PDA

View Full Version : I can't see the 3D Movie effects...anyone else?

jennsky
08-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Ok, maybe I need glasses, although I just had an eye exam and I have 20/20 vision. How come the 3D effects in all of the 3D movies at Disney don't seem to "work" for me? The things that are supposed to POP out and be in 3D don't look any different than anything else on the screen. Does anyone else have this problem? The first time I saw Mickey's Philharmagic was shortly after it opened and I was blown away because I actually SAW the 3D effects, but the second time I watched it, I couldn't see it anymore. Is it that the film quality had deteriorated or that the glasses I was wearing were defective? Or maybe it's me.... Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has/had this problem...

TennesseeTink
08-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I also do not see the 3-D effects most of the time. Every once in a while I can. Go figure. I have noticed that the closer to the center of the theatre I am, the better I see them. I have never been able to see them in Muppetvision. I always thought it was just me.

And it's not just Disney. Last weekend we went to the World of Coke in Atlanta and did their 3-D movie. My sister talked about how things were coming straight at ther, but I never saw a thing. Kinda disappointing...:(

MsMin
08-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I have trouble with it but I only wear a contact lens in 1 eye. I use one eye to see close and one to see far and it has an effect on the 3D viewing.
Maybe you have a slight astigmatism that isn't picked up in an eye screening. I know that the exam for kids for astigmatism is a 3d type object and the kids are supposed to grab it.
I doubt it's something serious but I know it can be disappointing.
I can see better when I have a new lens in...

Scar
08-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I am 3D challenged. Blind in one eye since birth. Never saw them, never will.

I would definitely mention your problem to your eye doctor next time.

ariel03
08-16-2007, 10:55 AM
GOOD TIPS: I have noticed a few things the can cause you not to see the 3D correctly. It depends on how you where your glasses. Make sure they are straight on your face. The side of the glass do not work on the 3D as well as the center. Also keep your head straight. If you look around or have a taco neck the 3D will not work. DH and I experiemented with this on our last trip. DH has a bit of a taco neck so he has to remember to keep his head straight so he can see the 3D. Also take a look at the glasses you pick out. Ones with a lot of scratches will provide no 3D. DH and I usually pick out a few pairs and quickly look at them under the lights before we pick the best pair.:cool:

disneynarula
08-16-2007, 10:56 AM
I have some trouble as well. I have eyesight issues (lazy eye) I have to sit in the middle and really concentrate on focusing.

I also can not see those hidden picture things.

mdearmas
08-16-2007, 11:05 AM
If you look around or have a taco neck the 3D will not work.
LOL what is a taco neck? that is the funniest thing i've ever heard!
:goofy:

Fantasmic
08-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't think that astigmatism is the cause of not being able to see the 3D, I have that, I wear contacts/glasses and can see the 3D fine.

Maybe you've been really unlucky and the glasses you've always had have been pants.

SBETigg
08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I think I remember reading about a condition that prevents one from seeing 3D effects. A certain percentage of people are just not able to see things that way. It could be that you are one of those people.

ariel03
08-16-2007, 01:24 PM
LOL what is a taco neck? that is the funniest thing i've ever heard!
:goofy:

Taco neck is when you are relaxed and your head isn't quite straight on your shoulders and you kinda lean your head to one side a bit. Like a puppy dog look.
We make fun of DH all the time over it.
Also if you might remember there was a Taco Bell commercial on it where you turn your neck to the side to bite into a taco. Thus the name taco neck.:)

jennsky
08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
You guys make me smile! I think I may have a combination of the taco neck (thanks for the explanation...I didn't know what it was either!!) and I could be one of those people who 3D just doesn't work for. Those 3D picture things don't work for me either. I think I stared at one for 10 minutes without blinking hoping the picture would jump out at me and just as it did, I had to blink and I lost the picture again! Well, I'm glad I'm not the only 3D Challenged person out there! :blush:

ariel03
08-16-2007, 02:50 PM
When I do the 3D pictures I cross my eyes while looking at the picture and slowly uncross them until I see the picture. Works everytime for me. I used to look at a bunch of these when I was elementary school.

KevGuy
08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I have astigmatism and wear glasses and have had no trouble at Disney or anywhere else seeing 3D. :confused:

cheshirecollector
08-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I wish I did have trouble seeing the effects - sometimes they're way too "in your face" for me and I have to look away for part of the movie. :blush: Especially the snake in HISTA.

Jared
08-16-2007, 07:11 PM
My father and sister were born with eye troubles and cannot see the 3-D effects. I have basic myopia and can see everything perfectly.