PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at WDW RIGHT NOW??? OR did you just get back?

AtoZgirl
08-16-2007, 01:07 PM
How is the heat and crowds doing?

I'll be joining you in 2 days :cloud9:

brewcrew26
08-16-2007, 01:22 PM
My fiance's aunt and uncle just got back last Wednesday from staying at the Boardwalk and going on a DCL trip.

They said it was unbearable and had to go back to the hotel in between the day to rest. They also had problems with their cameras getting all foggy from going between the air conditioning and the humidity. It messed up most of their pictures!

And my aunt-to-be is a huge scrapbooking fan! So, she's heartbroken!

tink2006
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
We just got back Sunday. the crowds, temperatures and tempers were all higher than normal this year. We have been going the first/second week in August for several years now. I know we must be crazy to pick the hottest time of year but it is what fits in our schedule. We have always taken an afternoon break - we definitley needed it this year. Also, the evening EMH were extremely crowded. We are not morning people so we did not fdo the early EMH. My DS14 made the comment that WDW guests weren't as friendly as in years past. I think it was because it was 100º the whole time we were there.

All that said.....we had a wonderful time! You just have to relax and take it all in stride.

Hope you have a great time!

johnO
08-16-2007, 03:21 PM
We leave for WDW in 26 Days! :number1:

Dorito2000
08-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, it's been a lot busier than usual the past couple weeks. Even WITH the temperatures. In fact, the crouds have been so strange that here at the studios, we've expanded the hours to 10pm from 8/13 till tomorrow (8/17) and added an additional Fantasmic showing. Very odd. I'm guessing it's because the kids go back to school here sometime next week (i think) so people are cramming in the fun time before its back to business.

~Nick

LoriMistress
08-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, free DDP has made the parks more crowded. With the parks being extremely hot, humid, and crowded, it can make any happy person crabby. Just remember to hit the parks in the morning, take breaks at the resort around late morning/early afternoon, arrive back around 5pm for the parks, and avoid EMH.

mouseaddict
08-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I am here right now..and it is hot. As you may have noticed..I live here in Florida and still find it stifling. Crowds are heavy..and apparently there is some meet this weekend. A friend of ours came down for a few days and wanted to stay extra but was told most on site properties are booked solid.
Good news is you will be at Disney and there is lots to do. We have managed to handle the heat with lots of trrips back to the pools (water is warm and not very refreshing). lots of am EMH and we have been driving to the parks since we have little ones.
Have a ball...

garymacd
08-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Not there, yet. 31 days to go!

PAMOUSELOVER
08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
:thumbsup:Free dinning does not start till the 26th.

All CM's reading this, please tell all guest to leave WDW before the 26th.
WARN THEM PAMOUSELOVER IS COMING!:D

jkj1224
08-17-2007, 10:39 PM
it has been very hot the last two weeks or so, in the upper 90's with heat index of well over 100 and minimal rain, but the weather forecast for the next week has it cooling slightly into the lower to mid 90s which is more usual.

mikeymcclain
08-18-2007, 09:46 AM
We just got back to Michigan on Tuesday. It was VERY hot- especially during our day at Animal Kingdom. We took washtowels and get them wet in the drinking fountains and used them to cool off.
There are plenty of places to cool off in the parks....so it all depends on your attitude. We had an absolute blast even in the heat.
A bad day at Disney is better than a good day ANYWHERE ELSE! Hehehhe

julyjewel
08-18-2007, 10:04 AM
We just got back last Saturday. We did take breaks in the afternoon from the heat. The heat was starting to make us frustrated at Epcot. We still had a great time. However, line cutting was the issue that bothered me when we there. We were in line for Test Track and two teenage boyys literally shoved my 5 & 7 year old. then the mother had the nerve to ask me if she could go with her family. I said no because we were infront of them the whole time. They did get back behind us. It's not like the ride was going anywhere. Overall, it was nice.

PAMOUSELOVER
09-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Just back Monday, and it was busy and so crowed unlike I have ever dealt with on any other trip. The crowds seemed to die down a bit after Thursday the 30th. Sunday MGM was better compared to when we want on Tuesday.
But we only satyed for two hours.
I vow to never go to WDW again till after labor day. FP were running out before 12 noon.
We got a FP for test track at 12:30pm and our return time was 7:30-8:30.
We returned to the park just to ride it after dinner.
In 2005, we want from Sept. 15 till Sept. 23rd. We rode test track five times in a row to get a good picture that my daughter showed up in.

ltam16
09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
We got back Tuesday. It was very hot.The first couple of days we went to parks in morning, rested in afternoon, and went back at night. But after a few days of exhaustion like that we ended up staying in the pool during the day and going to parks after dinner. Towards the beginning (we arrived 8/28) the crowds were not bad. It helped that we did princess and pirate party on the first night, so we knocked a lot of MK rides off our list with no waits! We had no problems with fast pass it was great. I was also surprised we had little wait with the free dining.

I was in DW last year at Memorial Day weekend and felt the crowds were bigger, the waits for dinind were very long, and the humidity was worse. It was hotter due to temps this year but it felt more humid in May. However, we decided next time to take kids out of school and go in Nov, Jan or Feb! The heat takes a lot out of you! We did have a great time though!