PDA

View Full Version : December Cruises

richardsa98
08-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey all! Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the decorate the cruise ships for the holidays? I was thinking of a quick three night cruise December 6th for my husband's birthday. Will there be Christmas events planned on the ship/decorations and trees? Or do they just do that at the world?
Also, what is the weather like at that time of year?

rmfreder
08-14-2007, 11:35 PM
My DH and I have been on the DCL twice in early December. Both times, the boat has been beautifully decorated for Christmas -- a sight not to be missed! The weather in the Bahamas was wonderful that time of year. During both trips, we were able to snorkel at Castaway! December is definitely our favorite time of year to visit the parks and go on the DCL. :balloon:

ElenitaB
08-15-2007, 09:51 AM
The ships begin to be decorated mid-November. We were on a sailing of the Wonder last year November 16, and there was a huge tree in the atrium, garland and lights had been wrapped around the bannisters (you can see a bit in this photo (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/112072820-L-1.jpg)); the dining rooms were also decorated, but there was definitely more to come. Castaway Cay also gets a touch of Christmas finery but this hadn't happened by our sailing. However, we'll see it this year as we sail on December 9!

DOPEY321
08-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I sailed Dec.4,05 and the dhip and Castaway Cay were decorated. It was close enough the holidays for the decorations but far enough away that the crowds were minimal.:cloud9:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-19-2007, 11:51 AM
When we went the first week in Dec 2005 everything was beautifully decorated, including Castaway Cay. I got numerous pictures of the tram that will take you to the beaches. I won't say more, but you have to see it from the front AND the back. So cute!
When we got off the ship on CC, they were passing out hot chocolate and sugar cookies. Not that we needed the hot chocolate, they were just keeping with the season.