PDA

View Full Version : Leaving a Legacy? Question

LoriMistress
08-16-2007, 10:22 PM
I believe that's what it's called. I wanted to suprise my DH for maybe a late b-day gift to leave a legacy brick at MK. I'm not sure if they still have it. I've tried doing a search on here with no luck. Could someone please point me to the right direction or give some info. regarding it.

Thank you.

teambricker04
08-16-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't think they are doing bricks at MK anymore, but you can do a little square at Epcot. They are fairly inexpensive -- $30 or so. They are on the monuments at the enterance of Epcot. You can choose to do a picture or just a note, but they do have some rules like no memorials.

We did one and it turned out really nice.

E-OR
08-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I just pulled out the informatin as to where our leave a legacy was at in EPCOT so we can find it in September when we go. We always want to look for it when there but can never remember where it is. We had our two boys picture on a brick. Contact them at: EPCOT, Leave A Gegacy, PO Box 1000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000. It was $25.00 and well worth it.

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks!

DizneyRox
08-17-2007, 07:32 AM
I thought Leave a Legacy was discontinued. OR it will be soon.

Leave a Legacy are the tiles at EPCOT. This may no longer be an option.

Walk Around the World are the bricks around the Seven Seas Lagoon. Currently the bricks ARE for sale, but they are not advertised. Price last I checked was close to $300 per brick, locations available were near MK and near the Poly.

Contact [email protected] and ask about them. Be persistent, it might take a bit.

DizNee143
08-17-2007, 11:56 AM
leave a legacy stopped on i believe it was june 17th!! it stinks and i think disney was really stupid for stopping it but ya..maybe they will bring it back...but i doubt it...

Rodders
08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Did they get low on space? Maybe they didn't want to erect any more of the blocks that the legacies were mounted on?

January-2007
08-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Walk Around the World are the bricks around the Seven Seas Lagoon. Currently the bricks ARE for sale, but they are not advertised. Price last I checked was close to $300 per brick, locations available were near MK and near the Poly.

Contact [email protected] and ask about them. Be persistent, it might take a bit.

Really? I've always wanted one...

Jakk
08-17-2007, 05:37 PM
The "Leave a Legacey" monoliths have currently dis-countinued. The plans that I'm hearing right now is that Siemens has orderd Disney to relocate the LaL monoliths to restore the past beauty of Epcot. The monoliths will be moved to a diffrent area of the park so people who already purchased one will still be able to locate there's and see them..

Tick-Tock
08-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Did they get low on space? Maybe they didn't want to erect any more of the blocks that the legacies were mounted on?

No, definitely not that. There was/were tons of space on those monoliths. I'd say, if anything, they weren't selling enough space.

TheRustyScupper
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
1) Sales have been halted.
2) Fortunately, those tombstones are being moved!
3) Also, fortunately, to a more obscure part of the park.

Gator
08-17-2007, 10:11 PM
1) Sales have been halted.
2) Fortunately, those tombstones are being moved!
3) Also, fortunately, to a more obscure part of the park.

I wouldn't call it "Fortunatly." I thought they looked cool from the first time I walked into Epcot. Like from a SciFi movie, it PERFECTLY fit into Future World. I'm guessing you never spent the $30 to have your picture mounted; that's why you don't like them. I think that it's cool that I can now take my kids to Epcot and show them my picture, a Permanent part of WDW. I hope they don't move them. I would be very upset.

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Maybe I can persuade DH and I to get that when we go.

DisneyKim22
08-17-2007, 11:34 PM
. The plans that I'm hearing right now is that Siemens has orderd Disney to relocate the LaL monoliths to restore the past beauty of Epcot.

Siemens ORDERED Disney to do something? Do they have that power?

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2007, 01:12 AM

1) Absolutely.
2) They want THEIR exhibit to be classy.
3) Tombstones do not portray a corporate image upon entering.
4) If that were your exhibit, you could name terms.
5) The tile purchase agreement said it could be moved elsewhere.
6) Tiles just can't be destroyed for a period of time.
7) I personally think it RUNIED a great view when we entered the park.
8) I have no problem with the tiles.
9) I have a problem with the stones and their placement.

NOTE: For millions per year for operations and millions for rehab, you betcha they have the power. Especially, since AT&T bailed and Disney was in desperate need of a new sponsor.

Grizz16
08-18-2007, 01:25 AM
1) Absolutely.
2) They want THEIR exhibit to be classy.
3) Tombstones do not portray a corporate image upon entering.
4) If that were your exhibit, you could name terms.
5) The tile purchase agreement said it could be moved elsewhere.
6) Tiles just can't be destroyed for a period of time.
7) I personally think it RUNIED a great view when we entered the park.
8) I have no problem with the tiles.
9) I have a problem with the stones and their placement.

NOTE: For millions per year for operations and millions for rehab, you betcha they have the power. Especially, since AT&T bailed and Disney was in desperate need of a new sponsor.
I was thinking that the wand removal was more Siemens' idea than Disney's. I'm glad the rocks are being moved too. What part of the park are they going to?

Jakk
08-18-2007, 02:58 AM
I wouldn't call it "Fortunatly." I thought they looked cool from the first time I walked into Epcot. Like from a SciFi movie, it PERFECTLY fit into Future World. I'm guessing you never spent the $30 to have your picture mounted; that's why you don't like them

Well personally I felt that the monoliths presented a "graveyard" like feel. Like there was some nuclear bomb in the future and the monoliths where everyone was buried. I don't to me it looked like a bleak future, not very exciting..lol. But really I think the monoliths took away of the past beauty of SSE, plus without the tombstones there'll be better traffic flow and more green!

Of course! Like what TheRustyScupper said Siemens is paying BIG bucks for being a sponcer. If Disney says no to some of there demands (of course not ridiculous demands) Siemens could pontentially drop out and then Disney would have to USE THERE money for rehabing and mantience. Siemens wants there product to be repsented good so that starts by removing the wand (which Siemens ordered Disney to demolish the wand) and soon to be the relocation of the LaL monoliths. So yes, if Disney want a sponcer then Siemens can order them to do anything...

I was thinking that the wand removal was more Siemens' idea than Disney's.

Yup! Like I said if it wasn't for Siemens demand for the wand removal it would still be up there (for god knows how long..lol)!

I'm glad the rocks are being moved too. What part of the park are they going to?

What I'm hearing is somwhere in FutureWorld, as to specificaly where I have heard of a few intersting places though...

mrsgaribaldi
09-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I like them. The first thing we do is go and look at our picture, everytime;)
They don't remind me of tombstones at all:mickey:

crltkcagle
09-23-2007, 11:11 PM
so are the still doing it or not? there are conflicting answers in this post. if so do you have to do it while in wdw or can you do it from home? i would love to do it and yes when i was there last week there was lots and lots of room left.

kakn7294
09-23-2007, 11:50 PM
I never thought they looked like tombstones. I like the tiles and I like looking at my tile whenever we go - it makes me feel like a little bit of myself is always at WDW even when I'm not. I also don't think the gardens that were there before the monoliths were erected were all that spectacular - there was nothing special about them. I didn't realize that the pavers were still available or I would have inquired about one of those when we were there in August - I guess it's something to keep in mind for the future.

SurferStitch
09-24-2007, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't call it "Fortunatly." I thought they looked cool from the first time I walked into Epcot. Like from a SciFi movie, it PERFECTLY fit into Future World. I'm guessing you never spent the $30 to have your picture mounted; that's why you don't like them. I think that it's cool that I can now take my kids to Epcot and show them my picture, a Permanent part of WDW. I hope they don't move them. I would be very upset.

I have to agree.

I think they look great in the pics we've had taken in front of SE. They angle in toward the sphere quite nicely. I also think they fit into the future theme of the area. I don't get the tombstone idea at all....I've never seen a tombstone that looked like that. I think they look very powerful. DH and I love to look at our two tiles every single time we go to WDW.

I'd hate to see them moved.