PDA

View Full Version : Boma problem

jakeofwildwood
08-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I have ADR for a Boma breakfast at 9am. The problem is that I have planned that to be my AK day and just found out it is also EMH (December 3). I'll have to travel around quite a bit to make the ressie. By the time I am done with breakfast I expect the park to be pretty well full.

Is it worth it to A) even go to Boma and B) maybe try to get earlier reservations and take a cab there?

JPL
08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Boma is one my favorite restaurants in WDW. I would try to make it earlier and leave time so you can make it to the park EMH or even better move the ADR for dinner :thumbsup:

disneyboy98
08-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I am going to agree with Jeff. Boma is one of the best restaurants in WDW.

We went there last year for brunch and out thoughts were that it was a great brunch but it did not have the "traditional" african items that you may expect. When you go there for the dinner buffet you get to sample things that you may not get to try other places. For the breakfast buffet (when we were there) there was really only two items (an african egg dish and frunch). The rest of of the buffet was excellent but it was what you would expect to have at any breakfast spot. They had eggs, omlettes, muffins, pastries, bacon, etc., your typical buffet items.

It was delicious and we had a good time. We did however think there would be more "unique" things to try like the dinner buffet, but there wasn't.

I would say that if you are going with the expectations that it is going to have "unique" items, you won't find too many. You could find most of the items at any of the breakfast buffets at WDW. However, if this if your only time to go to Boma and have a good breakfast, I would change the time if you can.

Here is a link to the pictures we took of some of the items that are on the breakfast buffet at Boma.

Click here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8224215@N04/971898621/in/set-72157601135491688/)

Have a great trip!

TINKERBELL_82
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Can you possibly switch your park days? Perhaps you could go on the day that has evening EMH's for AK instead?

If not, I would suggest calling Disney Dining ASAP to change your ressie- Boma fills up fast!

illini
08-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I hate wasting early morning park time eating. So my personal suggestion is to move the ressie to the latest possible seating. Have a "snacky" breaky in the room, go to EMH @ AK, then head over to AK for a brunch at Boma. The dining at AK is dismal anyway, esp with Tusker House leaving. You can still get some AK touring done, try out Boma, and if the park is crowded when you leave, take a bus to a different park after your brunch.