PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwich OR W.P. Express?

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
On arrival day (early checkin) we are planning on going to DTD for lunch and shopping. Sandwiches sound good (especially with all of the great reviews here) but WP Express sounds different (is it too different?). Which would you choose? It will be me, DH, DD11, DD6, and DS4. Thanks for your help in making our decision. :mickey:

MuppetVision Fansu
08-17-2007, 02:50 PM
They're both really good. I guess it depends what you're in the mood for. If it were me, I would opt for Earl of Sandwich. :tasty:

disneymom15
08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
I would say Earl of Sandwich. I think the kids might like the food choices better.

mrsgaribaldi
08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I love the Earl:thumbsup:

illini
08-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I disagree. I think WPE is the better choice. Their pizzas are scrummy, and that's almost always a hit with kids. They also have chicken tenders (or used to), though my kids have never tried them. I could eat the chinois salad there every single day. It is sooo good, and pretty healthy, too. I just think you'll have more options with kids at WPE.

BrerStitch
08-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh....that's a hard choice. Here are my thoughts. First, are you paying out of pocket? If so, Earl is probably more economical since any sandwich is $5. Are your kids picky eaters? If so, I'd say Earl again, better chance they'd find something to eat.

Of course, WP has awesome brick oven pizzas. And they are big enough that you could probably get a couple and split them between family members. The DH and I love both, but we have no kids, so take that into consideration as well. Happy eating!

dog-ears
08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Ditto - the Earl

Natazu
08-18-2007, 04:00 AM
No wrong answer here. I have to admit I like Earl more. It's my second favorite next to Cookes of Dublin.

poohbearkris
08-18-2007, 09:31 AM
They are both good choices. My suggestion would be (price irrelevant) that if you were only moderately hungry Earl of sandwich. But if you were very hungry, opt for WP Express. I think you get a tremendous amount of food versus a regular size sandwich. That being said I usually eat at WP Express on the day we arrive and at Earl of Sandwich either during the week or we stop there the day we leave to pick up sandwiches for the airport/plane rather than buying airport food. Either way though you can't go wrong. Bon Appetit!:eat:

crazypoohbear
08-18-2007, 10:41 AM
If you are on the dining plan then I would say WP express.
POP = Earl
Truthfully = Ghiredelli' for ice cream sundaes :D

bjs6
08-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Earl was hands down our most inexpensive meal at WDW last year. The sandwiches were very good too. WP Express was good too but could be a problem if you have picky eaters.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree about the picky eaters and the Earl.
My daughter and niece are very picky; they looked at the menu at WPE and said no way. :ack:
But both had no trouble finding something they would eat at Earl of Sandwich. It avoided an argument and was much cheaper. :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Earl, hands down!

Best sandwhich you'll ever have! :thumbsup:

It's picky eaters paradise, so much to choose from. Trust me, I take with me 3 picky eaters.

pixiesmimi
08-20-2007, 03:33 PM
We went to WPE in June for dinner on arrival day. We had my DGSs 3 & 1. We had no problem finding something for them to eat. The sandwiches are quiet large (two can eat from one) but we just took what was left with us back to the room. I've never eaten at Earl and can't respond to that one.

jwallace378
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Another vote for Earl of Sandwich

offwego
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
WPE here! I found the portions at Earl not good for sharing amongst us at any rate if that helps.

However the WPE portions are huge and I love the pizza, quessedilla and pasta options. My DS has always found something he likes there. (however he is a non picky eater)

Madame Leona
08-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Earl of Sandwich!! I'm seven months pregnant and craving sandwiches and this place has some of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten.

mouseketeer mom
08-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Wolfgang express. Honestly. I've never had better counter service ANYWHERE, in WDW or otherwise. The most delicious food, right down to the giant white macadamia nut cookies. The thai noodle salad was to die for. WGE all the way. I would eat there again and again. I can't think of any other counter service anywhere that feels like table service quality food. My 3 kids LOVED it. We'd always go back.

madhatterrules
08-22-2007, 08:32 AM
I would choose Wolf Gang Puck Express over Earl of Sandwich. I just ate at Earl a few days ago and the sandwich was good but not great, and I think you get more food at WPE that is higher quality. If you want a side dish you'll pay extra at ES.