PDA

View Full Version : 10 more days and a little concerned!

pdrlkr
08-16-2007, 12:30 PM
10 more days to return to the happiest place on earth! I am a little concerned with some of the things I have been reading. People cutting line, relieving themselves in line, and people just being rude. We have experienced rude people in the past but, I feel like there has been an increase recently. Anyway I hope I'm just overreacting. :fingers:

cfoshe
08-16-2007, 12:44 PM
I just back Sat. I had seen just a little line cutting. mostly people trying to get up with there group already in line. Had a great time.

You have a good time.

SBETigg
08-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I think you're over-reacting or I am over-optimistic. I don't think there is a vast increase in rude behavior. I think when something odd or disturbing happens, we have a tendency to complain or comment on it. If bad behavior were the norm, we certainly wouldn't be shocked by it enough to mention it. So, yes, things happen. But generally, I think you'll find everything as you remember it and as it should be.

mickey&missy
08-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I think when something odd or disturbing happens, we have a tendency to complain or comment on it. If bad behavior were the norm, we certainly wouldn't be shocked by it enough to mention it.

I have to agree!

We comment on the bad behavior because it's out of place. It's not what we expect and it's not what we would do. So we think what was that person thinking?or I can't believe that happened! and are more likely to comment on it. Believe me, if I saw someone relieve themselve while on line I would probably comment on it, not to mention say something to a CM.

There are a lot of rude/inconsiderate people in the world. I took my kids back to school shopping the other and experienced many of them. Including one very rude sales women who seemed somehow bothered by the fact she had to do her job and the fact I was using a coupon that I had received in the mail. The horror!

You would hope that people with bad attitudes and rude behavior would leave it behind when entering WDW. But, its so ingrained in some people they can't!

I'm sure you'll have a good time! Just try to ignore other peoples rudness and bad behavior and remember how happy you are to be there!!

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

gueli
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I too have become concerned. The stuff going on at DtD earlier in the year,etc.
How ever - if ever there was a place to 'clean up' -WDW seems to have every intention of making it a better place. The fact that they have enlisted the local police,( I remember reading about undercover operations to stomp out drug trade,etc) means to me that the earlier incidents have been addressed.
with that said - I agree with the other posters - we hear all the negitive stuff - how many hundreds of thousands positive experiences have we heard.
Do not be worried. Be vigilant and safe.
Have fun
it is the best place in the world to relax
:mickey:

pogo
08-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I too share your concern and I think you should NOT go to WDW in ten days. :nope:

But as your friend........ I think it's only fair that I go in your place and report back to you the rudeness that was there. ;)

Please send all your tickets and reservations to [email protected]. Oh.... and I could also use a little extra spending money too. Those :bar: are good and I'll eat a couple for you. :thumbsup:

Relax................. have a great time.... and don't forget your trip reports when you get home. :D

Marilyn Michetti
08-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Don't worry, it's not a Disney thing, it's a rudeness thing, and it happens everywhere.

Nobody notices it as much in grocery stores or movies lines. Being on vacation with hundreds of people ahead of you makes your eyesight sharper, and tempers shorter.:mad:

Keep your cool, and hope it doesn't happen to you.:)

mrsgaribaldi
08-16-2007, 05:59 PM
When I'm at Disney World I'm to happy to notice anything that would really upset me,or if I do, it's quickly forgotten. I hope the same is true for you:mickey:

Sinewiz
08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Not to worry. Rude behavior while common place in the world today only seems to rear it's ugly head at Disney World on rare occasions. I've always felt that people while at Disney World do a better job of monitoring their own behavior than anywhere else. :mickey:

pdrlkr
08-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the reassurance. I feel better already! I guess I don’t need to send the tickets to pogo after all. :thumbsup:

DestinationWDW
08-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I too just got back on Saturday. :( On the whole people were not rude - just irritable from heat :thedolls: None of these were CMs - all of those were "magical" and very helpful. We actually talked to quite a few getting relief from the heat in shops, etc. Learned a lot from them!!! Will make 1 suggestion though - don't leave your bags in your stroller if using one! My DH left his camera bag, and me my shoulder bag inside the stroller on the seat while we watched "A Bug's Life" at AK. Thank goodness DH had camera around his neck. When we came out - Bags gone. We know we made poor choice - went to guest relations and filed report. Unfortunately bags not recovered. Disney did provide some magic though and recouped our 8 day stroller rental as tickets were stolen. Did have to report to guest services though each am prior to entering park to get ticket authorization. Unfortunately the real world still can follow us to Disney - But you WILL still have a GREAT, MAGICAL vacation!!!!! (Sorry Pogo!) :mickey:

pogo
08-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks for all the reassurance. I feel better already! I guess I don’t need to send the tickets to pogo after all. :thumbsup:

Aw shucks. :(

Have fun anyways. :D

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I too share your concern and I think you should NOT go to WDW in ten days. :nope:

But as your friend........ I think it's only fair that I go in your place and report back to you the rudeness that was there. ;)

Please send all your tickets and reservations to [email protected]. Oh.... and I could also use a little extra spending money too. Those :bar: are good and I'll eat a couple for you. :thumbsup:

Relax................. have a great time.... and don't forget your trip reports when you get home. :D

:funny: Now that was funny!!

To the OP, We always see a few things that surprise us when we are there but, not enough to impact our vacation in any way (Fingers crossed of course that we have the same magic in 26 days :mickey:). I think you will have a wonderful vacation.

LibertyTreeGal
08-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Don't worry -- to be honest, I have found far more rude behavior at Disneyland than Disney World. Very little in WDW, really...

pogo
08-18-2007, 09:30 AM
:funny: Now that was funny!!

Thank you, :tiphat: thank you very much !:encore:

WDW is the happiest place on earth ! How can anyone go and not have fun ? :confused:
As I said before, relax and have a great time. :D

mttafire
08-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I think you're over-reacting or I am over-optimistic. I don't think there is a vast increase in rude behavior. I think when something odd or disturbing happens, we have a tendency to complain or comment on it. If bad behavior were the norm, we certainly wouldn't be shocked by it enough to mention it. So, yes, things happen. But generally, I think you'll find everything as you remember it and as it should be.
Agreed.:thumbsup: