PDA

View Full Version : My rate has been changed at Ft. Wilderness!!

Woozles Gram
08-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Hello all!! My question is actualy for a friend of mine. they made their ressie for Ft. Wilderness last March, for the dates Feb 12-Feb24, 2008.....they charged them $63.00 deposit anticipating that would be their rate at check in, because they would be coming in at value season. The confirmation papers came the other day, and my friends were :ill: sick when they opened it!! They are being charged different rates for each part of their stay!! :mad: :confused: We are all a bit confused about this, and there was NO explaination in with the confirmation. Some nights are $90, some $88 and others $91 plus taxes, which brings their total to a whopping $1,100 or so!! :( Can somone help with an explaination? The worst is, if they try to change their dates now, and stay less time, from what I understand the ressie will be cancelled totally and they have to start over....which means they may not have anything available now............because.....as you can all guess it is the week of the dreaded Winter Break!! Help Please!!! thanks :D

Tink1
08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Any reservation made prior to the release of the official 2008 rates is subject to change. As you said "charged them $63.00 deposit anticipating " that would be the rate, but until they actually release the rates, it is a guess.

Disney has gone to date specific pricing for 2008. That means that high demand nights will cost more. (Kind of like airfare is cheaper for red-eyes than day flights since more people want day flights.)

They should be able to drop un-needed or un-wanted nights however. If they do drop nights, make sure they are Postive they wont change their mind, they will not get them back.

Nanc

garthbarth1
08-16-2007, 06:46 PM
From my understanding you are not guranteed your rate at the time of booking
unless you pay in full at that time. On the back of my invoice/confirmation from my initial deposit it says this- RATES: "All rates are in US dollars and are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, rate is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges of governmental authorities" We are just about 45 days out, and just paid for the rest of our trip in full. I was nervous that maybe the rates changed for us (We are going Sept.26-30 and staying at the Contmeporary) If we would have paid in full at the time of the booking, I would have been a lot less nervous. Now I am not sure about the booking for 2008 rates HTH :)

AZ Disney
08-16-2007, 07:02 PM
I understand rates would not be guaranteed for 2008, but how would someone get a $63 a night rate at a Deluxe resort? I made our ressie for January and it's $92 at Pop for room only. I recently cancelled that, once packages were opened up and I'm leaving all the discount hunting Wendy at MJ. Still not sure how you'd get $63 per night.
Thanks.

Tink1
08-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I understand rates would not be guaranteed for 2008, but how would someone get a $63 a night rate at a Deluxe resort? I made our ressie for January and it's $92 at Pop for room only. I recently cancelled that, once packages were opened up and I'm leaving all the discount hunting Wendy at MJ. Still not sure how you'd get $63 per night.
Thanks.

It was not a deluxe resort, it was a campground site. (but the sites are really nice!)

Nan

AZ Disney
08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Duh, totally missed the Ft. part. I guess I was just hoping for some way of getting such a spectacular rate.
Have a nice evening.

garthbarth1
08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Duh, totally missed the Ft. part. I guess I was just hoping for some way of getting such a spectacular rate.
Have a nice evening.
I totally was thinking the same thing!! I thought that was a GREAT rate for a deluxe room....I must have been thinking about a different resort!! Glad I am straighted out now!

Woozles Gram
08-18-2007, 11:14 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the replies to this one!! I get it now, but it just seems like such high rates...............considering when you stay at Fort Wilderness Camp grounds (not the lodge), you are very much like a turtle......you kinda carry your own home on your back, so to speak!! But, I guess Disney has it reasons! I looked at the chart for Ft. wilderness on the DisneyWorld site.......anyone know what the "pre-holiday" rate means??
I feel bad with these rates going so high, it is getting so that the people with large families and tight budgets who own campers are not getting very affordable rates for bringing their rooms with them! :sad: