PDA

View Full Version : Best way to MGM from Epcot

disney crazy family
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
30 more days and I can hardly contain my excitement! :party:
For all the experts out there....
I think we will be hitting Epcot for the morning EMH then head over to MGM for our lunch reservations. Which is the best way to go?
Boat, Bus or Walk?
Also, is there a direct bus that goes to the animal kingdom from MGM?
Thank you!!

DisneyDudet
08-15-2007, 10:27 PM
We walk, unless there's a boat waiting. We have found it a heck of a lot faster to walk to Epcot from MGM and vice versa. Its a personal preference. We walk fast, so we walk (unless its raining or cold).

There is a direct bus from MGM to AK. No problem there!

jsdt
08-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Definitely boat or walk - don't take the bus. Most of the time we take the boat, unless there is a very long line. If you stay the rest of the day at MGM and are leaving after Fantasmic and need to head back to EPCOT, I would recommend walking. The lines at the boat get very long. Last time we "raced" the boat with half of our party walking and half taking the boat and the "walkers" won hands down.

scoot241
08-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd either take the Friendship (that's what the boats are called, right?) or walk.

Crow
08-15-2007, 10:53 PM
i walk about 20 min/1 mile. or u can take the boat.

MinnieMommie
08-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I've had good luck with the boat. It is our preferred way to get to MGM from EPCOT and vice versa. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
08-16-2007, 06:50 AM
I agree that you will probably want to walk, or possibly ride the boat. The only way I would take the bus is if we were near the front entrance when it was time for lunch. Then instead of walking all the way back to the International Gateway and then over to MGM, it might be better to grab a bus.

Maleficent's Dad
08-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Leave from the Int'l Gateway between UK and France. From there, you have 2 options as mentioned above: Walk or Boat.

If you walk:
Go straight to the bridge and turn left (going over the bridge to the Boardwalk). After you pass the Flying Fish, go in left towards the "courtyard area." On the right side of the courtyard is the pool entrance for the BW resort. Cut through the pool - on the back side of the pool you'll find the walkway to MGM - turn left and the walk isn't too bad to the studios.

Friendship Boat:
Get on the boat under the awning. The boat will go to (in this order) the BW, YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin, then MGM. As long as the AC is working, or you sit out on the back of the boat, it's a pretty comfortable & relaxing way to go.

If speed/time is a concern, by all means, walk - it's a whole lot faster!

Also - even if it's before 11 AM and WS is not yet opened, you can still walk to the International Gateway and get on the boat or walk! That entrance/exit is available as long as the park is open.

disney crazy family
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys! It looks like we will walk. About how long is the walk? We are all in great shape, so I am not concerned about not making it, just wanted an idea of getting from point A to B.

Maleficent's Dad
08-16-2007, 09:43 AM
If you walk - taking the shortcut through the BW's pool - it will take about 20 minutes without rushing it.

Power walkers can definitely make it quicker! :walk:

jwallace378
08-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Another vote for the boat

disneynarula
08-16-2007, 11:05 AM
If there is a boat right there take the boat. If there isn't a boat at the launch then just walk.

PeterPanFan
08-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I cant belive this. I have never walked or taken a boat from MGM to Epcot. I must admit I though I knew just about everything Disney. Where do you catch the boat and where do you start the walk :confused:

Maleficent's Dad
08-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I cant belive this. I have never walked or taken a boat from MGM to Epcot. I must admit I though I knew just about everything Disney. Where do you catch the boat and where do you start the walk :confused:

See my FIRST post above. :mickey:

jefmblrd
08-17-2007, 10:10 AM
We've walked, and I seem to remember it taking about 20 minutes, but I usually prefer to take the boat since I already do so much walking around the parks.

MsMin
08-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I prefer to walk if I'm in a hurry b/c the boats stop at the resorts and can be slow. I would definitely take the bus if I was at the front of the park. I would allow myself an hour -45 mins to get to my ressie b/c you have to enter the park etc.

GhostHost999
08-17-2007, 09:40 PM
nothing like a pleasent little maritime voyage...I'd definitely take the boat.

:mickey:

anewvision
08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Walk the food plan off. Its about 6000 ft.
or 16 to 20 min. have fun

next trips

9/11--9/16 2007
10/25--10/30 2007 running 13k race at MGM
12/10--12/15 2007

dumbo ears
08-18-2007, 01:16 PM
well if you feel like walkin then walk but if u don't then the boat is very good ride. might take a while but its nice and cool on the boat most of the time.

Polynesian Dweller
08-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Like others have said. Never the bus. The problem with the boat is the number of stops can make it a lot longer than the walk. I'd suggest walking if you are up to it. A day at the parks can take the walking spirit out of all of us.:mickey:

Mickey Loves Golf
08-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Bus load zone #9 at Epcot - we will get you there in less than 10 minutes. You are leaving in 30 days so it will still be pretty toasty in September. That could make it a miserable walk - especially if you leave the time of day you mentioned. The boat would be fine, but those watercraft dudes aren't anywhere near as funny as us bus drivers :D

sleepingbooty
08-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Another vote here for bus. We tried the boat when we were there last week. Never again. It was a very hot day (of course). We only waited about 5 minutes for the boat, but it seemed like the journey there took forever, stopping first at Boardwalk, then backtracking to Y/B Club and then to Swan/Dolphin. The inside was not air conditioned and they couldn't open the windows, so we sat on the bench in the open area in the back (we were lucky to have that choice since we were first on). The boat goes so slow that there wasn't even a breeze and the engine is back there and extremely loud. We were dripping sweat by the time we got off 30 minutes later. Give me an air conditioned bus anytime.

LudwigVonDrake
08-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Epcot to MGM? The boat :boat: I've done the walk and I much prefer relaxing onboard the boat!