PDA

View Full Version : Life After Sopranos?

DVC2004
08-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Does anyone else find themselves with a void to fill now that the series ended? Boy I miss it. I catch the reruns on A&E but it's not the same.
Anyone find a good "replacement" to follow?

mickeys_princess
08-15-2007, 11:56 PM
I have tried to watch them on A & E and I agree its not the same. I have started watching Niptuck. Im really getting into it. Im up to the beginning of season 3 now, I had to start from the beginning. Hopefully I will catch up before season 5 starts in Oct.!

No one will ever replace Tony. (Dr. Troy is doing a good job of trying though! :thumbsup: )

Ian
08-16-2007, 06:52 AM
I watch Entourage, but I watched that when Sopranos was still on so it's not really a "replacement" per se.

Honestly ... I don't think anything will ever be able to replace the Sopranos ...

ldn324
08-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Nope, there will probably not be any replacement for the Sopranos. IMO, that was one of the best shows of all time - it would be really difficult to duplicate that type of talent with the cast, writing, directing, etc.

I have to say, my HBO viewing has dropped WAY down since the show ended. I was a HUGE Six Feet Under fan too so I really don't have much of a reason to continue my HBO sub. Watched Big Love last year, but we just haven't gotten into it this year. I thought John from Cincinnati was just horrible. Never really got into Entourage and it's hard to sell me on a series once it's already been established. I'm one of those first on board and down with the ship people when it comes to television (been with ER since the beginning and I'm holding onto the life jackets there too).

Honestly, I think if Real Time with Bill Maher was to leave HBO, I think I would probably just go ahead and cancel. With Netflix, movies are only a day away anyway.

I still have my fond memories of Tony and the 'families'. I'll treasure that last episode and keep them alive in my mind just the way I think it should be. I can't get into the A & E versions - they seem to be really different. DH and I were discussing - even some of the storylines seem different. Maybe they needed to clean it up for basic cable?? Definitely not the same.

Ian
08-16-2007, 12:39 PM
To me, if you were going rank the best television series of all time, Sopranos would fall somewhere in the top 5. Maybe top 3.

Figure you'd have I Love Lucy, All in the Family, M*A*S*H, Law & Order, The Simpsons, The Sopranos, Cheers ...

From that list I'd put Sopranos no worse than 3. It was an amazing, amazing show with an amazing cast, amazing writing, amazing stories ... It's arguably the best ensemble cast ever assembled.

I will tell you that you're really missing out on Entourage, though. Jeremy Piven alone makes it worth spending a 1/2 hour on each week! :thumbsup: