PDA

View Full Version : How Much???

crazeedizneefinatic
08-14-2007, 10:08 PM
We are a family of 3. We are going to Disney September 21st to the 30th. We have just paid off our trip and are not thinking about spending money. We are on the FREE dining plan so food is not a factor this trip. We used to bring $150 a day to cover food and such. We never used that much and usually came home with a few bucks. This year I was going to budget just $50 a day for whatever since our food is already paid for. Do you think $500 is enough for 10 days? We will also have our debit and credit card with us just in case. Just wondering what others take as spending money.

Pirate Granny
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
I thought that the free dining ended on the 23rd???? Does it extend 'cause your trip started before the free dining ended?
:pirate:

crazypoohbear
08-15-2007, 12:12 AM
I thought that the free dining ended on the 23rd???? Does it extend 'cause your trip started before the free dining ended?
:pirate:
Yes, as long as your checked in before the free dining ends it is covered throughout the stay.
By the way, I am only bringing 300.00 for 8 days while on the free dining.

tadshome
08-15-2007, 02:47 AM
I am now really :confused: and not sure how much money to take. We are on free dining and leave on 23rd August. We were planning on taking quite a bit of money as we did not want to run out. Will we not need it? We have our passes and seaworld tickets etc... Please help!:)

DizNee143
08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
i say bring more than you need...its always better to have more than not enough!! i know if i had a family and was going for 10 days i would probably bring a grand...if i dont use it all great..but i always feel better if i know i just have it on me!! :mickey:
whatever you end up doing..i hope you have a great vacation!!

thrillme
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
If you have credit cards and debit cards why bring more than 500 cash. Personally I'm a big fan of plastic. If you have free dining that would probably be enough if you go easy on the "extras".

SBETigg
08-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Make sure you have some cash for tips, but the only other thing you'll really need to cover are souvenirs and not-included items like alcoholic drinks or extra snacks. It all depends on how much you plan to spend outside of what you've already paid for on the package.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Keep in mind that you will still need to get something for breakfast. And depending how hot it is, you will have to buy water etc during the day. You can use a snack credit for that but I know when it's hot I drink a LOT of water.
But as you said, you will have plastic so you should be fine. You can always find an ATM if you need to.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I am starting to feel good about the $500 decision. Thanks for the responses! I don't want to carry to much cash just incase I would lose it. We will always have the plastic too. Forgot to mention too that my son has raised his own spending money and will be bringing along $200, so his souveniers this year are totally coming from his pocket . It will be interesting to see what he really buys this time when Mom & Dad are not footing the bill, LOL!

TennesseeTink
08-16-2007, 02:43 PM
I would think that $50/day should be plenty, unless one of you is a shopping fanatic and has to buy something everyday. If your cash is for tips and snacks/water, you'll probably have enough cash left at the end of the trip to buy whatever souvenirs you've been eyeing throughout your trip.

Have a great trip!:thumbsup: