PDA

View Full Version : Can't get enough of the parks

julyjewel
08-17-2007, 10:22 AM
I have only been home for about a week from my first WDW vacation. Thinking of the MK makes me so happy!:cloud9: I was so impressed with everything. What i would do right now to be strolling on Main St. or riding Splash! Love it!:mickey:

jsdt
08-17-2007, 12:02 PM
I always have the same problem. I'm barely home from a Disney trip and I'm already planning my next one and trying to come up with reasons to go multiple times in the same year.

shan-ash
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
That's why I love this site so I can live through others while I await my next trip!!!!!:mickey:

Tink#64
08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
We're obsessed! We decided to take a year off & take DS's somewhere different. We had a great time at Myrtle Beach, but now we are missing WDW so much! Serious withdrawal! :(

I can close my eyes & imagine walking down Main Street! I also love Hollywood Blvd. So cool! I'd be anywhere at WDW right now if I could!:cloud9:

Gottaluvgoof
08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
:mickey: I know the feeling. I will be at Disney for my 10th visit in September. Every time we go, we say, "This time we're going to take it easy." HA HA HA, what a joke. We are at the parks, open to close every single day we are there, and when we leave, we are so sad. Can't wait until the next visit. I'm beginning to think it's an illness :ill: :D

AdventurerKim
08-18-2007, 10:09 AM
90 more days and we're there after nearly a year's wait, and I'd do almost anything to leave today to be there! We skipped a Spring/Summer WDW trip to go to Hawaii this summer which was fantastic, but all my DH and I talk about now is how much longer we have to wait until we're there again! It seems like forever away!

LudwigVonDrake
08-18-2007, 10:20 AM
We got back on July 12 and I'll be booking another trip for 2008 in a week or so. I WANT TO GO BACK :smickey:

dumbo ears
08-18-2007, 01:13 PM
I always have the same feelings after a recent trip to wdw. after my first trip when i was on the way home I though i was dreaming i was so blown back by wdw.

DisneyKim22
08-18-2007, 01:23 PM
I know exactly how you all feel! I tell people I'm going through withdrawls. I usually go once a year, but when once visit is in April and the following year, not until November, it feels like FOREVER!!!

My husband told me that after next year, we're going to have to start going every other year. :pout:

I've been going every year LONG before I met him, but I guess I'll have to compromise. He wants to try going out of the country once in a while - World Showcase isn't enough for him. :laughing:

Any chance that Disney will open a park in Ireland by 2009? :D

ncscgirl2005
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Gosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. We just got home on 8/15 and I was telling DH last night that I am having withdrawals. I soooo want to go back so badly that I can't hardly contain it. I feel sick to the stomach on some days. Next year is not soon enough. I think I might plan a weekend trip for myself and just leave them here. :cool: How evil would that be?

I also need another Dole Whip! :cloud9: Seriously though, Can't Dole sell these somewhere other than Disney????????????

poeticeclipse
08-20-2007, 02:33 PM
I love these threads where we can talk about our withdrawals. It's nice to give in and say it out loud to someone who understands what you're going through.

What makes me the happiest is hearing my husband say that he misses it sooooo much. Before I took him on his first trip almost a year and a half ago, he just never understood what I was talking about when I said that I missed it so much it made me want to cry.

Now, he even gets to the point where he says "Stacey, I miss it so much it hurts. I wish that we were hopping on the ME right now. I tell people that until they've been there they just don't know what its like. As soon as the Disney cast members start taking care of you, you feel like you're a kid again. It just reminds me so much of my childhood."

It's adorable! When I hear him talk to highly about it I just get excited. I know I married the right guy!! haha.

julyjewel
08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
I have only been home over a little over a week. I look at our pics because it takes me to "my happy place." I can't wait to go back with the hubby next yr for our 10 yr anniversary without the kids at POR. We are booking the trip in 2 more weeks! I just loved being there!:cloud9:

mrsgaribaldi
08-21-2007, 04:48 AM
We all know how you feel. When we get home I want to cry I'm so sad:(

playdead88
08-21-2007, 06:13 AM
hello my name is b.j. and i'm obsessed with disney.....

im all in favor of an "i can't wait till my next disney trip" support group :hi:

mickey&missy
08-21-2007, 08:24 AM
That, my dear, is start of what all of us here deal with....

WDW addiction!!

I'm glad you get to start planning another trip, enjoy!

MrPeetrie
08-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I'll tell you how bad my withdrawal syndrome is. We haven't even left for our vacation yet and I start getting sad about returning.

I have all my ADRs in place and each day is pretty much mapped out, even rest days. Sometimes, I start running through each day in my head: "The day we arrive, we'll check in, go to Epcot, eat at the Living Seas, ride Nemo and Turtle Talk w/Crush, etc." And I'll do this for each day to make sure it makes sense and is doable. When I start thinking through the last day -- "We'll get up, have breakfast at Chef Mickey's, take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom" -- I start getting very sad about the departure. In fact, I'm getting sad typing about it right now and I still have 55 days to go before we head down. I think I need help!
:( :( :(

ncscgirl2005
08-21-2007, 09:39 AM
hello my name is b.j. and i'm obsessed with disney.....

im all in favor of an "i can't wait till my next disney trip" support group :hi:

I second that! :hi:

brad192
08-21-2007, 10:41 AM
You want withdrawal? Try having to cancel 2 trips in a row ('05 &'06), and see how that feels! :crying::angry::fit: Luckily, the '07 trip is right on schedule & already paid for, so there's no stopping me now! :joy::woohoo:

DisneyCouple07
08-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I had the same problem after the first time I went in 2000 and I still can't get enough. My DW and I honeymooned at WDW last year. She had never been to The World and didn't understand why I was so excited—it got to the point that she didn't want to know about anything Disney until we got on the plane. On the first night we were at MGM and went the The Hollywood Brown Derby for dinner and then took in Fantasmic—while watching the show all I heard her say is "this really is a magical place." Between that and seeing Cinderella's castle at MK the next day she was done for. She now planned our anniversary trip this year (with a little help from me and intercot) which is about a month away. She is so bad that she had every dinner reservation made the day it was available— I think that with the help of WDW that I've created a monster (but one that I can learn to live with lol). :mickey:

KAJUNKING
08-21-2007, 11:34 AM
ive only got about 25 days till our trip and im already thinking of planing one in '08 is that sad or what!

#1donaldfan
08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
We are the same way......I even find myself looking for hidden Mickey's EVERYWHERE......If I could, I'd just find me a quiet little corner somewhere and just live there......do you suppose I could rent Mickey's house in Toon Town ??? I'd even stay in the HM, you know they always say, there's room for one more happy haunt......

boobalk
08-22-2007, 02:24 PM
:ditto: We ALL know how you feel! As many time as we've been, I am always thinking and planning our next journey, and always playing back our previous journey in my mind. And when I need my Disney "fix", I turn to my Disneyworld CDs, my vacation DVDs (old or new), my XM radio, my Live 365 on computer, or my personal fave..."MY FELLOW INTERCOTERS"! This way, I'm never too far away from WDW. :thumbsup:

wedway76
08-22-2007, 05:14 PM
We’ve gone every year since 2000, however we haven’t gone since Memorial Day weekend 2006, and have been having MAJOR withdrawals.

My wife has been “Disney’d out” and wanted to take a break. We probably won’t have the opportunity to go until next summer… that will be over 2 years between trips! I may wind up in a psycho ward by then!

In order to help keep myself sane I watch family Disney videos, and vacation planning videos about once a week. I also like to go on the WDW site and plan trips that I have no intention to go on.

I admit it, I’m a very sick person.

teambricker04
08-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I could never be done planning a trip to Disney! We are going in November and I am already thinking about when we can go next!

LoriMistress
08-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I have only been home for about a week from my first WDW vacation. Thinking of the MK makes me so happy!:cloud9: I was so impressed with everything. What i would do right now to be strolling on Main St. or riding Splash! Love it!:mickey:

No matter how many times, you're never ready to leave and always pine for it for more. I have 107 more days and I'm pining to be at WDW.