PDA

View Full Version : Strange Horse Drawn Trolley Question

Disney Babe
08-16-2007, 02:52 AM
Okay, this is going to seem like a strange question! This is for those detail oriented DL lovers. I was at DL last Saturday and rode the Horse Drawn Trolley twice. I noticed that the back end of the horses were not bagged. I couldn't help it, since I had to sit directly behind the horse the first time and the tail was totally braided up! (A lovely view :blush:) The streets still seemed to be clean and free of any "mess". How are they preventing the horses from messing up the streets? I always thought the bags were to catch the mess, sort of like horsie diapers!

NotaGeek
08-16-2007, 03:01 AM
The horses mess at will, a CM comes along and cleans it up spotless afterwards. :mickey:

Now that's a job I would have to pass on. :)

Disney Babe
08-16-2007, 03:33 AM
They sure must be quick at it, because I didn't notice any clean up except that once I did see someone spray in front of the Castle where the Trolley stops.

What I think is interesting is that people actually sit in the street in that area, while waiting for the fireworks! I can't get over that someone would sit down in a dirty street - not that it's dirty because of DL, but just because of people constantly walking there and of course, possible little bits of horse residue left behind after cleanup. I mean, you never know!

NotaGeek
08-16-2007, 04:15 AM
I have seen the mess and the clean-up, and it's very clean, horse mess isn't particularly messy depending on the diet of the horses, unfortunately my grandfather had a ranch and I know this first hand.:ack:

For some reason I think that touching the streets isn't half as gross as touching all the handrails, door knobs, walls, chains, queue dividing rails, etc in the park. Who packed the hand sanitizer?

Considering Disney CMs basically steam clean the streets every night, I think the streets are pretty clean compared to a normal street.

BrerGnat
08-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Sometimes, the "messes" are NOT quickly cleaned up. I have almost run over it with our stroller more than once. When it's super crowded, sometimes, the "cleaner uppers" have a hard time seeing it with the sea of people. I have learned to walk on the SIDES of the street or the sidewalk when it's very crowded...

They do the best they can, and most of the time, the mess is cleaned up within seconds of hitting the ground.

Disney Babe
08-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Weren't the horses always bagged at the rear before though? I am just curious why I used to see bags under the tails. :mickey: