PDA

View Full Version : Which Moderate would you choose?

lebo
08-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I desperatley need some help here. We have always, always stayed at Value Resorts in the past. Now we the discounts, we will probably be switching to Moderate. What is everyone's honest opinion on which is the best.

mttafire
08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Sadly i dont have alot of time to explain why but....POFQ. IMHO, Is THE best Mod.:thumbsup:

AllDisney
08-16-2007, 05:29 PM
We like Caribbean Beach.

GreenBeetle
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
POFQ!! The main reason is the size - it's very small which means no long walks to anything! No matter which building you are in, you are close to the pool, food court, bus stop and boat dock. It's also quite beautiful there - very cozy feeling. Then there is the pool. If you have children (actually, even if you don't), the sea serpent slide is great!

BronxTigger
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
I have heard good and bad things about all the moderates. I have not stayed at any of them (yet). This Saturday I am checking into the Caribbean Beach Resort. I chose this one because I like the theming.

The amenities do vary slightly from resort to resort, but they all have a water slide at the pool, the rooms all have a mini-fridge, and they all use only buses (with the exception of the PO resorts to DTD with a boat option.)

My advice to you would be to look at the themes of each, as well as the amenities, and choose from there.

jsdt
08-16-2007, 06:30 PM
We liked Coronado Springs. It has a really nice main pool, the food court is good and if you are lucky you can see alligators under the main bridge. It's real huge so getting a room close to the pool or close to the main lobby is important.:mickey:

MS_mom_1965
08-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I had PO-FQ reserved before the discount rates came out, then I had to change. So I'm thinking PO-FQ may not be available with the discounts. I moved my reservation to Coronado Springs.

DISFREAKS
08-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Carribean Beach for us

buzznwoodysmom
08-16-2007, 08:05 PM
I am not sure what your dates are, but today I called to check the discounts and the only resort abvailable for my time period was Coronado Springs. That was the only resort available at all, I asked about the deluxes as well and those were unavailable with the discount. We have a crew going and all 4 families called today and we all got Coronado Springs so you may want to call soon and just see what is available. I'd hate for them to book up all the rooms while you contimplate what you want. Good luck!!!

scoot241
08-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I just conducted a poll on this very question. POR is in the lead.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=112601

steamboat willy
08-16-2007, 10:13 PM
We also stay in value value value, BUT we have stayed or ate in all the moderate at least once or more. So here's our info.

1. CB is very colorful, but quite a hike to pools and food.

2. CS has great adminities, beautiful pool, but is more of a convention center.

1.1.1. I also agree with POFQ. Great Pool, Great Food and Great walking distance to all of the above, Not to mention a neat boat ride to DTD and Pleasure Island.

Here we go again...
08-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Another vote for Caribbean Beach. :thumbsup:

poohluva
08-17-2007, 12:43 PM
We stayed at Carriben Beach on our honeymoon, and are going back next April with the kids, I can't wait. It will be the first time for the kids at a moderate, we chose this one because we've been there and we really like the theming.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
CBR!!! Beautiful grounds, great theming, and our room was bright and clean.

POR was pretty bad both times we stayed there (Parterre Place), and we will never stay there again. Dirty, musty, dark, stagnant rooms both times. Some CM's were rude, and the rest just seemed too lazy to want to help when we needed it.

WDWgoofy
08-17-2007, 01:09 PM
CBR is my favorite!

MickeysGirl
08-17-2007, 01:49 PM
We have stayed at Carribean Beach, PO Riverside and PO French Quarter, and although we have wonderful experiences at each, PO Riverside is still our favorite. The theming and atmosphere of the grounds is just so wonderful! I could stay there again and again!

Good luck getting your discount rates!

Madame Leona
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Between DH and myself, we have stayed at all of the moderates and POFQ is both of our favorites. The small size is a bonus and the food court is really very good. I also like the pool. It never seems to be very crowded. My DH just mentioned he also like the set up of the room. We had a pack and play, stroller and lots of luggage and never felt like we were crowded. There is plenty of room for everything. In the end though, it is Disney and you can't go wrong.

mermaidmarian
08-18-2007, 06:54 AM
We LOVE Port Orleans and prefer RiverSide over the French Quarter because the size of the resort is not an issue for us and we appreciate the increased amenities available at RiverSide, particularly a much bigger (with more variety of choice) food court and quiet pools. Even still, we would choose French Quarter over any of the other moderates. Taken as a whole (RIverside and FrenchQuarter), I think POR is an outstanding value in the Moderate category and has curbed my appetite to spend more money and stay at a Deluxe.

I do think, as I believe someone else said, it is really a subjective thing, and it probably has more to do with what theming and asthetic is most appealing to you. I think you will be very happy with whatever moderate resort you choose.

Donalds Duckie
08-18-2007, 07:48 AM
CBR!!! Love it, love it, love it! I've stayed at CBR many times. It's big, bright, colorful, lots to do, love the beachy feel.

grego77
08-18-2007, 08:46 AM
I DEFINITELY have to say Coronado Springs. It's truly paradise. :cloud9:

Horizon93
08-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I would choose POFQ. They are all great, but I love the look and feel of POFQ. My second choice would probably be CBR.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-19-2007, 12:07 PM
I think it really comes down to your preferences with the theming of the resort.
We were not impressed with CBR, but obviously many people LOVE it.
We loved CSR and POR, but we've heard others complain about how large and spread out they are.

In our opinion it's really hard to make a truly BAD choice. :cloud9:

mousetrapper
08-19-2007, 03:44 PM
CBR is our favorite -- but we've never "sampled" any of the others to do a comparison!

We initially chose CBR because of the theming and never had a reason to want to switch to another moderate resort.

We love the Jamaica building. It's a short walk to the Port Royale main building and pool area and the landscaping et al is beautiful. The CBR food court is nice and the shops have everything we need in the way of souvenirs, sundry items, etc.

I have also heard good things about POFQ and Coronado.

MIMIROX
08-21-2007, 08:57 PM
We love the POFQ resort. :thumbsup:We like the smaller resort and it has a neat pool .We also like the option of being able to walk up to Riverside to eat or shop.Then there is the boat to DD.
POLY in just 3 DAYS...:mickey3::tikki::mickey3:

brownie
08-22-2007, 07:25 AM
I'd pick Port Orleans, either Riverside or French Quarter.

RAIDER
08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Ive been to the CBR and its very peaceful and the themeing beautifully done . The CM are all helpfull and the private pools are a decent size :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
08-22-2007, 08:14 AM
If I had to choose, POFQ. We love the size and theming of this resort. Size I think for us is the most important. There are only about 1000 rooms there. Also you can use any of the amenities at POR as well, since they are sister resorts. So you are getting two resorts for the price of one so to speak.

That said though, you can't go wrong at any of the moderates. As of this October will have stayed at all the moderates.

My order of preference is:
POFQ, POR, CBR and CSR. But that are all pretty closely ranked and I would gladly stay at anyone of them.

Ten of Hearts
08-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Definitely POFQ!

#1donaldfan
08-22-2007, 12:05 PM
POR AB........no question.......it's quiet, very shaded, laid back.......I have a slight jaded opinion as that's the ONLY resort we've EVER used......I guess I love it so much, I just don't want to go to another.....

martinfamily5
08-23-2007, 11:56 AM
POR for us. We love this resort. Lots of extra things to do. Lovely grounds. We just love it.:thumbsup: