PDA

View Full Version : Morning EMH at AK - worth it?

MizMissy
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
We are going in September. The hours for AK are short. Last year in September, AK seemed to be the most crowded park we encountered (on the weekdays, there was a fairly busy day at Epcot on a Saturday). On the day with AK EMH, I planned on Epcot, but now with Teppan Edo opening delayed, my plans are more up in the air on that day.
I found that early EMH for MK worked very well last year, the park seemed empty and we accomplished a lot. But, I'm worried with the limited AK hours that the day with EMH will be extremely busy. So, should we try it or avoid it?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Belle_0717
08-17-2007, 01:00 PM
I found AK was busy on EMH but worth it. It was right before E:E opened officially and we bolted there. The walk up wait was 10 minutes but of course faster. Rode back to back with 15 minute waits. Then it was up to 25 after 3 trips and I hit the single rider line and fast pass.

mulderxcoltrane
08-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Last year during Sept, we also took advantage of the EMH at AK primarily for a few rides on Everest (everyone runs to this ride immediately upon park opening) and the safari.

BelleBeauty
08-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I think AM EMH at AK is worth it. It get SO hot in that park, that the earlier you get there the better. The majority of people will spli t up and go to either KS or EE. I think it is especially worth it is you are planning on hitting some other attractions first.

rnin02
08-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Early morning at AK (well, as early as you can get anyway) is the best time, especially for the Safari, the animals are so active. And the evening EMH is a great time to ride rides, when we have stayed for evening EMH in the past, it seems like most people leave early and there is no wait for anything.

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Personally, I avoid anything EMH. But that's just me.

princessM0m
08-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I always take advantage of EMH when I can. Any jump I can get on the day is worth it.

murphy1
08-17-2007, 11:06 PM
We love EMH too! Growing up there, you just get used to getting up early and getting to the parks, so I think it's great when they let you in early! Many people don't like it b/c they would rather get there opening or later, so take advantage of it!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-18-2007, 08:27 AM
How late is AK opened with the evening EMH?

WDWgoofy
08-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I believe that morning EMH are always a good choice and one that is especially good at AK, as you can ride EE, KS, Dinosaur and LOTLK before noon.

Bluesky481
08-18-2007, 11:11 AM
How late is AK opened with the evening EMH?

Up to 3 hours after park closing. In my experience it has always been 3 extra hours in the evening.:thumbsup: