PDA

View Full Version : Heat

ShelbyAD
08-16-2007, 05:00 PM
OMG, it has been so HOT here in TN for the past 3 weeks. It has been between 100-107 every day for the past 3 weeks. It has really gotten to me. I have not been feeling well. Light headed, dizzy, tired, queazy. I've been taking stuff for it, but it's not helping. If anyone is thinking it - I am not pregnant (it would take a miracle for that to happen). Just walking from the parking garage into the office building I feel like I'm going to pass out. I am NOT a Summer/Heat person. I guess that's why I live in the South:silly:

I would love to win the lottery, so we can build a "summer home" in Alaska!!! :cloud9:

Cinderelley
08-17-2007, 02:37 AM
Sounds like you're getting dehydrated. If you don't have any health problems, drink more water and gatorade-type drinks. If you do have health problems, ask your doctor how much fluid you should be drinking.

disneydrmr
08-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Sounds like you're getting dehydrated. If you don't have any health problems, drink more water and gatorade-type drinks. If you do have health problems, ask your doctor how much fluid you should be drinking.

What she said! :D Those are symptoms of dehydration and I should know as I've suffered it a few times and have ended up in the ER room from it .. drink that Gatorade! That will hydrate you quick! Or even Pedialyte (it's not just for kids :D) Avoid caffeine as that tends to 'move' liquid from your system quicker...try eating light meals and not anything really heavy (I've been eating a lot of fresh veggies/fruits/salads and cold sandwiches) Hope you feel better quick! If after you drink yourself to floating and you still don't feel better you might wanna go to the doctor...

ShelbyAD
08-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Thank You. I will drink more water. I stayed home from work on Friday. I did feel better - but then again it wasn't as hot and I didn't have to be outside. Today is a different story. But I will bring a bottle of water with me. I am going over a friend's house, so I will so get water there. I have been drinking hot/iced tea.

Cinderelley
08-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Thank You. I will drink more water. I stayed home from work on Friday. I did feel better - but then again it wasn't as hot and I didn't have to be outside. Today is a different story. But I will bring a bottle of water with me. I am going over a friend's house, so I will so get water there. I have been drinking hot/iced tea.

I love tea too, but the caffeine in it can dehydrate you more. Try for herbal teas without caffeine. Also, make sure you drink some gatorade too. When you're sweating, you lose electrolytes along with fluids. You don't have to drink it all the time, but don't drink only water.

ShelbyAD
08-21-2007, 04:45 PM
I've been drinking water & Gatorade - along with Tea & Milk.

The humidity has gone down a bit and I'm feeling better. Today there is a nice strong breeze, which is making it feel cooler.

Cinderelley
08-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-22-2007, 08:14 PM
My first thought was also dehydration. That's not a good feeling! On the other hand, I had the heat on in the car driving to work yesterday and today (only in the morning) because it's so cool. And tomorrow is supposed to go up in the 90's. Yikes! One extreme to the other.
I'm glad you are feeling better. Keep drinking the water or gatorade.

Marilyn Michetti
08-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Hang in there. From what I'm seeing every night on the news, the whole country is getting slammed.

It's got to let up soon. Living in Az., I'm always thankful to see Labor day as opposed to Memorial day. Means fall is on the way.

Drink, drink, and drink. Above all "stay cool".:fan:

Cinderelley
08-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Drink, drink, and drink.

What exactly is she supposed to "drink, drink and drink"? hee-hee-hee :beer::marg::beer:

murphy1
08-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Stay inside too!!! It is hotter here in GA than FLorida, I hate it!!

IloveJack
08-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Stay inside too!!! It is hotter here in GA than FLorida, I hate it!!

No kidding! I thought I was hot in WDW in the middle of July. Nothing compared to today in TN. The high's 104, with a heat index of 110. Definitely setting a record today! They're closing schools all over due to the heat.

ShelbyAD
08-24-2007, 08:39 AM
I am feeling better - Thank You. Trying to stay cool. Now I don't mind going to work b/c it is cooler here than at home. DH keeps the A/C set to 78, I prefer 76 or 75. I'd rather pay a little more on the electric bill and be comfortable than to save a couple of dollars and be uncomfortable.

DH has been working on our bathroom - painting, sanding, putting new sub-floor & walls up. So while working in there, he turns the A/C off so the dust & paint doesn't get blown into every room. It gets up to 90 degrees in the house. He stops working on it around 1pm and turns the A/C back on. Of course by the time I get home (4:30pm) it's about 82. I check the thermostat and he has it set to 80, so I crank it down to 75 and it cools down to 78. We don't have a digital thermostat and the house was built in 1982.