PDA

View Full Version : I want to be convinced !

fielin
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi !

I am beginning to prepare my august 08 vacations. My first trip to WDW was this year and I tried AKL, POFQ and POP. I loved each of these hotels, but my favorite was POFQ.

I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat, but next year will be different : it will not be just me and my DBF, but we will bring along two friends.

I originally thought about sharing a bedroom, but, considering this will be a 10 days trip, I think we will appreciate sleeping in different rooms.

Choosing 2 bedrooms in POFQ would be the obvious choice, but I'm feeling adventurous... So I'm thinking about discovering a new resort, and sharing a Cabin.

So please, convince me this is the right choice... or not !

faline
08-16-2007, 05:58 AM
It depends. If you really want to have some separate space from your friends, two rooms in a value or moderate might be best. The other bonus to this arrangements is that you'll have two bathrooms, making it easier to get ready to go to the parks in the morning.

Fort Wilderness is one of my most favorite places in Disney World. It's the very first place I ever stayed - though my first few trips were tent camping. We did spend several trips in the cabins and greatly enjoyed each stay.

I love the location. It's close to the Magic Kingdom which I enjoy. It's like having your own private house as each cabin sits separate from the others.

There is a full kitchen which is great if you want to breakfast at home or have an occasional additional meal at home. There is a separate bedroom in the back of the cabin.

However, the second "bedroom" is a pull-down Murphy bed in the main living area. This could be a problem if some folks want to stay up late and lounge in the main living area while others want to go to bed.

CU Tiger
08-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree with Faline. FW is our favorite place to stay :thumbsup: and we have stayed in the cabins each of the last four years. Who ever sleeps on the Murphy bed will not have complete privacy, but there is plenty of room. We usually have six people (4 adults, 2 kids) and we get along fine. It is nice to be able to hang out on the deck, enjoy the quiet, but still be immersed in the Disney spirit. We enjoy taking the boat to WL, the Contemporary, and DW. You can check out the Chip & Dale movie/sing along, watch both the fireworks and the electric light parade from the beach, enjoy a drink at Crockett’s tavern :beer:, or have a decent meal at the trail’s end buffet. The HDDR is there if you want to see a show, you can rent the little Mickey boats, ride horses, or go on the hay ride. I believe the price for two couples sharing one cabin should be much cheaper than two rooms somewhere else. Plus you can save a little extra cash if you want to use the kitchen or the bar-b-que for a couple meals. We believe the cabins are the best kept secret in Disney. :mickey:

fielin
08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks for you replies !

As far as sleeping times are concerned, I think there will be no problem : none of us plan on sleeping early in the evening or late in the morning... After all, this will be our second visit, andtheir first, we should all be very excited !

But I know that one of the friends we take along can sometimes snore heavily... Do you think if they sleep in the bedroom and we sleep on the murphy bed, the acoustic isolation will be enough ?

DestinationWDW
08-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I believe your "acoustic" problem will be fine! We just got back from our 1st trip in the cabins this past weekend. WE LOVED IT!!!! Have 3 children 12, 9, and 4 who shared the bedroom = giggling, TV and some fighting....mom and dad close door=quiet time for us!!! I think you'll really enjoy it - peaceful, quiet atmosphere especially nice at night after busy, stimulating day at park! :mickey:

casey@bat
08-17-2007, 07:51 AM
The bath houses are very nice. You could all get ready at the same time in your own shower. Can't do that in a "hotel".

jennsky
09-24-2007, 06:36 PM
My last trip we stayed in the cabins. It was really relaxing to just sit on our own personal deck in the evenings and unwind with some quiet conversation. I think it'll be a great choice for you guys!

SueQ
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I love the cabins. I stayed there the last time I went and I will be staying there again next year. Lots of room and love having the kitchen. We would have coffee while everyone was getting ready and have breakfast in the cabin sometimes. we saved money by having a couple dinners there too. I would recommend getting a golf cart. They come in handy.

ibrowse17
09-26-2007, 09:57 AM
The bath houses are very nice. You could all get ready at the same time in your own shower. Can't do that in a "hotel".

Do the cabin loops have Comfort Stations? I don 't remember seeing any while cruising around on our golf cart. They are very clean, something that my DW was very impressed with the first time I took her to FW.

jennsky
10-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Do the cabin loops have Comfort Stations?

The cabin loops don't have Comfort Stations but if you're near a camping loop you could maybe stop over if necessary....

Auntie
10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
I think if this is their first trip..they might enjoy the privacy and convenience that the hotel offers. While we've stayed in the cabins, I've found them to be a bit removed from the campground amenities...meaning the main pool, marina area and Trading Posts. You will have to take a bus to those areas..particulary if it's during very hot weather. We went in August, and walking was not an option. If we had brought our bikes that would have been fine, but we flew down..so again, not an option. I personally didn't care for having to take bus to the pool or the marina area where you would take the water launch to the MK. You might want to consider renting a golf cart(which will run you about $50.00 a day)...that made our trip much more enjoyable. I feel for the price of the cabins..which depending on the time of year can run over $300.00, I'd rather stay in a deluxe resort for that money..of course you would likely be spliting that cost with another couple. While I think the cabins are a choice for families...as long as they are aware of the location in regards to the campground amenities..We've known people who weren't aware that they are staying in a camping resort, and were not thrilled with paying a Deluxe resort price, without deluxe amenities..I feel Disney kind of leaves out a bit of that info..no themed pool..no real onsite dining..other than the Trails End..which is cafateria style. That's fine..but if you are on a dining plan staying in the campgrounds..your on site dining options are really pretty limited.
FW is great for RV'rs. Best campground ever. Cabins are just a bit too removed for my taste.

LCPZA
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
The cabins are the BEST in Disney. I miss not being able to stay there with the Vacation Club. (it uses more points than the DVC places)
Snoring won't be a problem-DH is like an over grown Grilly snoring. THe only problem I woud see is sharing the 1 bathroom and no privacy for the ones staying on the murphy bed. Other than that FOrt Wilderness is my number one pick. I would give up SSR to stay there anytime.