PDA

View Full Version : where is train station?

like2workout
08-16-2007, 02:43 PM
i've read a couple of times that characters appear at the train station at the magic kingdon. i should know this, but i'm not sure where that is. and where do the characters appear there? thanks!

ariel03
08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I know that you see a few characters at the main rail station in front of the park for the morning opening show and then mickey and minnie appear right inside the park by the flag pole as you enter the park under the railroad tracks for a meet and greet.

Maleficent's Dad
08-16-2007, 03:22 PM
We've also had some good character interaction at the station in Toon Town. :mickey:

ariel03
08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
They do meet and greets at the toontown station?
I though the only place you could meet characters in toontown was at the judges tent.

joanna71985
08-16-2007, 06:52 PM
i've read a couple of times that characters appear at the train station at the magic kingdon. i should know this, but i'm not sure where that is. and where do the characters appear there? thanks!

There are currently no characters in front of the Train Station. All the characters appear in Town Square.

I know that you see a few characters at the main rail station in front of the park for the morning opening show and then mickey and minnie appear right inside the park by the flag pole as you enter the park under the railroad tracks for a meet and greet.

Mickey and Minnie no longer appear in front of the Train Station, as they are in Dream Along with Mickey.

ariel03
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I thought they still where there doing meet and greets in the morning before they do the first stageshow.

Greenlawler
08-16-2007, 07:26 PM

You are taliking about the "teardrop". The teardrop is one of (three as far as I know) the areas in which new Disney character assistants are trained. It is located near the Toon town train station behind the judges tent. It is also a smoking area :confused: People call it the train station because you would only know they were there if you were going to the train. The other two training area I know of are at MGM infront of the Chineese theatre, and at Epcot in between the Japan and America areas. I have seen some great rare characters at these places.

joanna71985
08-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought they still where there doing meet and greets in the morning before they do the first stageshow.

Not with Mickey and Minnie. The only characters in Town Square are a variation of: Chip and Dale, Horace and Clarabelle, Daisy, Pluto, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Fowlfellow, and Gideon.

like2workout
08-17-2007, 08:36 AM
hey greenlawler, which rare characters have you seen out at those places, and have you seen any of them recently? thanks!

joanna71985
08-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm not greenlawler, but here are my favorites from the areas:
*Kronk
*Clara Cluck
*Strombolli
*Marie
*Prince John
*Sheriff
*Rabbit

Greenlawler
08-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey Joanna hit most of them but it seems we see Maleficent, Penguins, Smee, Gephetto, Big Al, Prince John, Meeko, King Louie, Gideon, and Jafar most often.
I have heard rumors of an appearance by the Rescuers lately, but Joanna can probalbly dis-confirm this as it was just something I read on another board but Joanna seems to know her stuff and she mentioned most of the ones we see at the training area most often.
Its a real dangerous game to wait near those area as we have learned the hard way. Its best if you just leave it to chance. Last time we were there we hit the MGM training area while they were "in business". But we never caught the "Teardrop" active or the area in Epcot. We are such character fans we check these areas all day. Last time we hit Epcot was probably in 05 we found Big Al, Meeko, Friar Tuck and I think Timon. Last year at MGM we hit Penguins, Gephetto, King Louie, and Meeko. But we caught a bad tip from an employee who told us to check the teardrop one day between 1:00 and 4:00 he said he was positive they would be there, since we are character fanatics and we were on our last day with little else to do we bit. No one came out.
It was not that bad as my kids spent the time playing at the nearby Donald boat. The silver linning is that an employee asked us who we were waitiing for I explained that someone had told us to check here and that we had beeen there waiting for three hours and he asked us "who do your really want to see?" We told him Sherrif of Nottingham and this amazing mananger hooked us up with a private meet and greet. I know this is unusual and I hesitate to even tell the story, but I scored major brownie points with my son. I think this is beyond unusual the manager just felt bad for us waiting there. Those three hours were well worth it to us as the sherrif was our "Holy Grail", becuase my oldest son loves the Robin Hodd movie.

Greenlawler
08-18-2007, 01:45 AM
The best place we have ever found rare characters was back in 05 when many MGM characters would come out near the entrance around 1;00 they no longer do this:( but we found Kuzco as a llama, Herc, Phil, and Meg, most of the Alice crew Mulan, Pocohantus, and Penguins. MGM in my opinion is still the best place to find oddities especialy after the afternoon parade. I think around 4:00 and 5:00During the day near the hat too. I know thats where some have found Clara Cluck, Clarice, and Marie.

Maleficent's Dad
08-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Hey Joanna hit most of them but it seems we see Maleficent, Penguins, Smee, Gephetto, Big Al, Prince John, Meeko, King Louie, Gideon, and Jafar most often.
Maleficent?!?!?!? You've really seen her here?
How recently????

Greenlawler
08-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Maleficent is somewhat rare but can be found every year at the MNSSHP, In fact of our last 10 or so Disney trips we see her more often than we don't. At the MNSSHP after the Villans castle show she will come down for pictures, not autographs. Just watch where she goes after one show then come back and stand where her line begins for the next show. She has been a part of the stage show every year since 04.
I have also seen her after the cars parade at MGM but rarely, and we saw her at the front of the park back in 04.
She will occasionaly be one of the "training area" character. Seems to me she is out more in the fall becuase she is getting ready for MNSSHP.

emmetlovesmaleficent
06-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Not with Mickey and Minnie. The only characters in Town Square are a variation of: Chip and Dale, Horace and Clarabelle, Daisy, Pluto, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Fowlfellow, and Gideon.

You forgot Baloo and King Louie!:thumbsup:

joanna71985
06-21-2008, 08:23 PM
You forgot Baloo and King Louie!:thumbsup:

No. Baloo and King Louie do not meet in Town Square, and haven't for a couple of years now. The only place they meet together is Tamu at AK.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Maleficent?!?!?!? You've really seen her here?
How recently????

I saw Maleficent at the Teardrop St. Patty's Day 2007. That was the only time I did.

I knew she was going to be there though because it was a personal invitation from her.

jpH/keD
06-22-2008, 05:19 PM
We saw Jiminy Cricket in Nov 07 near the
train station! We loved seeing him! My DD7 had just finished her visit to the BBB and she
was all made up for her pic w/ Jiminy! :thumbsup: He was on our list to find
and we had missed him at AK so we were
thrilled to just find him on the fly!