PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

traceyo1
08-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Can I hear some opinions about the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT? We booked the dinner package with Coral Reef and the 8:15 show on December 14. Can't wait to hear how the speaker is. We have never been to this before, group is ages 9-65. What do you think?

Speedy1998
08-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Personnally I think this is one of the best Christmas Programs that Disney offers.

teambricker04
08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I didn't have tix last year, but I stood in the back and saw Neil Patrick Harris. I thought it was one of the best Christmas shows I have ever seen and the next time I am down at Christmas I will go to it... even by myself!

I think 9 is an alright age... just don't try it with a two year old!

Marilyn Michetti
08-17-2007, 09:22 PM
It's not a speaker. The celebrity guests are narrators, and basically, read scripture, and the choir sings.

Phylicia Raashad was the first narrator we experienced, and she was awesome!

That's the sum of the CP - Scripture, and Christmas music. If your children like listening to Silent Night, etc., enhanced by trumpeteers, lighting special effects, and the glory of the 50 piece orchestra, and 450 voice choir, they'll LOVE it. Even if they don't, it's shorter than most church services, by far.

It's really beautiful!:thumbsup:

garymacd
08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
The first time we saw it our kids were about the age of your youngest. They were enthralled. The music, the message, the narrator and especially the choirs. We especially loved the choir of Disney Cast Volunteers who are there for the love of the show.

See it once, love it forever.

Gator
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
It is the highlight of going during the Christmas season. My family caught it twice with Steven Curtis Chapman and Mario Lopez. The Christmas story is always great to hear, but the real moment of glory is when the choir get to Handel's Hallejlujah Chorus (from Messiah), I couldn't help but stand up with hands up and cry. A truly great moment.

Catwillow
08-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Phenomenal for any age..... moving ..... beautiful make sure you get there for a nice central seat.

DisneyKim22
08-17-2007, 11:06 PM
This show is amazing!! In fact, since we saw Ben Vereen a few years ago, Christmas Eve service at our church just doesn't cut it anymore. I'm sad that he hasn't been back since that year. This year we're doing the early show w/lunch at Biergarten. Our narrator is John O'Hurley. We had to do that one because my mom and sister just adore him.

PlutoToo
08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
We were there for 3 weeks last Dec. I made it a point to catch each different speaker during that time. I never tired of hearing the narration, the choir, and the trumpeteers. You'll love it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mandykay
08-19-2007, 12:41 AM
The CP is the best Disney has to offer:magic: The choir is just amazing, and I don't mean to sound corny, but, if someone isn't totally moved by the CP something is seriously wrong:angel: You can't help but be filled with joy! And to follow it up with Illuminations makes for a spectacular night:fworks:

Lizzie
08-19-2007, 02:17 AM
We saw this a few years ago with Steven Curtis Chapman and we loved it. We waited in line for over two hours for seats. But we also love good Christmas programs at church. It was a great way for us to start the Christmas season. We even bought the cd which we never do.

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 02:41 AM
Oh...too bad we'll be missing you. I'll be at MGM/DHS that day.

DisneyorBust
08-19-2007, 10:06 AM
The Candlelight Processional is an amazing show, from the narrators to the music. It really is a beautiful show that shouldn't be missed. You won't be disappointed.

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-19-2007, 02:20 PM
DH & I are hoping to catch CP this year - everyone talks about how amazing it is. Having participated in it years ago when it was at the MK I really want to see it at Epcot and see how it compares to Cary Grant being the narrator.:mickey:

Golf Grumpy
08-19-2007, 07:54 PM
We have been to the CP about 4 times and love it. We have seen Rita Moreno and David Robinson. The orchestra is great as well as the narrarators. Actually got to sit by Mr. Robinson's family and they were great!! We have made the package in Germany, Italy and Moraco.

IMHO, Italy was the best but WAY $$$$

Polynesian Dweller
08-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Its a good show and the orchestra is very good. It really is one of the highlights of Disney's holiday celebration. Try to catch the tree lighting ceremony before CP as it adds to the experience.

RAIDER
08-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Its brilliant and as far as i am concerned when i experience it ....I get goosebumps when the choir is in full flow :thumbsup: