PDA

View Full Version : illuminations priority seating

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks to intercot!!!
I found out before my travel agent that tepannaki restaurant will be closed during our trip in September. Thankfully we were able to get to concorse, then I heard that people who had to have their reservations changed got priority seating at illuminations. My travel agent called and arranged this for us as well. I would never have known about either of these if it weren't for you guys!!

Thank you so much!!!

Now my question. What is priority seating for Illuminations. :secret: I thought it was fireworks, so why would you need priority seating. They said it is standing room between uk and canada.
Does this make much of a difference in viewing illuminations?

thanks in advance.

Figment!
08-16-2007, 08:56 AM
While Illuminations is in essences a firework show, much of the show is on the lagoon surface in the form of fountains, explosions, fireworks and a floating illuminated globe.

The VIP areas for Illuminations are verandas that sit out onto the water. There are three of them around the lagoon--in front of Italy, Morocco and the International Gateway. I've used the one in front of the International Gateway and the view was great.

Not sure what they are referring to between UK and Canada, this may be a wholly separate area or they may have mistakenly described the veranda in front of the International Gateway (between France and the UK).

TheRustyScupper
08-16-2007, 11:05 AM
. . .Not sure what they are referring to between UK and Canada . . .

1) They are using portions of the old Millennium Village.
2) They are roping off a section.
3) There are no seats, just standing with a couple of small benches for handicapped.
4) The view isn't that much better than normal.
5) But, time waiting to claim a viewing point is reduced.