PDA

View Full Version : Can I eat dinner at Epcot if I spent the day at MK?

chip2
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm trying to figure out ADR's for Feb '08. I'm wondering if I can make reservations for a restaurant in a park that I did not spend the day at. In other words can I eat dinner anywhere in the world regardless of my ticket option, and if so how does that work. We are staying 8 days, but only doing 4-5 days at the parks. I hope this question makes sense. Any input is very appreciated since this will be our first trip.

Veectoor
08-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Only if you have a hopper pass. I saw somewhere on Intercot that specifically says that you, if you have the basic park tickets, the park you visit and the park you eat at must be the same.

5fromabove
08-17-2007, 10:35 PM
you can ONLY eat in that one park, or resorts, or DTD. However, to eat in a different park, you need the hopper option. Best thing to do if you are buying just base tix (like we are) is to pick your park for whichever day, and reserve your ADR's for the restaurants you want in that park. Then fill in your "non-park" days with ADR's in the other places. There are tons of great restaurants inside the hotels, so you can always find someplace fun to eat. :) Have a great time planning. :)

KAT1811
08-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Like other posters have said you would need the park hopper option added on to your park tickets. IMHO it is WELL worth the added $$$. We very often park hop for dinner. Many days we will spend the day at MGM and "hop" over to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations. The beauty of the world is that you can eat and play in as many places as you want!!!

Raye3201
08-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I agree that the hopper is worth the money. We often visit one park and then eat in a different one that evening after spending the afternoon back at the hotel resting and swimming. It makes the day much more enjoyable and you are able to see 2 parks at a more relaxed pace.:mickey:

Clotho
08-18-2007, 02:44 AM
you can ONLY eat in that one park, or resorts, or DTD. However, to eat in a different park, you need the hopper option.

This is just a little unclear. You can eat at a resort or DTD regardless of what park you play at. And you can leave a park to return to your resort, visit someplace offsite, or DTD, and gain entrance BACK to the SAME park you were at earlier (with a handstamp), no prob. But to go to two parks in one day, regardless of the reasoning (to play, to eat, to see a show), you must have a park hopper. Does that make sense?

chip2
08-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Yes, thankyou ,it does make sense. We were planning on getting park hoppers.

DizneyRox
08-18-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm trying to figure out ADR's for Feb '08. I'm wondering if I can make reservations for a restaurant in a park that I did not spend the day at. In other words can I eat dinner anywhere in the world regardless of my ticket option, and if so how does that work. We are staying 8 days, but only doing 4-5 days at the parks. I hope this question makes sense. Any input is very appreciated since this will be our first trip.
Yes, you can eat ANYWHERE that you would like.

But - Entry into a park requires admission. So, if you are only planning on buying a 5 day ticket, you will only be allowed to enter a park on 5 days. Eating in a restaurant WILL NOT get you into a park, you will still need a ticket.

Park Hopping would be required if you visited MK one day, but wanted to eat at Epcot on that same day. Others have already mentioned this.

Eating at resorts and DTD do not require a ticket, BUT you may need to pay for parking at some of the resorts. Contemporary, Poly, Grand, and Wilderness Lodge all require you go through the MK parking area which may require you pay for parking. If you use Disney transportation, then there are no problems.

5fromabove
08-18-2007, 10:43 AM
This is just a little unclear. You can eat at a resort or DTD regardless of what park you play at. And you can leave a park to return to your resort, visit someplace offsite, or DTD, and gain entrance BACK to the SAME park you were at earlier (with a handstamp), no prob. But to go to two parks in one day, regardless of the reasoning (to play, to eat, to see a show), you must have a park hopper. Does that make sense?

Sorry to be unclear. :blush: You explained it much better, and exactly as I meant to say it.

anewvision
08-18-2007, 11:57 AM
No i think you have to eat at a restaurant in
the same park you entered the day before.
Unless its friday. Then you eat at a restaurant
in the park that you are going to the next day.
I think

next trips

9-2007 ASMu
10-2007 ASMu running 13k at MGM
12-2007 AKL

Jared
08-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Splurge for the Park Hopper option regardless of your dining arrangements. The flexibility and freedom are worth the extra cash. I can't imagine vacationing without the option of visiting Magic Kingdom in the morning and eating dinner in Epcot later that night.

Polynesian Dweller
08-18-2007, 12:40 PM
This is one of the main reasons why we get the park hopper option. Its the only way to get that kind of flexibility. Disney has no way to allow people to just go to the Epcot restaurants. Walk out of the restaurant and you are in the park. So, they have to charge an entrance fee. Same with the restaurants in the other parks.

Clotho
08-18-2007, 08:03 PM
No i think you have to eat at a restaurant in
the same park you entered the day before.
Unless its friday. Then you eat at a restaurant
in the park that you are going to the next day.
I think

LOL! :secret: