PDA

View Full Version : Thanking Cast Members

disneyfan328
08-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Ok, I have no idea if this is posted in the right forum, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else. I have scanned the board, and I have the addresses and email for guest services in order to write to them to thank to very VERY helpful CM's that helped me with 2 things for our upcoming trip.

Here is my question. When I called back to Disney Dining to ask one quick non related question to the above cm's the person that answered the phone was a little hesitant when he went to say his name. Being that its Friday and I was in a good mood, I poked a little fun and said to him if his mind was already on the weekend and did he forget his name?? I was just making light of it for a minute. Now don't take this in the wrong direction he did NOT Get upset or anything like that, but what he did say got me thinking. He said actually YES I did forget my Stage name for a minute there and he laughed.

Now from being the Big Disney fan that I am and having interviewed (and been offered) a job with Disney before - I know that Walt always wanted his employees to be "On Stage" performers and that is one reason why they are called cast memebers, not employees and why they do things like point with 2 fingers instead of one ect ect ect.

So if they all have Stage names and all I have is a first name, how can I be sure that my comment is really commenting the right person??? Has anyone else ever heard of this?
(he said his name was Chris so its a pretty common name)
What to do now? I still want to send in the comments, I just want to make sure that the right people get recognized. Anyone know anything about this?

Dorito2000
08-17-2007, 10:21 PM
For the reservations departments from what I understand, not everyone has a "Stage name"

If there are 2 CM's working in the same reservations department (i.e. Dining) that have the same name, then one of them has to have a stage name, simply so that there is only one "chris" or one "stacy" so on and so fourth in the whole department. Simply so that mix ups can't occur.

TennesseeTink
08-18-2007, 12:20 AM
I used to work in the Reservations department of a very large hotel and convention center here in town. No two agents were allowed to have the same name. Since I have a very common first name, Jennifer, I had to pick a stage name. It sounds like Disney is the same way. If you call to brag about Chris in Reservations, chances are they'll know exactly who you're talking about.

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2007, 01:44 AM
1) You can use a stage name or not use a stage name.
2) My next door neighbor alternates between using one and not.
3) Depends upon her mood.

NOTE: Most of the CM's in the parks and resorts have a name tag that represents their actual first name. However, not always. If you forget your badge at home or lose it, you have to grab another from the box or drawer. Seldom does the tag have your actual name. It gets funny when you grab the wrong sex.

disneyfan328
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
OK so I'll take my chances that when I write my note of thanks it will go to the right people.

Thanks for the input.:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-22-2007, 12:44 AM
If you are unsure, you can always give the date and time frame of your call, because I am sure they can pull up the log and see who was working the phones that day.