PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so..

motherhamv
08-15-2007, 10:40 AM
:cry: R&R closed on our trip. DD wil be :sob:, this is her favorite attraction of all time.

Jared
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster will be closed from Sep. 4 until Oct. 4. Sorry.

:(

kdsjjb
08-15-2007, 11:04 AM
I fell your DD's pain. :sad:
DW and I will be there in 28 days, for our first trip without our kids.:thumbsup: I kept reading the rumors here, but never let it get me down until the official posting on WDW's site. Now I can officially be sad myself.:crying:
RnRc is one of my favorites, but the upside is I'LL BE IN DISNEY:yay: in 28 days, and HM will be back up and running:high5:

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Alas, into each life a little rehab must fall.

Gertie1
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I understand that rehabs must take place, but I am disgusted with the fact that I will not be able to ride The Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, AND RnR. These are three of the major Disney attractions. I've been to Disney every year since I was 2 years old. I am now 31. I expect a lot more from Disney's planning committee. I have already paid for my non-refundable flight and resort and now I am stuck. This will definitely be my most disappointing Disney experience.

Goofster
08-15-2007, 12:35 PM
I fell your DD's pain. :sad:
DW and I will be there in 28 days, for our first trip without our kids.:thumbsup: I kept reading the rumors here, but never let it get me down until the official posting on WDW's site. Now I can officially be sad myself.:crying:
RnRc is one of my favorites, but the upside is I'LL BE IN DISNEY:yay: in 28 days, and HM will be back up and running:high5:

Same for us! We'll be going for the first time since 2002 without kids! We were bummed that R & R will not be open as we haven't been on it since '02. We are excited that HM will be opened just in time for us.:cool:

28 days and counting!

BigRedDad
08-15-2007, 12:36 PM
I will edit it, but not apologize for it. It is my opinion and I can have it.

garthbarth1
08-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi there :) I am new to the board and found it by surfing the web and looking for any extra disney info! I have been several times as a child and this will be my third trip with my husband. It was our first vacation when we were dating and now we are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on Sept. 28 at MNSSHP!! We have never been and I am SO EXCITED as I LOVE HALLOWEEN!
Anway-when I found out Spaceship Earth would be closed I was devestated! This just happened on sunday night and I am still so sad! This was our "first ride tradition." We would go straight to Epcot and get on-now there will be no riding of at all ! I have accepted it for now, but it will be hard when we walk into Epcot, seeing the beautiful shinning ride and not being able to get on! I was having such a fit that my husband PROMISED me we can go back next year! (although he does not know my secret little plan of going every year from now on anyways :)This is a great board, glad to be here!

Gertie1
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Did I not mention that I have gone to Disney since I was 2 years old? Clearly I am a lover of the entire experience, but part of that experience are the 3 MAJOR rides being rehabbed at the same time.

rblee
08-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Dear Big Red,

With all due respect, I found your response to the previous posters to be rude. (especially for a Disney website). To tell someone that they should 'rethink their trip' is absolutely out of line and I think you owe them an apology. What right do you have to tell someone what they should and should not be excited for? Let's be peaceful here, please.

I too am upset that all three attractions are closed at the same time...but even more upset that RnR was just announced today (3 weeks before my trip!).

True, there is MUCH more to Disney than three rides, but to ignore that they are as much a part of the experience as anything else is also wrong. This is most definitely a mistake on Disney's part.

Jen C.
08-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Alas, into each life a little rehab must fall.

So beautifully said, and so true. :)

Mnchknbrat1982
08-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I was hoping this wouldn't be true. I had heard a few weeks ago a rumor about this. I really wanted to ride the roller coaster in MGM as it is my first trip to MGM.

MickeysEars
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
This was the first trip I was going to brave up and ride the darn thing!!!!
good grief!

DisneyDudet
08-16-2007, 02:37 AM
I understand that rehabs must take place, but I am disgusted with the fact that I will not be able to ride The Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, AND RnR. These are three of the major Disney attractions. I've been to Disney every year since I was 2 years old. I am now 31. I expect a lot more from Disney's planning committee. I have already paid for my non-refundable flight and resort and now I am stuck. This will definitely be my most disappointing Disney experience.

I wouldn't say that just yet! Something may happen for it to be the best experience yet!

This is my attempt at becoming an optimist. Go with me here!

Never know... you could win a super huge prize! While I agree, having all those down at one time would be bad, you can't let it ruin your trip.

You can always email Disney. They usually respond, and it might make you feel better.

Fantasmic
08-16-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm also a bit sad as RnRC and SE will be closed, but on the flip side, HM will be open (and I'll be able to ride it on the 13th:number1:) and there's so many other great rides, that missing out on these two wont be the end of the world.

What I'm trying to say is you'll have a great time anyway!

(it would be a different story if Splash Mountain was closed whilst I was there:()

Spaceship Tigger
08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
I certainly understand everyone's frustration. My top three rides at WDW are probably SE, ToT, and RnRC. And the closure of RnRC typically means longer lines at ToT, making for fewer rides there. While I wasn't happy about the SE closure, I knew that it needed to be done and was announced a while back. The RnRC closure, on the other hand, being announced just a few weeks out is pretty poor planning.

DisneyAndRedSox
08-16-2007, 08:17 AM
What I don't understand is why it is closed again this year? It was closed when I was there in mid-January.

I totally understand the frustration everyone who is going soon is feeling and just wanted to give my 'vacation sympathy'. We go every January and there are always closures since it is slow and I am so surprised that they are doing this many at the same time and in late summer.

T-Belle
08-16-2007, 08:47 AM
This was the first trip I was going to brave up and ride the darn thing!!!!
good grief!

Me too!

grumpyguy
08-16-2007, 09:35 AM
it is so massively dissapointing when an attraction is down during our visits.it is surprising that so many large attractions are
getting rehab at once.on my first trip w/my wife i remember animal kingdom was not having a good day and ks was down so was krr
too.i was dissapointed my wife didn;t get to experience them till next trip.but alas i still love mickey:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
08-16-2007, 10:50 AM
. . . I expect a lot more from Disney's planning committee. I have already paid for my non-refundable flight and resort and now I am stuck. This will definitely be my most disappointing Disney experience.

1) Yes, but look at it this way.
2) WDW has been really slack on rehabs in the past.
3) REALLY slack!
4) So, think of all the trips when there were no rehabs.
5) They are just making up for it.

r4kids
08-16-2007, 01:09 PM
I think it is better they are fixing whatever issues RNR has because it seems like it is frequently down. I am hoping it will be back up before we leave on Oct. 2. As far as SE,I LOVE this ride and am so sad it is down while we'll be there. However, since we are not planning a trip back until 2009(a chance to get all the new rides, attraction and new dining location's kinks out) I do look forward to making this trip a wonderful one! 36 days, 21 hours and 39 mins!!!!!

KylesMom
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I think it is better they are fixing whatever issues RNR has because it seems like it is frequently down.

I would have to agree here. When we were at Disney in June, Haunted Mansion was closed. Hard to take, but we knew it HAD to be refurbed. What we didn't take into account is how many times RnRC & Space Mountain were going to be down due to technical difficulties. There were a few days where RnRC was down all day from what I understand. Obviously something isn't quite right. Not that it's dangerous, or they would have shut it down, but they've got to ensure that their rides are running optimally, especially for the incoming holiday crowds.

Space Mountain is another attraction which was down alot, and as I posted in my trip reports, I hope it is on the refurb block too.

KAJUNKING
08-16-2007, 03:13 PM
This is my attempt at becoming an optimist. Go with me here!

lol, thats funny!

DISFREAKS
08-16-2007, 06:48 PM
I know how you feel DW and I will be at MGM on sept 24. We just tell ourselves that a day at MGM without R&R is better than a day at work.

BugeyedMuggy
08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I too am very bummed out about R&R but my DH has informed me he will do something extra special for me because this is my most favorite ride.

mook3y
08-17-2007, 10:09 AM
My DW is seriously bummed about this too. Last two trips she wasnt able to get on it and was on our must do for this year.

We just look at it this way. More reason to go again next year!

TBY2225
08-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I am really bummed too! This is my DH and my favorite ride! I was heart broken! RnR and Primetime were the only reason we were even going to the studios and we don't have hopper passes. Oh well, that just means we have to plan another trip soon! 36 more days! WOO_HOO!

MMouse6937
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I am definately bummed by the closure, but I'mjust so happy to be able to go to WDW that in no way would this ruin my whole experience. Every year we go during value season and there's always something closed that I would like to ride (I remember the year the HM was closed when we went :( ) but now it just gives me a reason to go back again, and again, and again, and oh again!! :D

LudwigVonDrake
08-18-2007, 03:57 PM
For me, The Haunted Mansion was closed last month and I wasn't happy but I accepted it because I knew it needed the TLC that it's in process of getting! :hmghost:

I feel your pain :D