PDA

View Full Version : I've done it again - booked more days

NJMan66
08-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Why oh why can't I just keep to my initial plans?

Back in May I booked a Wed to Tue trip for this September. I made my dinner reservations, flights.... All was well in June, July and 1/2 of August.:cloud9:

Then it happened. :thedolls: On Monday when I was counting the # of non travel days I would be spending at WDW, I had this panic attack that it was not long enough. So I changed my flights (at a cost of $30 per ticket) and added two more days to my vacation.

I always do this! I always seem to change my plans. Usually I end up tacking on one or two more days at the end of a WDW trip because I do not want to leave. I can't tell you how many times I'm on the phone with the airlines and the hotel the night before my vacation is supposed to end, trying to extend it.

Am I alone with this vacation planning handicap?

faline
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I recently tacked on 2 extra nites to an upcoming trip! :blush:

You certainly are not alone!

TINKERBELL_82
08-17-2007, 01:42 PM
My mother does this as well. She'll come to Florida and not know exactly when she is leaving. It drives me bonkers!! :faint: (No offense, I am just a very organized person who likes to have a plan when it comes to travel arrangements!!) :mickey:

shan-ash
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
But how much fun is it adding extra days?:cloud9:

January-2007
08-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I do this too. I changed the number of nights of our Honeymoon in January from 17 to 5 to 6 and then ended with 9 nights. Our September trip? Started planning on 6 nights, then 7, then 11, and now 13. Ha. Since we're strapped in with the package deal there's no more changing. Gosh darn, 13 nights in WDW, what's a girl to do? :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Only did that 1 time. We only went for 6 days and we wanted to add on 2 more. We could not find a resort with room except a deluxe and we did not want to spend so much money just to sleep, so sadly we went home. We are going in September for 10 days. Would love to go longer but hubbys vacation time does not allow. He only gets 3 1/2 weeks and he does not want to use too much at one time, that makes the year drag. Question to people who go for marathon vacations. 11 days plus. How much vacation time do you have??? Do you use it all at one time? Just wondering.

NJMan66
08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Well I'm sure glad I am not alone with this "weakness." I am usually very organized and like to plan well in advance with all other things in life. Vacationing to WDW is another thing.