PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

Bobby T
08-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Need some assistance from the DL experts. I am heading to the resort later this year, and it's been a long time since I've been in the area. Can anyone provide me some lodging advice be it inside or outside the resort? It will be just my wife and I.

I'm not sure I want to spend $200 a night, but not looking for bargain basement either.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

NotaGeek
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey there! There are several threads already going with great info about hotels on DLR Property and off-property. Just scroll down and take a look. Several good choices off property are listed, and my 3 favorites are:

Best Western Park Place Inn
Fairfield Inn and Suites
Ramada Main Gate.

All 3 are across the street from the main entrance and a 5-10 minute walk from the security lines leading into the Esplanade. They are all Good Neighbor properties and have very good rates compared to the Hotels at DLR.

Bobby T
08-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks and sorry for the double post. I wll go through some of those other threads.

Can't wait to get there!

SignguyTom
08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Our favorite is the Carousel on Harbor Blvd. The rooms are very nice, the people are great and it is a lot closer to the entrance gates than the hotels on Katella. It also has a pretty good Continental B-fast. The breakfast room is a big round room on the 5th floor with windows that look out toward DL. It is a GREAT place from which to watch the fireworks if you are not in the park!! :fworks:

japhilli
08-17-2007, 08:35 AM
I would definately reccommend the Candy Cane Inn. It is next door to DL...about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main entrance. It is very clean and comfortable. The beds are great...very cozy. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and could not have asked for our room to be any nicer. We got a AAA rate of $99 per night + tax. They offer a nice cont. breakfast. They have a shuttle to DL but we never used it because it was a nice walk. We will definately stay there again.:mickey:

tinkwest
08-17-2007, 02:02 PM
The next time I go and stay for more than a day I want to try the Candy Cane Inn if I am not at the Disneyland Hotel. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

thrillme
08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Ramada was great when we stayed there and it was an easy walk to the park.

Very reasonable and we got a suite.

I guess it was NOT the FANCIEST place on the block with a awsome pool etc. But I'm not much of a hotel critic. I just need a place to rest. The weather there in July was comfortable so we didn't even bother with the pool we just stayed in the parks from open till close.

The room was clean and in good shape.

Bobby T
08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all the recommendations. I'll be booking something this weekend and counting the days toward our trip.