PDA

View Full Version : What was your worst dining experience ?

gueli
08-15-2007, 05:01 PM
How many of you have gone out for a dinner and had a bad meal? probably all of us- but which one was your worst ?

Now a little side story-
picture a nice warm evening- I am ready to propose to my girl- made reservations at a nice seafood place (overpriced, but right on the water)- I get there, the lines is out the door- when I finally get to the host- I am told that there will be over an hour wait for my reservation- ARGGGHHHHH !
we were so upset (she still didn't know) we ended up driving away, found a nice cozy 'shack' type place (good seafood), I found a beach- got out on the sand, with the waves lapping the shore- The Cops Show up to kick everyone off. Not hesitating, got to one knee...
well it is now 7 years later, we have a beautiful DD (5) , and I will never forget that night.
:beer:
PS when my DW realized what had happened that whole night, she had to laugh...

Ed
08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Well, you definitely get an A+ for persistence and determination! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you could teach Murphy (as in Murphy's Law) a thing or two.

Gotta hate it when your so-called "reservations" don't get you any consideration. Hope you haven't patronized that place since then.

:cool:

PirateLover
08-15-2007, 06:34 PM
One dining experience that sticks out in my mind is from a few years back at Applebee's. Service was really really slow that day. Still, you would think we'd get our drinks or at least some utensils, right? Wrong! Our server brought out our appetizers- we had no drinks, utensils, or appetizer plates. How were we supposed to eat? We didn't even have a napkin! So we finally get utensils and drinks and yes we did have to eat our apps on napkins because we never received plates but I guess you can't get everything! Well after about another 50 mins our entrees come out and I received what is possibly the worst burger ever. I asked for it medium-well and this burger was more like well-well. It was a charburger! And to boot, it wasn't even warm! The fries were cold too. I guess they were having a lot of complaints because a manager actually stopped by and asked how everything was. We should've told the truth but at that point we wanted to get the heck out of there so we just said it was fine, left our money and got outta there.

We swore off that particular Applebee's for awhile but we eventually went back and now there is one that opened up even closer to us. We've never had any other problems... guess it was just an off day.

The only other example I can think of was one day we went to Bennigan's during an ice storm. There was maybe one other couple in the place but they stuck us in this booth in the back. It took almost a half an hour for our waitress to even come and get our drink orders. She claims that no one told her she had a table. We were very close to leaving at right before that point. DBF had even gotten up to go to the bathroom after about 10 mins and couldn't even find the host to ask what the hold up was! Very odd. She got our order partially wrong (I thought she seemed out of it when I was asking her a question about the menu), and then her shady boyfriend came in and kept pulling her away to talk to her about something and we never even got any drink refills. After she took our original order we only saw her 2 other times- once to bring the drinks and once to give us the check. (someone else brought the food).

tadshome
08-15-2007, 06:48 PM
My worst experience without any doubt was at Wolfgang Puck in DTD. Waited over an hour for my food (everyone else on our table had finished by the time mine came) the server was very sympathetic but totally unhelpful. When it did arrive it tasted awful. Would never go there again:(

Terra
08-15-2007, 09:50 PM
A group of us when to Spaghetti Warehouse after church one Sunday. We waited for about 20 minutes for the waitress to even get our drink orders..then another 10 minutes to get the drinks...

She then takes the orders and on mine I said I wanted "X" item and she said what dressing do you want with your salad. I told her that normally it doesn't come with a salad, were they having a special on it or something and she said yes...

So 30 minutes later [no refills on drinks as of yet] our meals finally come and my order is all wrong.
So I say "I'm sorry but I ordered "X" " and she said "No you didn't" [very snotty]...and I said "yes I did"...
So get this...she replies "We'll I'll take it back then but the salad does NOT come with what you ordered so you'll have to pay for it....CAN YOU AFFORD IT??"....

The whole table got quiet and I just looked at her and didn't know what to say honestly...so I just mumbled yes....

Anyway, when I got home I wrote a letter to the manager just explaining how she had treated me and I thought that question was out of line...
We'll within a week they sent me a $75 gift card and told me the next time i came in that the manager wanted to talk to me...

So we went in again and the manager was so nicely and kept apologizing and said that this waitress was fired and she had gotten alot of complaints that day...

Anyway the gift card was only for meals...but they said also ordered as many appetizers as we wanted and any drinks we wanted and they would take care of everything...Our bill was over $100 and we paid nothing!

crazypoohbear
08-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I took my son's to applebee's one afternoon. We ordered soda's and waited.... waited..... waited..... waited..... waited.......waited....waited.....waited.....
after 25 minutes we left.
The restaurant closed down 2 weeks later.
I wonder if our soda's ever arrived.

DVC2004
08-16-2007, 12:01 AM
One Mothers Day we took MIL and FIL out for lunch. Well, this place did not accept call ahead reservations so when we showed up the wait was over and hour. My DH has a common first name and put that on the list. Well, finally they called us for the table. By the time we made it up there to the podium it turned out someone with the same first name had already snagged the table! Really, the restaurant should have known since we were a party of 6 and this was a party of 2. The manager explained the goof up to the other guy in hopes he would give up the table to us. Of course he didn't. Now we use our last name for reservations.

TheDuckRocks
08-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh-oh, Applebee's seems to have issues.
On a recent trip to our local Applebee's I ordered their Grilled Greek Chicken Salad which I had before. On this evening after a very lengthy wait my salad arrived. Romaine lettuce and 3 small pieces of sliced chicken, no tomatoes, black olives, pepperoncinis, cucumbers, feta cheese OR Mediterranean vinaigrette.
When I nicely asked the girl who brought the food to the table (not our waitress) if a mistake had been made she rudely informed me, "This isn't my table, I wouldn't know". Could she send our waitress over? "Yeah, I guess."
20 minutes later I snagged the hostess as she was seating another table and asked to see the manager. She came right back and said the manager was busy and would be over in about 5 minutes. Our waitress was still MIA. When the manager finally arrived with our waitress and I told her the problem, her answer was, "I guess whoever preped your salad this morning didn't know what should be in it. Could I get you something else?"
Well, my DH had long finished his meal so we just asked for the bill and left with me having had no dinner.:mad: