PDA

View Full Version : Folklores

ShelbyAD
08-16-2007, 04:24 PM
What Folklores do you believe in?

For example: I believe in the Loch Ness Monster. I don't think it's a monster, but I do believe that there is something in the lake. Just like "Champ" - the "monster" in Lake Champlain.

I do not believe in Aliens/UFOs. Unless one lands in my backyard . . . .

Disneyatic
08-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't know if it is considered a folklore, but I believe in Karma......big time!
I also believe in ghosts. I have never seen one (and don't want to!) but I think they exist somehow.

disneydrmr
08-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I believe in Bigfoot. And I'm with you on the Loch Ness.. there's something in there. I have to believe in ghosts because I have seen one and I've had 'experiences'...

offwego
08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I believe in Bigfoot. And I'm with you on the Loch Ness.. there's something in there. I have to believe in ghosts because I have seen one and I've had 'experiences'...

Experiences?? In terms of folklore or myths I've always found the bermuda triangle interesting.

ShelbyAD
08-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I believe in the Bermuda Triangle also. Don't believe in Ghosts - probably because I've never seen one.

Do you believe a Ouji board will bring bad Omens?

Do you think the Greek Gods (Zeus, Apollo, Hercules, etc) really existed?

PeterPanFan
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I believe in Peter Pan!

PirateLover
08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Well apparently my boyfriend believes in Jackalopes because he put them down for an answer in Scategories the other day, haha. I used to read all sorts of stuff about the Loch Ness monster but I think with today's technology we would've discovered it by now.

I believe that dragons (or something similar) existed at some point.

I believe in ghosts.

ldn324
08-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm a very stubborn skeptic and I don't believe in any folklore or urban legends.

I can remember when I was a kid thinking we had a bigfoot that lived on our property though. Of course, that's just a kid's vivid imagination.

Stuff that lives in the water may be a different story. I've seen those shows on Discovery where they go deeper with cameras than humans can go and there are millions of things living down there we never knew existed. We would have had no way of knowing they were there since no human can go that far down and survive.

I've never seen any proof of many things, so I don't feel comfortable saying I believe in them. Scientific mind here - show it to me for me to believe it.

TheDuckRocks
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I absolutely believe in Karma or the old what goes around comes around theory.
I don't rule out ghosts or spirits, I think Nessie is "something", I think some people can "see" things past or future and I have experienced de javu (sp).
Bigfoot, black cats being unlucky and other stuff...No!

PirateLover
08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I think some people can "see" things past or future and I have experienced de javu !
Definitely. Oh man I actually hate the de javu experience it always freaks me out and it's happened to me a number of times.

Mickey'sGirl
08-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Nessie? -- Yes
Big Foot? -- Yes
Aliens? -- Yes
Ghosts? -- Yes
Dragons? -- I believe they were dinosaurs

Bermuda Triangle? -- Yes
Omens etc? -- Yes (I am extremely superstitious!)
Deja Vu? -- Yes

I read A LOT. Perhaps my imagination has gotten the better of me? :D

bleukarma
08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Definitely. Oh man I actually hate the de javu experience it always freaks me out and it's happened to me a number of times.

Me too...de javu is so weird!!! I hate it when it happens!!!

I believe in karma...it's part of my screen name!!

I also believe in ghosts and Lock Ness monster and aliens.

ShelbyAD
08-18-2007, 08:15 AM
It happens to me ALL the time. You'll walk into a room and you're wearing the same clothes, the same program is on the tv, the other people in the room are carrying on the same conversation. I have to stop and just shake my head. Sometimes it happens more than once. What is this? The Groundhog Day syndrome :crazy:

Heck, from the time I was 13 until my early 20s I would have dreams/nightmares that would come true. It really freaked me out. I would never tell anyone about them, then within a few weeks, they would come true/happen. Tell me that would not freak you out - especially being a teenager.

crazypoohbear
08-19-2007, 08:24 PM
I believe in Jinx's
I believe the Red Sox will win another world series.
I believe that what goes around comes around. ( I just wish I would see it when it happens to some people ;))

Wolf
08-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I believe in Nessie 100% (I bought the long neck Dino that Khol's cause it looked like her) I wrote my ENG 102 final term paper on Loch Ness. I've seen ghosts so yeah I believe in them too. Also superstitious as all get out! *shrugs* different strokes I guess!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I believe the Red Sox will win another world series.

I believe the Yankees are going to. :hands:
(Just some light hearted joking ; )

I totally believe in Karma. I have seen it happen too many times to think otherwise.

All of the other things are a little harder for me to grasp but I do not totally discount them.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Well, I have an alarm system in my house, complete with motion detector and I've "heard" someone walking down the hall. But the alarm didn't go off. Not to mention other unexplained noises.
And I've seen mysterious "things" that I couldn't explain. One of them on Alligator Alley in Florida.
I certainly hope that what goes around, comes around. And I want to be around to see it.
Big Foot? I think I used to date him......

crazypoohbear
08-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Big Foot? I think I used to date him......

:D that was magilla gorilla :D

ShelbyAD
08-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I also believe in "what comes around goes around" and yes, like the rest of you, I would like to see it when it happens. :thumbsup:

I believe in Fate. I believe things happen for a reason.