PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical 2 Party suggestions

Ariel_Fan
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
My daughter has invited her girlfriends in the neighborhood over to watch HSM2 this Friday night. :high5: She can hardly stand to wait. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do that would make her party more fun? I have HSM plates & napkins for snacks and pizza. Does anyone know of any cheaper party favors that they could all go home with? There will only be 5 girls (including my daughter) and they are 6 years old. Also, is it only our area that this party is the 'cool' thing to do? Thanks in advance!

mizzoumouse
08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
My DD is going to one Sunday night! She is soo excited. I am not sure what they willl be doing other than watching the movie? I think I would send each girl home with the HSM2 Soundtrack!!

one2goofy
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Us High School Musical fans here in Iowa are doing the same thing....boys in one room, girls in the other, mom's sitting out on the deck :beer::marg:

What if you gave out Lei's:lei: at the party?....From listening to the CD (yes, we got ours yesterday), it sounds like there is a tropical performance that will happen.. That would be fun and CHEAP!

Enjoy the evening!!

MaryPoppinsFan
08-15-2007, 05:21 PM
My daughter is going to a sleep over Friday night to watch the movie. And I know of at least 3 others happening this weekend. Sounds like this is going on across the nation. We downloaded the CD off I-tunes and have it cranked up!!
I didnt know there were plates and such, I might have to make a trip out tonight, where did you find them?:party:

I believe
08-15-2007, 05:30 PM
We are partying in Alabama too. We are doing the traditional slumber party stuff ( pizza, popcorn, painting fingernails, fixing hair) but we are doing a tropical type theme...maybe even the limbo to HSM2 music.
You asked about party favors, I saw HSM t shirts at Wal Mart fo about $6. I've got flip flops to let the girls decorate, If I can find visors,we will do that too.
Have fun! :party:

LittleSpirit02
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Decorating the room with the television with red and white streamers is cheap and effective. Make it into East High! For a cheap party favor, you could buy them all the single of "What Time Is It" - you should be able to get it for no more than 1.99 a cd (or buy a few songs on iTunes from the two soundtracks and burn copies for the girls). You could have HSM karaoke (I believe the Disney Channel is showing the first movie with the words written on the screen before premiering the new one). I'm sure you could get very inexpensive basketball/baseball themed party favors at Target or similar stores. Lots of party foods - popcorn, cheese balls, etc... maybe a red and white cake with "All for One" on it (that's the new song). Even just finding red and white necklackes or flowers at a dollar store would be fun to decorate with and give out at the end. You could put a sign on your door saying "Welcome to East High!" or "HSM2 is Finally Here!" to greet them. Enjoy - sounds like a fun night!

Ariel_Fan
08-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I was able to buy the plates @ Wal-Mart. They are just the original High School Musical plates and napkins, but my daughter was thrilled to pieces. Thank you to everyone who gave me some ideas. They are all excellent and now I just have to decide. YAY!!! Shopping at lunch. Hope everyone has an excellent time at their parties. :party: