PDA

View Full Version : Late November/early December crowds?

Inkdrainer
08-16-2007, 07:12 PM
:mickey: My family is heading to Disney for a 10 day trip, beginning the Monday after Thanksgiving this year. As many times as we've been to Disney, we've never gone during an off-season. Now I just read a trip report from an off-season, and it sounded like the parks were nearly empty! 5-10 minute waits, even for some of the most popular attractions!? I really don't mind waiting in line for anything, no matter how long it is, but I think we are in for a shock come this year? I can't imagine a line being under 20 minutes.

For those of you who have vacationed at this time of year, what were the crowds like?

LoriMistress
08-16-2007, 08:07 PM
The last weak of November/first week of December are not as crowded as Thanksgiving Weekend, but it can still be crowded. The fall/winter season is not as low as it use to be. Pop Warner is there around this time, from 12/1 to 12/8. And the later throughout the weeks, the more you'll notice them. You'll find them extremely annoying if you're staying at either POR, POFQ, AS Sports, and ASMo. As long as you get to the parks early and ride your favorite must do's first, and made your ADRs in advance, then you should be okay.

princessM0m
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
We were there last year during the first week in December, during (but not for) Pop Warner. We stayed at SSP--it was not crowded at all. We visited each park and the crowds were very manageable. During EMH and MVMCP at the MK, we had no more that a 5 minute wait for POTC and HM, and no more than 20 min for SM, BTMRR, and SM. We got to EPCOT early and got a fp for Soarin, and had to wait only an hour or so. We did try TT later in the day but the wait was almost an hour--I think they were having problems. Didn't try MS. MGM lines were no more than 20 min at ToT, but I think RnRC was 40+. AK was not overly crowded, but we didn't try to ride the Safari ride. We got fp for EE so I don't know what that line was like. Walked onto Kali. We didn't notice a lot of the Pop Warner kids around, either. It was a great time to go.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-17-2007, 09:39 PM
We were there the beginning of Dec 2005 and the lines were very managable. We usually go during the summer so this was a very pleasant surprise.

scootch713
08-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I would say the parks are as you described... early in the day... and late(last hour) before closing. From about 11am on... there are waits.... monday-thursday... most waits are 20 min or less. This week is becoming much more popular than it has in the past. That friday/sat/sunday is usually when they tape the christmas parade, so many more locals come in for that. They give free admission to those who sign up to help with the taping. The tape each scene in segments.. over and over... so not a real fun thing to do if you are just visiting once a year... that is why more locals usually participate in the filming.

FalconeNJ
08-18-2007, 10:05 AM
My wife and I go every second week in December for the past 4 years and the lines are very small compared to all other times we've went. Its a great time to go especially if your a Christmas season junky like we are .:snowman::ornament::santa3::tree::elf::deer:

Jeri Lynn
08-18-2007, 10:45 AM
I have been at this time of the year a few times.

The crowds are lighter than the summer months but it is becoming a popular time to go.

That being said, we've never had more than a 5-10 minute wait for most rides...however, the popular newer rides like Soarin' and Expedition Everest usually have a longer wait.

Bluesky481
08-18-2007, 10:57 AM
My husband and I were just there during the first week of December last year. The waits weren't too terrible (however we experienced lower crowds when we went the 1st week of May in 2004) There were times during the middle of the day in Epcot when Soarin' had a 90 minute wait. My best advice is to take full advantage of Fast Passes for the larger attractions.

We also found the EMH's, both am and pm, to be of benefit. We got to ride EE 4 times during the am EMH in AK...in the front car 2 of those times to boot! :D After Wishes in the MK one evening (During EMH), many of the Fantasyland rides (Peter Pan, Winnie-the-Pooh, etc.) were walk on! If you're used to summer crowds, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Make sure to bring all kinds of clothing, I was quite surprised at how chilly the evenings became once the sun went down and the winds picked up...and I'm from northern IN!

Above all, have a great time!!;)

AllDisney
08-18-2007, 11:25 AM
We were there last Dec.1-8th, 2006 and the crowds were not bad at all. Really did not notice the Pop Warner participants until later in the day when we'd notice small (5/6) kids with an adult in the parks.

We rode EE first thing after getting a fast pass. We returned a few hours later and used the fast pass when the wait was 90 minutes. Do take advantage of the fast pass when you can.

Soarin' was a 20 minute wait at 10:00 AM, but later in the day,around 5:00 PM, the wait was 120 minutes.

It really depends on the times you get there and the level of the crowds. We would like to go back again this time of year because the weather was nice and the Christmas decorations should not be missed.