:

I always loved seeing the welcome sign because my family drives to Florida every time we visit... from Iowa! After a 26 hour straight drive, that sign looks pretty darn happy!:party:

tinksmom02
08-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Congrats on the milestone!

I most look forward to just being at WDW. I love to take everything in, and even though we may be rushing around like crazy, it's still somewhat relaxing, because it's our vacation. We're rushing because we want to, not because we have to got to soccer practice, or home to feed the dogs, etc. Does that make sense?

So I really love the whole experience!

jsw123
08-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Congratulations on the post! I love Disney World, but it wouldn't be the same if I couldn't share it with the ones I love. I voted for being with my family. We just got back from a BIG vacation there with my WHOLE family and the Disney Magic made it wonderful!

:mickey::cloud9::party:

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 05:04 AM
Thank you all for contributing.

playdead88
08-19-2007, 09:03 AM
last year on the way from the airport when the disney arch was in sight the bus driver had us all do a countdown - the kids loved it and it really felt like the beginning of our vacation :mickey:

BritCody
08-19-2007, 09:57 AM
With looking forward to so many things, I would have to say just being at WDW.

DisneyorBust
08-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Congratulations on your posting milestone!:thumbsup:
I voted "other" because they all pretty much apply! I especially love to spend time with my family in WDW!:mickey: I also love to see the WDW sign as we enter the property, oh I can't forget about the resort check in or the first day in the park! Too difficult to decide on just one!:D

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 03:06 PM
last year on the way from the airport when the disney arch was in sight the bus driver had us all do a countdown - the kids loved it and it really felt like the beginning of our vacation :mickey:

Now that sounds so sweet. Did you use ME?

Victor Kelly
08-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Just seeing the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign lets me know I have arrived.

AuntiePeep
08-19-2007, 04:09 PM
LoriMistress, Congrats and I, for one, am glad you've posted that many times for, as a lurker, I've been the benificiary of your knowledge! Thanks!

JCDarzi
08-19-2007, 04:39 PM
My favorite thing is the first time I see Cinderella's Castle and entering Main Street USA.

mook3y
08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Gratz on 1000!!!

Definately just being at WDW!

That means being away from work (office and home!!), school and spend some time with just me and my family (friends this year!).

Only downside is I don't get on Intercot! But... that is what work is for right? :thedolls: lol

LoriMistress
08-20-2007, 01:35 AM
LoriMistress, Congrats and I, for one, am glad you've posted that many times for, as a lurker, I've been the benificiary of your knowledge! Thanks!

Aww...thank you very much. Have a magical day. :mickey:

MickeysEars
08-20-2007, 03:25 AM
once I get on the property, I am Happy!

RAIDER
08-20-2007, 03:42 AM
I would go for arriving at the hotel ..At that point i know my holiday at last begins ...

the other one is when the plane lands on the tarmac in florida after a 10 hour trip :thumbsup:

DizNee143
08-20-2007, 10:11 AM
i voted for arriving at the resort! nothing is better when after your flight...or drive to disney..nothing to better than finally walking into your resort and checking in....knowing you have your whole vacation in front of you..no matter how long or short it is....its just begining!! ahh...i cant wait to go!! only like 3 more months to go!!! :mickey:

disneycouple2004
08-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Just being at the World makes me so happy:D
after all the planning..airports lines..luggage handling..etc etc...its all worth it when we finally arrive :cloud9:

avantgardeinker
08-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Seeing the Welcome sign gives the best feeling in the world... Especially after a long 14 hr drive!!!

108 more days!!
:mickey:

Figgyluv03
08-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Seeing the big Welcome to Disney World sign, along with actually being there and hitting the parks our first day!!!!

bleukarma
08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I would have to vote with just being at WDW. The entire experience makes me happy!! But checking into the resort runs a VERY close second!!! I love staying at the Disney resorts!!

Congrats on hitting 1000!!!!

Cinderelley
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
For me, every trip would have a different answer. This trip is "no responsibility". I'm responsible for people's lives at work. I'm a mom & a wife, so I'm responsible for most things at home. I'm also a daughter whose mother expects her to plan her mother's wedding. I just need a break. I'll start feeling the magic as soon as I check my bags in, knowing that Disney will take care of everything after that! :D

MickeyandTink
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Gratz on 1000!!!

Definately just being at WDW!

That means being away from work (office and home!!), school and spend some time with just me and my family (friends this year!).

Only downside is I don't get on Intercot! But... that is what work is for right? :thedolls: lol

:rotfl:
I do agree 100% with all the above.

MOJoe
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
All of the things you listed are great. I look forward to most of them. But the one thing that tops them all for me is, after throwing my luggage in the room, heading for the park as soon as i can. There's nothing better than walking though the parks on my arrival day! :cloud9:

CaptainSad
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM
I am just happy being at WDW. All that other stuff comes after....

Rich

Jared
08-20-2007, 03:39 PM
In October I am especially looking forward to spending time with my friends because they will all be from INTERCOT!

I've never visited my favorite place with other people who feel the same way, so the 10th anniversary celebration will be a special weekend.

Lisaj13
08-20-2007, 05:16 PM
I voted for spending time with friends and family, although going on favourite rides is a close second.

The first time I took my kids to a Disney park I learned lots about them. Who would have thought that my shy, sensitive 8-year-old DD would love roller coasters, and the bigger the better!

When we went to WDW last year she was 10 and I should have known what her reaction to Mission Space (the tame version) would be: "Is that it?" But she loved the version with spinning!

As my 14-year-old DD said just the other day: "Do you realize it's been 10 months since we went to WDW?" Too long.

grumpycajun
08-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Not a worthless triumph at all! Congrats.

I'd have chosen "all of the above" if there were such a button.:mickey:

Victor Kelly
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Hardly a worthless post, very much the opposite

LoriMistress
08-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Hardly a worthless post, very much the opposite

Aww...thanks. And thanks to everyone for contributing. It's nice to read different peoples' views.

mickey&missy
08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Congrats on 1000! You do so have a life! Your gaining knowledge to help make your vacations the best they can be. Your also sharing a wealth of knowledge that is invaluably helping others!

I picked being in WDW. My very favorite is stepping on to Main Street for the first time! I love smelling the popcorn, hearing the train toot and seeing the Castle :cloud9:

PS I've been here a lot less time then you and have more posts ;) :secret:

Crow
08-20-2007, 09:24 PM
i went w being in a park first day, specifically Epcot:beer::marg:

Spaceship Tigger
08-21-2007, 10:28 AM
It's the most real to me once I am checking in to the resort. That's when the stress of driving is over and it's time for fun.

Marker
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
After the planning......

well, my countdown clock marks the departure time of our flight to MCO. So, I think I'd have to say the next "milestone" is getting on the plane and taking off, leaving KC behind for a few days in FL at WDW. So, I marked other.

KAJUNKING
08-21-2007, 11:46 AM
all of the above! :thumbsup: