PDA

View Full Version : need your opnions please

crltkcagle
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM
where are the good counter service locations throughout the different parks that use the dining plan? we haven't been to wdw in 10 years and i have no clue where to eat. I am bringing my dh, my three young ds and my parents. any suggestions for good food?thanks

mickeys_princess_mom
08-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!!! Some of our fave counter services are in the Magic Kingdom....We love the hot dogs at Caseys, especially around paradetime....Columbia Harbor House has great chicken and fish, and Cosmic Ray's has wonderful rotisserie chicken for a "home-cooked meal" taste that's a welcome change from the burger scene. I also enjoy the chicken wraps at Pecos Bill's. Have fun with the planning, and let us know what we can do to help! :wave:

crltkcagle
08-16-2007, 09:23 PM
looking at the menus it seems as if it is mostly burger and fries at the counter locations. anything different out there that is good?

IloveDisney71
08-16-2007, 10:08 PM
At the AK my family enjoys The Tusker House and Flame Tree BBQ. The Tusker House is undergoing rehab to change it into a buffet, so I don't know if they will still have the chicken we love. The Flame Tree has some yummy BBQ items.

jsdt
08-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree with the recommendation of Flame Tree BBQ at AK. At MK if you want something other than Burgers, you can try Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe for chinese food. At MGM the ABC Commissary has fish & chips, wraps & cuban sandwiches - different than burgers & hot dogs but personally not the best food. At EPCOT if you want to stay in Future World I would recommend Sunshine Seasons (the food court in the Land) as there are lots of options.

Tink#64
08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Our fav's are:

Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrow land - love the wraps!

Sci Fi - my fav is the chicken - I think it's barbq

Cantina de San Angel - WS- Quick Mexican !

Columbia Harbor House-DH does fish, DS's & I love to eat from the vendor cart behind it, we buy fresh fruit, baked potatoes, etc!

Electric Umbrella -FW-chicken caesar salad

We like to try new places, but these are some fav's we usually do each trip!:eat:

Natazu
08-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Counter Service:
7. Backlot Express
6. Cosmic Ray’s
5. Starring Rolls
4. Cantina de San Angel
3. Earl of Sandwich
2. Cookes of Dublin
1. Tangierine Café

Jym's Top-7 Best Counter Service in the Parks
7. Yorkshire Country Fish Shoppe (Ep)
6. Backlot Express (DS)
5. Casey's Corner (MK)
4. Cantina de San Angel (Ep)
3. Cosmic Ray’s (MK)
2. Starring Rolls (DS)
1. Tangierine Café (Ep)

Honorable mention to Flame Tree BBQ (before anyone gets upset)

sagessa
08-17-2007, 03:47 AM
My favorites are Starring Rolls in MGM, Cooke's of Dublin at DTD and Cantina de San Angel in Epcot.

Starring Rolls has great sandwiches and desserts. Cooke's has wonderful fried scallops (not very good for you, but hey, you're on vacation). San Angel is just good, fast Mexican food. :tasty:

Rachel R.

septembergirl
08-17-2007, 12:29 PM
We have not been to AK yet but I can recommend

Colombia Harbor House at MK - I avoid the fried stuff and go for the soup and sandwich :tasty: and head upstairs

Pizza Planet at MGM - I am not a pizza person but this was a decent meal including a salad and vegetables on the pizza. Again, go upstairs and relax while the kids run around the arcade.

Eat around the World (Showcase, that is) - Something fun and delicious to do is get a little something from each of the CS in the WS. DH loved that place in Germany :thumbsup:. All around Epcot has more options than the others which feature something more than burgers and dogs. (Of course, they have those too.)