PDA

View Full Version : Boatwrights-thoughts?

bethanne6245
08-15-2007, 08:59 PM
We will be staying at POFQ in Sept and have made an ADR for Boatwright's. Menu looks good. Looking for some feedback from those that have eaten there. Any good? Also do they have a children's menu?

JPL
08-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Not sure on the Children's Menu but I think they do. I have eaten there several times and always had a great experience. I think it's one of the best kept Dining secrets at WDW. Great food and theming:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
08-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Argghh just posted a nice long reply and somehow deleted it.

Anyway, yes they have a children's menu but I can't remember what was on it. We ate breakfast and lunch there in january, both great meals!

MickeysGirl
08-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Anyway, yes they have a children's menu but I can't remember what was on it. We ate breakfast and lunch there in january, both great meals!
:ditto: I could say the exact same thing here, except that we went in June!

We unexpectedly went to Boatwrights for dinner (for the first time ever) on the first night of our honeymoon and were so pleasantly surprised! We'd been many times for breakfast and have always been pleased and were so happy to find that dinner was equally as pleasing. :cloud9: We will most certainly be going back for both breakfast and dinner!

And to answer the other question, I'm also unsure of the kids menu, as we've never brought Little Nigel with us. Sorry! :blush:

Enjoy your meal and time at PO Riverside!

brewcrew26
08-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I ate there with my brother a few years ago for breakfast. It was great. I don't know if they still have it but they had something called the "Oink Cluck Moo"...it was just fun to say!

ElenitaB
08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
We've eaten both breakfast and dinner there (on more than one occasion). While I don't recall exactly what was on the kid's menu, rest assured that they do have one.

Besides good food and a very nice atmosphere, we've had wonderful CMs there as well! A very pleasant experience all around! :thumbsup:

jakeybake
08-17-2007, 08:33 AM
We have eaten at Boatrights for both dinner and breakfast many times and have always enjoyed our meals.

They do have a children's menu but I don't recall exactly what is on it, though I assume it contains the standard children's fare. Chicken fingers, burgers, mac and cheese etc.

Definitely eat there, you won't regret it.

TheDuckRocks
08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Found this on another site:

Boatwright's Dining Hall
Kids' Menu January 2007

Breakfast - $4.29
Chip N' Dale's Toast - triangles of cinnamon and sugar toast with maple syrup and choice of meat
Mickey Pancake - A Mickey-shaped pancake served with syrup and choice of meat
Ham N' Scram - ham n' egg scrambled with taters and toast
Goofy's Scrambled Morning - sausage n' egg scrambled, served with taters and toast
Scrapin' Bacon - bacon and egg scrambled, served with taters and toast
Assorted Cereals - $3.19
Lunch/Dinner
Choice of one appetizer, one entree and one dessert for $7.49
Appetizers

Chicken Noodle Soup
Garden Salad
Entrees
Cheeseburger
Chicken Strips
Macaroni and Cheese
French fries and soft drinks available on request
Desserts
Fruit Salad
Ice Cream Sundae

Hope it helps you. BTW we love Boatwright's for both dinner and breakfast. Love those sweet potato pancakes.

lightyearfan
08-17-2007, 12:40 PM
i would have to agree with JPL that Boatwrights is a best kept secret , this is a great place to eat me and dw have eaten at Boatwrights on every trip, and this past trip we had breakfest there twice. if you are getting breakfest i would suggest the sweet potato pancakes and dw would suggest the huge portion of the bannana stuffed french toast.

Enjoy your trip
Victor

BusyB
08-18-2007, 02:19 PM
We've dined there a few times; nothing to get excited about.

aurorafan
08-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm glad to hear such good things about this restaurant as we are staying at POR in Oct. and have an ADR for breakfast there (we love our TS breakfasts!). We may eat dinner there too, not sure though--I have to sit down and figure out our credits and such. How much does dinner run there approx.?

brownie
08-19-2007, 02:30 PM
We've never had dinner, but we have really enjoyed our breakfasts at Boatwrights! The banana-stuffed french toast is awesome, if they still have it.

luvdiznee
08-19-2007, 08:03 PM
If you like Jambalya this is the place to get it! :cloud9:And there was certainly enough for 2. And the cornbread to go along with it.:cloud9: :mickey:ENJOY!

disneynarula
08-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I think they have the best breakfast in WDW.
I love the bread bucket.

We also ate dinner there on a whim once because we were tired and wanted an evening out of the parks. We were pleasently surprised. It was a very tasty meal and a relaxing atmosphere.

pogo
08-19-2007, 11:05 PM
If you like Jambalya this is the place to get it! :cloud9:And there was certainly enough for 2. And the cornbread to go along with it.:cloud9: :mickey:ENJOY!
I'll second this ! We had dinner there for our anniversary on April 20th, and I ordered Jambalya for the very first time and it was oh so good ! :D

dyin tago
08-19-2007, 11:43 PM
another vote for boatrights.

last trip I had prime rib and dw said it was best pot roast she ever had. this sept it`s jambalaya for me and potroast for her!:eat:

disney
08-20-2007, 02:59 AM
:number1:We have had breakfast,witch was great and dinner, outstanding. We have been there many times and never have been disapointed.

Natazu
08-20-2007, 03:18 AM
I'll second this ! We had dinner there for our anniversary on April 20th, and I ordered Jambalya for the very first time and it was oh so good ! :D
The key to good jambalaya is the secret ingredient.

Seasonscraps
08-20-2007, 06:36 AM
I think they have the best breakfast in WDW.

I agree with disneynarula about the breakfast - yummy!

I enjoy the dinner there as well.

bethanne6245
08-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Fantastic feedback! I knew I could count on my fellow Intercotee's! All this talk about banana stuffed french toast makes me want to make an ADR for breakfast too!

Disney5+2
08-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Last year I made a ADR at Boatwrights for our first night at POR. We have stayed at POR many times, but never eaten there. We had arrived in the late morning, gone to Animal Kingdom for a few hours and then came back to POR. It was great to know that we didn't have to make another trip someplace for a nice meal since we had been up since 5AM. The meal, service and atmosphere were very good. I think you'll enjoy it!

SLS-550
08-23-2007, 04:33 PM
We ate there last year also, me and the wife both had the prime rib, it was yummy, good service as well:)

KBMaggs
08-23-2007, 04:52 PM
The key to good jambalaya is the secret ingredient.

What's the secret ingredient???

Natazu
08-25-2007, 04:12 AM
What's the secret ingredient???
It's a secret. Though, somebody may come along with the answer.