PDA

View Full Version : Room Location Requests

shecky66
08-15-2007, 07:49 AM
We'll be there next week starting Friday the 24th.

When I made our reservation a few months ago, I requested a specific area. I had heard that you're supposed to follow up before you arrive with the request. When do I do the follow up phone call?

Strmchsr
08-15-2007, 09:31 AM
You can follow up 2-3 days before arrival. Just remember that no room requests are guaranteed.

BugeyedMuggy
08-15-2007, 09:43 AM
A follow up fax is even better a day or two before I've heard.

GrumpyFan
08-15-2007, 10:15 AM
I've heard from other sources that the hotel you've reserved gets your information from central reservations 5 days before you are scheduled to arrive. At that point, someone allocates the room(s), supposedly taking in to consideration the special requests you've made on the initial reservation information. It's been advised that you try and contact the hotel on or about day 5.

BelleBeauty
08-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I also recommend faxing your request. There is a great section on how to format your request on the Info tab. I have also heard that reservations are not downloaded to your particular resort until 4-5 days before you arrive, so faxing earlier than that wouldn't be worth it. I like to make my fax very Disneyish and friendly, hopefully put a smile on the face of the person having to sift through all this info, which has lead to our room requests always being fulfilled! :mickey:

Strmchsr
08-15-2007, 10:41 AM
The one problem with faxes is that several sources have indicated that fax requests are now mostly tossed due to the huge volume of them. That's the reason I suggest a call, but if you've had it noted on your reservation that's about as good as you can do.

TammiMcMan
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Both options, calling and faxing a few days prior to arrival, are hit or miss. In most cases, phone calls to the resort are actually handled by a central call center. They may connect you to the room assignor at the resort, or they may connect you to CRO, where you initially placed your request. They'll just verify that it's there. The same with faxes. No one is quite sure where they end up. I don't think it ever hurts to follow up, but it may not increase your chances at all.

Personally, I think arriving early is helpful. If they've pre-assigned a room that you aren't happy with, chances are they can still switch things around. If you arrive later in the day after many guests have already checked in, the available inventory choices goes way down.

TheDuckRocks
08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Tammy, by what time do you consider "early in the day"?

TammiMcMan
08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Tammy, by what time do you consider "early in the day"?By my experience, anything prior to 1pm.

TheRustyScupper
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
By my experience, anything prior to 1pm.

1) This is good advice.
2) However, the earlier the better.
3) Even better is 8:00am-9:00am.
. . . if one-half of the new guests are checked-in by 1:00
. . . if those are in YOUR room category
. . . there would be few options for room re-assignment
. . . I recommend people check-in early, Early, EARLY.