PDA

View Full Version : go carts

boomer
08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
my 9 yr old son has just discovered the fun of driving go karts he wants to know if there is any thing like this in any of the parks .

IloveDisney71
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes - in the MK there is the Tomorrow Land Indy Speedway. He can drive a car by himself, as long as his feet reach the gas pedal. The cars are on a track that keeps them in a lane. He will love this. :D

magicofdisney
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
My 9yo son is obsessed with Nascar. He wants a go kart SO BAD. He does enjoy the Tomorrow Land Indy Speedway, but the cars are NOT fast. If he's ridden a real go kart it may feel a little lame, but it can be exciting trying to slowly beat the ppl riding along side you. :mickey:

Main Street Jim
08-15-2007, 10:15 AM
He can drive a car by himself, as long as his feet reach the gas pedal. Just to clarify, this is not correct. The required height to "drive" by yourself is 52", so as long as he's that tall, he can drive ;)

My *FAVE* attraction in the Magic Kingdom!

Jared
08-15-2007, 10:43 AM
If your son expects traditional go-karts, Tomorrowland Indy Speedway will probably be disappointing. The cars are guided on a thick metal rail and do not travel faster than seven m.p.h. Regardless, the attraction is the closest thing Disney has to what your son wants.

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2007, 10:46 AM
1) The answer is "no".
2) The Indy cars are gas engines, but run on rails.
3) He would not actually be "driving".

MPLSguy
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Unless he signs up for the Richard Petty Driving Experience in WDW, the Autopia is as good as it will get for him there. :)

#1donaldfan
08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Not really.....the Indy cars are very slow and on a track to keep the cars from going out of control......If he's used to actual go carts with total control and fast speeds this will not impress him at all......however, I loved them as a kid and my kids "sorta" like 'em.......I guess we're just a faster paced, more daring type of society now.......don't worry though, you'll be at Disney and he won't "fret" over just one ride.....there are so many.......

wedway76
08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
About 10 years ago we stayed off site and near our hotel was a a small amusement park that had a great go-kart track. I did a quick Google search, and I THINK this was the place. http://www.fun-spot.com/