PDA

View Full Version : Kona Coffee at Poly

omearac
08-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I've been dying to taste the Kona coffee at Poly, but I think it is rather expensive. Has anyone tasted it? I love starbucks and don't mind paying a little extra for good coffee, but I wonder if it tastes any different than your basic folgers.

Any opinions?:D

TINKERBELL_82
08-16-2007, 09:15 PM
It was...okay. Not bad, but not worth the $$$ IMHO.

The regular coffee at Kona was a "Kona Blend" and it was pretty good!

omearac
08-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks. I just saw that the 100% Kona was $6.99 a cup and the blend was only $2.50. I'll probably try the 100% once just so I won't always wonder.

I see that you're going tomorrow - have a great time! Happy birthday Erika!!

26 days to go :party:

brad192
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I drink nothing but 100% Kona at home, and love every drop.:tasty: Yes, it's a bit expensive to buy, but to me it's worth it. Kona has a very unique flavor, as it's grown in volcanic soil & picks up some of that "volcano flavor", for lack of a better term.

As for $6.99 a cup......well, for the price of 2 cups at the Poly I can get 12oz. of beans at my local store. Seems a bit pricey to me.:unsure:

TINKERBELL_82
08-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks. I just saw that the 100% Kona was $6.99 a cup and the blend was only $2.50. I'll probably try the 100% once just so I won't always wonder.

I see that you're going tomorrow - have a great time! Happy birthday Erika!!

26 days to go :party:

Aww, thanks!! And good for you for trying the 100%!! Who knows- it may be the best darn coffee you ever had!! :)

TheRustyScupper
08-18-2007, 01:39 AM
1) We enjoy blended Kona coffee.
2) At the Poly or even when in Hawaii.
3) Pure Kona coffee is good, but too strong for us.

NOTE: I do not pass judgment on 100% Kona coffee. It is strictly a matter of taste. I like my Scotch straight, others don't even like Scotch.

Clotho
08-18-2007, 02:33 AM
For the record, Starbucks is far from gourmet coffee. I mean, it may be in some cities, but not in the world. Keep trying new coffees in other cities and countries and you'll see what I mean. As a Seattlite with a coffee-loving populace all around me, who fancy gourmet coffees, trust me on this!! :)

Anyone know who grows/roasts the beans for the Poly? Beans are one thing (Kona is yummy, it's true), but roasting is the important intermediate step!