PDA

View Full Version : Walk around the World Bricks!

mdearmas
08-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Is it true they started selling them again? If so does anyone have any idea how much they are selling for? Any Info would be much appreciated.
:goofy:

Bobby T
08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I have not heard of them starting to sell them again, but when they were on sale, they were $100 for a 10 year term.

PirateLover
08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Where did you get this info from? This is highly unlikely, but they certainly seem to be more popular then the Leave A Legacy tiles, esp with the Intercot crowd. I'm sure they would make money if they reinstated the program...

Tick-Tock
08-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Check this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=113044).

Bobby T
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Interesting...I'm sure this is a surprise for many people including myself.

Have to say, it's not like the Mouse to not advertise something which would sell so easily.

DizneyRox
08-18-2007, 07:53 AM
At $300 a pop, I don't think they will sell so easily. I think it's more about filling some unused space than anything else, HOWEVER I will say that my brick replaced someone elses. So, maybe they are looking to reissue.

Also, the paperwork specifically states that the Walk Around the World is no longer available, but then goes on to give details about getting a brick. It's somewhat confusing. They have also been selling these for some time now this is not new news.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-18-2007, 11:50 AM
We received our brick from family for our wedding in 1996.
We haven't checked on it in a year or two. I guess we will have to next month. Ours is down the walkway towards the GF.

dumbo ears
08-18-2007, 12:03 PM
well i haven;t heard anything so its prolly ust a rumor but if they are id love to buy one.

jedigrrrl
09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
WHAT?!?!? they're replacing old bricks with new ones?!?!? Mine has a prime location under a tree near the entrance to the monorail in MK.

It's 13 years old.

I'd be so sad.:confused::(

#1donaldfan
09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
I've often wondered about them, but never asked......I would really like to get one....did I miss a definate answer to the question..."are they bringing the chance to purchase them back"

berri_boo
09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Here is an email I received from WDW guest relations regarding the above question:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We truly appreciate your interest in Disney's Walk Around the World at
the Magic Kingdom® Resort Area, and apologize that the offer to sponsor
a new path stones is no longer available. On occasion, we have extended
the courtesy of replacing damaged path stones for Guests.

We hope this information is helpful, and look forward to future
opportunities to entertain you at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Sincerely,

Eric Davidson
Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort

DizneyRox
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Here is an email I received from WDW guest relations regarding the above question:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We truly appreciate your interest in Disney's Walk Around the World at
the Magic Kingdom® Resort Area, and apologize that the offer to sponsor
a new path stones is no longer available. On occasion, we have extended
the courtesy of replacing damaged path stones for Guests.

We hope this information is helpful, and look forward to future
opportunities to entertain you at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Sincerely,

Eric Davidson
Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort
Very strange indeed. Considering the check I wrote out was for $295 and was made out to WDW if I remember correctly.

What's even stranger is the certificate I got in the mail shortly after with my brick number and location.

WHAT?!?!? they're replacing old bricks with new ones?!?!? Mine has a prime location under a tree near the entrance to the monorail in MK.

It's 13 years old.

I'd be so sad.:confused::(
Well, I didn't replace yours, that's for sure. I'm not near monorail station at MK.

WinnieThePooh
09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
We just got back from WDW and re-found our brick we purchased in 1995. It was moved a couple of years ago during some construction. I know we spent right around a hundred dollars for it then. It is very close to the beginning of the walkway to the resort buses almost under the mononrail. I remember signing a contract that stated it could be removed after 10 years.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-26-2007, 07:36 PM
We found ours from our honeymoon in 1996 last week too. It is WAY down the beach towards the GF. It is really quite a walk..lol. ;)

Here is a pic of how it looks this long out.

Some of them down there were in really bad shape due to a low spot in the walkway. Water has settled on them and they look terrible. We are lucky ours is down from that area.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d707b3127ccebc9544cb729e00000026108Act2bly4btb