PDA

View Full Version : Birthday buckets worth it?

kdkhopper
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
My son will be turning 7 during our visit this December so I'm looking for ways to make it extra special. I've read about the birthday buckets you can purchase at Plaza Inn. Has anybody gotten these for their kids? Are they worth the $20?

Also, I've also read on another thread about Blue Bayou doing something special for birthdays - any idea what they do? We're planning on eathing there but my son's not big on surprises and I would need to prepare him a bit.

Can't wait for this trip!!!!!

NotaGeek
08-16-2007, 01:45 PM
The birthday bucket is TOTALLY worth it! There's normally a plush, a key chain or some other fun stuff, and a cake if you get it in a restaurant... I believe you can get one for adults or kids, so they are kind of geared toward the age of the birthday boy/girl. I have given them to friends, kids AND gotten one myself. :party:

DisneyLandMomma
08-16-2007, 02:41 PM
We got a bucket for my daughter when she turned 6. We got lots of girlie stuff..mirror, brush, comb, some jewelry, a birthday pin, some sticker, and like NotaGeek said, it has a little personal cake on top. Not sure what all they put in a boy bucket but I think it was well worth it. :)

TexasPrincessAurora
08-16-2007, 09:05 PM
We got a birthday bucket for DS3 in December when we were at DL. We had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and they brought it out at the end with a personal cake in the top. It had a special trading pin, a plush and several other items. We chose a Sorcerer Mickey for him, but they had several other options as well. Very neat idea and we wish they did it at WDW.

Melanie
08-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I loved the birthday bucket my buddies got me a few years back. :smickey: The cake was adorable and yummy, and the plush keeps me company every day in my kitchen window. Such a nice memory!