PDA

View Full Version : What is your good book to planning?

jakeofwildwood
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I just got off the phone with my local book shop and ordered the Schellenger 2008 Unofficial Guide book. I haven't been to the world in 2 whole, mind numbing, painful years! I can't wait to see the new touring plans.

How many of you go with a touring plan and if you do what book/source (besides Intercot :cloud9:) do you use?

pixiesmimi
08-17-2007, 06:46 PM
The Unofficial Guide to WDW (Bierbaum??) is good but I downloaded the e-book advertised on this site, The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide, written by a former CM that is really good. I've learned a lot from it.:mickey:

IloveDisney71
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't make plans other than making sure I have all my ADR's asap! :) The only other thing I ALWAYS take with me is a table (that I make in Word) that shows me all the important times at each park throughout my stay: ex. opening & closing times, parade times, Illuminations, Fantasmic, Wishes and of course EMH's. But that is just a guide. I did recently get this book: The Complete Walt Disney World and it is a GREAT resource. You can find out about every ride, good places to eat, and it offers great tips on navigating Disney. I have been to Disney 25 times and I found out things I didn't know! :mickey:

tinksmom02
08-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I like the Unofficial Guide and Passporter's. I won't take a guidebook into the parks with me, but I am taking my Passporter on the trip--it'll stay in the room, but it's got pockets for all my paperwork, and the fold out maps are pretty neat, too.

Tink#64
08-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I've got many guide books, I buy at least one new one for each trip. My family enjoys reading them, just getting into the whole Disney mind frame. Not that we're not always in a Disney state of mind. We'd never leave if had the choice! Birnbaums is great for the pix & DS's like the kids version. The Unoffical guide is my favorite! I don't follow any of the plans really, but I did take some tips from the Unoffical guide on our last trip. We did started saving the high capacity shows until later in the day and focused on the most popular attractions in the morning. But we aren't into all the cris-crossing the park & running back & forth. But we did seem to be able to visit more attractions with less wait by saving some of the "show" attractions until later in the day.

I also take with me, I leave it in the room, an excel spreadsheet that has times for all parks, parades, night time events & any extra attractions that we may visit. I prepare index cards for each park day, that also has our ADR info, park, parade & event times & any other pertinent info. We always have a plan, but we usually change some things depending on the crowd, weather, & just what ever we feel like for the day.Last year I took a lot of printed info from Info Central, such as the transportation portion. The water taxi info really came in handy!:mickey:

Minniemouse27
08-18-2007, 11:59 AM
If I only had to buy one (and I've had the Official & Unofficial Guides, the new "Complete WDW" and Passporter)...hands down it would be Passporter. Definitely the most useful for planning and figuring out what to do and where to go. The others have good info but nothing is as useful as Passporter!

The Flying Dutchman
08-18-2007, 12:04 PM
The Mrs. and I really found the book "Disney on a Dime" to be a huge help! While it wasn't really a typical guide book, the little hints and secrets that it gave us were really cool. AND everything that they tell you in the book is about maxing out your time there while saving the most money! We highly recommend it!

Wolf
08-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Heres another prop for Passporter! We had bought the Birnaums (liked it alot) and then the Unofficial one (and we threw that one away) It was terribly negative and awfully unhelpful. Passporter is going with us on our next trip plus I love to read it on the plane it helps me not freak out! 155 more days!